Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-08-2006, 09:53 AM   #1  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Default Monday Chat- May 8

GM Ladies!
Just a quick one to start the day. How is everyone today? What've you got planned? Today I have to clean up the house a bit, run to the store (god I'm glad to be driving again), and meet DH at the gym at 6 for our workout. I didn't get to take the kids to the circus this weekend. They cancelled it. We drove down there and there was a big sign outside, Circus cancelled. So we took them to the park and out for ice cream afterward. I had about 1/2 a scoop of butterbrickle. I couldn't resist. This place has the most amazing ice cream! They make it all fresh right there in the ice cream parlor! I'll check back later. The kids are fighting so I gotta run, TTYL

Last edited by timmyshawn; 05-08-2006 at 10:03 AM.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:23 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Morning

Heather its great you had a good time despite the circus canceling on you... phooie on them LOL. I rarely eat ice cream but last friday I had one scoop of .... get this... cotton candy ice cream. I know it sounds gross, but OMG is it good. Our local dairy queen makes it. DD had some and I took a lick and now I'm hooked. Well not really hooked, ice cream isn't a trigger food for me but it wasssssssssssssss gooddddddddddd. Glad you enjoyed it.

Nothing happening this week, sosdd. Boss is gone for two days starting tomorrow then here for only 1/2 day on thursday and out friday ..... can you say WHOOOOOOOOOT !!!!!

How are you all ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:51 AM   #3  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Hey girls!

What a weekend! I'm glad it's over! Crazy busy!! Well DH and I were going to take my parents to a Baseball game this weekend for their anniversary, but it didn't work out, because someone in my Dad's church (he's a Pastor), died suddenly, and they had to have the funeral on Saturday.... so that blew that! I'm a little disappointed. So we're making plans to go Glow in the Dark Mini-Golfing and Dinner one night this week.

I got NO cleaning done this weekend...I just couldn't get motivated to do it. The sad thing is that it is still here waiting for me no matter how long I put it off! Arghhh....I hate doing dishes!!!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:07 PM   #4  
Hot Mama

OMG, I am really starting to get freaked out about hubby coming home. Leenie, I so appreciate your comments on the weekend post. It's nice to know someone thinks I'm worth something! Anyway, my stomach is all tied up and fluttering this morning. All these months of making my own decisions, not having to second guess myself, taking care of myself first, is all coming to an end. He will be home in about 2 weeks. Crap, even saying those words sends a chill through me. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, he's not abusive. I just always feel like the loser of the relationship when he is here. I know he has his faults, but his good qualities are the ones most people admire. He is in great shape, he is disciplined, he is into more "sophisticated" stuff than I am, he is very neat, etc.....
This is me-I don't mind a slightly messy, disorganized house. It means I have better things to do with my time than spend every waking minute cleaning. I like off-color and silly jokes. I love to laugh. I'm not thin. I don't have to iron my underwear before I put it on. I love to fix things. I love to be silly. He has never liked these things, but these are me!

Okay, I have vented enough for today I think. I have to run some errands and take the kids to book report lunch. Then take my boys to my parent's house. I have my head doc appt tomorrow, and then shopping with DD.

Hope everyone Has a good day.
Marciet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 03:31 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Marcie you sound like me, I like rude jokes, being silly and bathroom humor too.. LOL

I don't think your the loser in the relationship, actually I think quite the opposite, just sit back and look at what you've accomplished by yourself. You've managed to take care of yourself, your kids, the house (so what if its messy, so is mine lol) and all the stuff that goes along with the responsibilities you've been dealing with. I think your a WINNER!!!! I think your stronger than you give yourself credit for, you just don't see it. Hang in there hon...we adore you here

AMANDA !! glow in the dark golf.. how freakin cool !! that sounds like tons of fun, enjoy !!! I'm sorry to hear about your dad's pastor, thats just aweful. I'm glad you enjoyed the weekend with out cleaning.... In my house, I clean on friday nights, and you'd never know it by sunday night oy vey lolol. Enjoy life first...clean later

Toodles...
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:05 PM   #6  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Marcie, I agree with Leenie, you are not a loser! You've done so much for yourself, and for your kids, and those are things to be proud of! Don't let your hubby discourage you from becoming the person you know you want to be! Believe me, I can relate, your hubby sounds way too much like mine! Don't lose focus of the goals you have for yourself, so many times we tend to think that we HAVE to, or that we have to put our hubby's needs before our own...but you know what...you ARE important, and you need to take time for YOU! I'm proud of you for all you've accomplished! Keep it up!

Leenie, here's the website for the glow in the dark mini-golf place http://www.putting-edge.com/virtual_tour.php...you can take a virutal tour....it's really awesome!!! I've never seen such a thing until I came out here to Ontario! I actually do better at glow in the Dark golf then regular mini-golf! Hehe!!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote