Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-05-2006, 09:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/290/155

Height: 5'5"

Default Help, Help, Help Me Please

I really need some help. I just cannot stay on a diet longer than two days. I was working the LA Weight Loss plan. I have depression and anxiety. My sister says that I have fibromyalgia, too. I, also, suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome. By the second day of the diet, I was up pacing all night. I binged and then fell asleep like a baby. The second night I binged and slept well.

Any suggestions are welcome. Am I just doomed to be fat for the rest of my life?

Thank you ahead of time for your help.

P. S. Ignore the ticker. I gained back the three pounds.
missmuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 07:46 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi MM, nice to meet you. I love your avitar

First, I would let a doctor diagnose you to see if you have fibromyalgia and not your sister (I know you love her but..). Also, talk to your doctor about the restless leg syndrom and have him/her suggest a diet plan for you.

Have you ever tried Weight Watchers? I don't know about LA weight loss but when your on WW you can eat basically what you want but portion control is a big part of it. I believe thats why so many folks have good success with WW, its cause they can eat what they like.

I understand your frustration more than you know, trust me. Just hang in there and keep trying. The thing about dieting is to find something that works for "YOU", something you can live with.

Hugs !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/290/155

Height: 5'5"

Default Thanks, Leenie

Leenie,

I appreciate your reply.

Yes, I, too, believe in working with the medical profession. My doctor has given me Mirapex for the RLS. It's a Parkinson's med, but they've found that it works for the RLS, too. Also, I have been working with a psychiatrist recently.

I've noticed that when I came back to this site and looked up my old signature that I was 297 lbs. a few years ago. I'm 274 now. So, I have managed to keep that weight off. I'm just a bit older now with the RLS and RA getting worse. That's why I want to lose weight. It's not for vanity anymore. Now, I just want to do something to make these aches and pains go away.

I'll take a few minutes now to browse the site and maybe I'll try another approach. I have looked into WW, but they seem to be pretty much the same as lawl.

Again, Leenie, thank you for taking the time to listen and respond.
missmuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:16 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi again

Thats great!!!!! that you lost weight from the last time you were here BRAVO!!

Wow, I didn't know that they give you the same meds for RLS and Parkinsons but when you think about it, it kinda makes sense... I'm assuming it works on the CNS? How is it working for you?

I couldn't agree you more for your reason for wanting to lose weight. As we get older, its really not a vanity thing, it really is about health. Good for you!!

I didn't know laws was like ww. For some reason I thought it was about a liquid diet LOLOL oy vey eh~

Good luck and have fun surfing
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote