Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-04-2006, 12:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Thursday Chat May 4

good morning gang
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

I just got here and noticed today's daily thread wasn't up yet so I started it quickly - hoping that someone is not doing it as I type

So how is everyone today?

Lots of newbies to welcome

Welcome HeavenlyGirl - are you thinking of joining a gym?

Welcome Suzanne - so sorry to hear about your son's pneumonia. How is he doing today?

Welcome Anne - no outsiders here - just jump on in and join us. We would love to get to know you. I love your picture in your avatar. You look beautiful and happy! I love being around happy people!

Hey Marciet - it's good to see ya here! Glad you are doing better. Hope all goes well when your dh gets home!

MMarie - walking? what's that??? I am so out of my routine but I have got to get back into it. You have walked 261 miles! WOW WOW WOW! that is absolutely awesome! I am so proud of you! you are gonna have to share some of your discipline with me pllllllleeeeeeaaaaassssssseeeeeeee

Leenie - I did find a pink oxford shirt. On the way home that day I found a short sleeve one at Walmart for 9.99. Not exactly what I was looking for but it will do for now. That song "Believe" by Andy is awesome!!! I agree! what ya doing today? busy at work???

Cin - how r u feeling today? what r u up to?

Tippy - how is the house?

Liz - whasssup girlie?

Joanne, Judomom, Lynnie - all the gang - whassssuppppppp?

hope everyone has a great day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:44 PM   #3  

Hi all,

My son, Justin, is doing better today (he's the one with pneumonia). He is really good at letting me sleep when I need to - I guess because he has been dealing with my depression for over four years. If I stop and think about it, I feel so sorry for him - no nine year old should have to worry about this. But maybe it is meant to be and is going to make him a better person. I know he is a very caring child and, as someone once told me he is an "old soul".

Besides my lack of sleep I am finding it difficult because of the loss of routine. I am one who needs her routine but so far I am not letting it beat me. Tomorrow my husband leaves for three days so any adult contact will be gone!

I'm just going to deal with today now and deal with tomorrow when it comes.

Talk to you later,
Suzanne.
SuzanneGettingSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:29 PM   #4  
CIN

Hi Gals,
I sat in the sunshine for 20 minutes today.who knows I may get tan recovering from surgery. I was hoping for some Vitamins from the sun!

News flash!!! I drove my car topday all alone to Kroger.bought a couple things and came home and took a nap. Sure felt good!

Later
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:06 PM   #5  
Hot Mama

Hi all. Today is not so great. Having the kids 24/7, homeschooling and being a single parent right now is getting to my nerves. I need a break!!! The constant noise, talking, fighting, instruments, etc is wearing on me. I started crying earlier just because I felt so aggravated, but had to swallow it down because it's not the kids fault. I don't want to snap at them just because I'm having a hard time. But day after tomorrow my sister is taking them for a few hours. If I can just make it until then....

Anyway, had to get that out. Talk to you all later.
Marciet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:08 PM   #6  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Hi ladies! sorry my posting has been sporadic but I get to the computer when I can these days. DH went to the gym with me last night and I actually had a good workout. It was upper body day so I could actually do all of the machines! I even did 10 min on the bike and a few laps in the pool.

Cathy- my Pt is going good, It gets a little easier every day. The surgeons office called today and got all of my info and let me know they're setting up my pre-op tests. I'm glad you found a shirt that works, and at a good price!

Suzanne- I'm glad your son is doing a bit better. THat's good. I am sorry you're struggling right now. Just hang in there and know you aren't alone. We are here for ya.

Cin- WTG!! A drive and walk to boot! A tan? what's that? My body hasn't seen sun in years! It sounds like you're doing great!

How's everyone else today? Well I'm off. I need to shower and go get dD so I can come home and make dinner. DH is meeting me at the gym again tonight! TTYL
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:28 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girls, sorry I can't play, I'm so busy I will try to read up and post more tomorrow... love yah !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:30 PM   #8  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Hey everyone... I'm jumping in on here! Nice to "meet" you all! I'm new to dieting, and starting an uphill battle. I get depressed quite a bit and have a very low self image, and my weight only adds to that. I want to lose about 30 Lb's....the weight I gained the past few years due to the many medications I've been on. I hope to get to know you all better!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:28 PM   #9  

Hi everyone, I'm Neroli, from New Zealand. I have suffered from depression since the birth of my last baby two years ago. I have 4 girls and the Father of the 2 little ones recently left me and moved in with someone he met online. I ended up in hospital and he applied for custody of the girls. Have just finished that battle, which thank goodness I won. I hear the best revenge is living well, so I'm taking the opportunity to get rid of the 50kg!!!!! I have put on over the last 2 years.
Hope to get to know you all better.
Best wishes Neroli
fatkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 12:06 AM   #10  

Hi everyone!

Been busy like everyone........one of these days I'll sit down and get everyone caught up on the latest!

Great to see all the new faces.........welcome..........and of course the old familiar faces.

Hugs everyone!

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote