Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-12-2006, 09:29 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Thursday's Chat - January 12th

Good Morning,

Liz, I'm glad your feeling better

Cathy, we all need a break with exercising.... I have such a hard time with it to begin with. Your doing wonderful !!!

Tippy, what the ??????? You need to knit yourself an ice bag for your head. Take care of yourself woman... I don't wanna hear about my good friend being hurt. Cookies for "R" awwww. How is he doing?

Erin, sorry your yoga class was a poopoo some times it takes a while b/4 it livens up.

Marie, its your turn to get on the exercise equip today. I got on the dreadmill again last night... ***SHOCKED*** lolol !!! How are you feeling?

Sandy, its great your involved in church, IMHO a church family is very important. Now get going on Leslie today

Suz, Let us know how you make out at the doctors today. Good for you for going !!!!

April, good to see you. We miss you. How's the little grand daughter doing?

Heather, how are you today.

Joanne !!! where are you.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

well the bad news is ... I only got 4 hours of sleep last night.
and the really bad news is .... that of course I did not exercise this morning - just too pooped

BUT THE REALLY GOOD NEWS IS.... that my : is down another pound!

Leenie - I am so proud of you getting on that blasted dreadmill last night! you are on a roll girlie!

Liz - I and my family do not get the flu shot. They contain Thimerosal which is a mercury disinfectant/perservative and I am very concerned about mercury especially in relation to how it might affect our thyroid. It's just a personal choice for us. Now my 69 year old mother, who also has a low thyroid problem, does get the flu shot, bec it's probably more dangerous for her to get the flu at her age then to worry about how the Thimerosal might make affect her thyroid. So - like I said - it's just a choice.

MMarie - yes I feel it when I don't exercise. I kind of feel like...I'm coming down with something, ya know kind of draggin, so I really hate it when I don't get it in. I'm so glad you are feeling better! And did you say that you are a little bored right now? girl! come see me - I can share a great big stack of forms with you

Erin - I don't know much about Yoga really - what didn't you like about your class? Was it a new class?

Sandy - I absolutely love a handbell choir! I think those bells are BEAUTIFUL! Do you teach a yoga class?

Tippy - how is that big KNOT on your head today? girlie you have got to be CAREFUL! ya know we have all had slips and falls on those rolling secretary chairs huh. Ok - tell me about your rice bags - I've never heard of them. Do you warm them and wear them to keep you warm in the cold? or is it like a heating pad for pain?

April - girl it's good to see ya! how are you doing? are you still doing ww? how is that sweet grandbaby?

Zsuzsu - I hope your dr appt goes well today!

ok gang - the stacks of paperwork are getting taller - I gotta run.

Ya'll have a good day!

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:01 AM   #3  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Hey girls just wanted to drop in a give a quick hi to ya'll.I have a loaded day today all the way into this evening. DD has girl scouts tonight and that won't be over til 7:30 so I'll be finishing up errands while she's there. Get home around 10 til 8, eat and bed. Hope everyone is good today. I'll catch up on everything going on with ya'll tonight before bed. Take care.
Oh yeah, I gained 3 lbs back. I'm not in onederland anymore, but I will fix that!!
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:31 PM   #4  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Morning everyone. I hope everyone is having a good day. I love Thursdays because it is so near to Friday which is my favorite day of the week. Bet you can guess why.

Leenie, I did it. I did it. I got on the exercycle and actually pedalled for 20 minutes. Didn't send me into a coughing fit so that was good. I did think of you and your dreadmill as I was pedalling. I really like walking and I think I would switch with you. But instead of a dreadmill, I ordered WATP DVD from Amazon yesterday and paid overnight shipping. I got the email saying it was shipped so it should be here today. I'm going to walk in my house tonight. Exercise, here I come. I'm back on track. It only takes once and I'm into it. Just why is getting back into it once so hard????

Cathy, send some of your work my way. Actually, when I'm done playing here, I think I'm going to create a new database and webpage to access it for a reading program. I thought about it last night and decided that today and tomorrow were going to be dedicated to that. But if you want to send me some work, I'd be happy to screw it up for you. :grin:

Timmy, sounds like you're pretty busy. Glad you dropped by.

Tippy, sounds like you lived up to your name (tipped over). I sure hope you're feeling good today and the knot isn't too big. Do tell more about the rice bags.

Liz, I definitely get a flu shot. Up until the flight on the self contained germ incubator (aka airplane) I hadn't been sick in years and years. I do anything to avoid the flu and colds. I'm a baby when it comes to being sick. Withmy asthma, I definitely don't like upper respitory infections to throw the astma out of balance.

April, good to see you. As I read your note, I glanced at my lightbox and smile. I absolutely love mine.

Well, I really should get back to work. Talk to you later.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 01:10 PM   #5  

Rice bags are basically bags of any shape or size made out of fabric and filled with plain old uncooked rice or flax seed or other stuff. I also add cotton ball or three soaked in a scent like lavender. They are heated in the microwave from 30 seconds to a minutes depending on the size and used as a heating pad. ) Don't over heat as the rice burns and stinks.) They can also be kept in the freezer for a cold pack.

Since my hands are always cold, I made two of them using four 8-inch rice bags and sewing two together on three sides. Slipping my hands in those warmed bags is better than sex !

My head is sore but, as some of you know, I'm pretty hard headed !
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:51 PM   #6  

Good afternoon everyone

It is an overcast day here today....but mild....although yesterday in the late evening it snowed for an hour.

I went & had my toes done this afternoon....I have known the lady who did it....for a long time.......it's like going to a counselor.

Since Nov. 20.....I wasn't doing well......the depression....I had to up the Celexa twice....have been doing better. I have been seeing my counselor on & off for the last 4 years.....she told me part of the reason for my depression.....which I thought that this contributed to my depression....which is all I will say for now.

MMarie.....this light box is different from the 1 I use at the kitchen table....it is portable & small.....so I can use it when I am on the computer.
My counselor said to use it before I get out of bed in the morning....which I did today.
It has blue lights....so it is different from my other light box.

Leenie.....my grand daughter is doing well....she was 5 months on Jan. 6.....I will be going to visit them on Jan. 26 for 8 days.....then on Feb. 3 will be going to visit DS2 & his GF in Victoria on Vancouver Island for about 10 days.
My DDIL has the instant messenger....I do also.....we use the web cam to be able to see Claire....her mother sits her on the computer desk.....& we use the audio also.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:31 PM   #7  

Cool

Hi Everyone,

Well I went to the Dr. today and he is letting me switch back to Effexor XR to see if it will help with the weight loss (I was on it before I kicked my ex out). But then he also was telling me that I shouldn't be frustrated or disappointed at all with my weight loss..... I am currently averaging 1.3lbs per week.

I then went to LAWL to weigh in and the counsellor there said that my goal should only be 1lb a week - not the 2lbs/week for people who don't have obstacles!

OK.... so maybe I shouldn't get frustrated..... but I am just really tired of being this big

Oh, did I mention that I went up .4lb again...... but considering I found out this week that I am probably going to get evicted (they are selling the place I live in as an owner occupied not investment property) I should be happy with just the little bit!

Off to cook a wonderful dinner for my son & me --- steak, cabbage, carrots and just a little bit of mashed potatoes!

Hope Everyone has a fantastic Friday!
zsuzsu64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:59 PM   #8  

Hi ya'll,

Hey Leenie, I did 3 miles with Leslie today!!!!!!! It wasn't as tough as I thought it would be. Would have done 4 but ran out of time before having to get the kiddos from school. I even drank some water. That 's a real tuffy for me.

Yes Cathy, I do teach a yoga class. Got my first certification a little over a year ago. I started doing yoga 3 years ago at a church that is close to my house. The program is called Outstretched in Worship. It is a Christian approach to yoga. A need arose for a new teacher and I was asked to do it. So I share teaching responsibilities with another lady who also happens to be in my handbell choir and in a ladies ensemle that I sing with at church. Neither of us are members of the church we teach at. Not even the same denomination. But it is a terrific church that is very community minded and is commited to spreading the message of Christ through any means available.
And now I work at their Mom's Day Out program.

I was wondering what particualr weight loss program most of you are doing. I'm not doing one "by the book" so to speak. Mainly just an eat less move more plan. And trying to avoid the really white carbs. I had some succes with the Change One plan from Reader's Digest, so that is basically what I am doing. Just got to get back on regular schedule. It seems that with depression it is so easy to get knocked out of your routine.

Have good Friday everyone. Don't let the date cause you any trouble!!!

Sandy
flagmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:29 AM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

Good evening everyone

Busy afternoon here, I picked up my mom and took her to get her hair cut as she has a job interview tomorrow morning. And then of course had to hit the grocery store. Didn't bother making coffee this morning so have a good headache tonght, thank goodness its almost bedtime. I'm hoping to spend most of tomrrow at home so that I can finally get some more of the cleaning and decluttering done.

Liz - I get the flu shot. I've always gotten so sick and with my hubby on the road so much there is just me to look after my girls and I can't do it if I'm feeling like I've been hit by a mack truck! My mom bugged me into it as she gets hers every year and she has also had that pnemonia shot as she has really bad lungs.

Great to see so many doing so great. Take care all,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote