Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-05-2006, 08:29 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Thursday, January 5th CHAT

Good Morning,

Its another gloomly day here, gray skys, ICK and foggy too. This stinkaroonies lol.

Nothing much is happening here. Last two days of my vacation
Yesterday I did a bit of shopping with my sister. We went to the christmas tree shop (they have year round things there). Got two rugs for my kitchen (small ones) and two pictures for my bedroom. They are pretty, flowers. One's pink/mauve and the other is soft purple. Thats about it ... oh and foam hand soap for DD.

Today I must clean out my car...its HORRIBLE !!!!! looks like a toy factory exploded in there.

Whats everyone doing today?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Morning Leenie and all,

Leenie--shopping..what fun! Great exercise too, I hate cleaning out the car..but it always looks so much better when its done; how do they get that messy???

Today is my bday but we aren't doing anything. I may try to go take a walk down by the river or something.

It is really yucky and gloomy looking out today.
Snoopysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:32 AM   #3  

Hey everybody.......been working this week.....the ER is a gong show and it is busy busy!

Today and tomorrow I am in clinic.

The girls and hubby have been spending lots of time together, it has been nice, they have a routine for tread mill, chores and then out to do something fun like skating or a movie.

I will do some cleaning on saturday. Tree is still up..........tomorrow is the day the three wise men visited baby Jesus......then the tree comes down....it also would have been my son's 12th birthday.

Have a good one!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 10:29 AM   #4  

hi everyone

I am new to the daily chit chat but I am going to try and stick around here.

I am not doing too good yet. I am starting slow trying to stop eating so much snack stuff. I don't have a diet plan in place yet. I have NO will power so any diet is going to be hard for me.
I am having alot of health problems. I really need to quit smoking but dont know how....again NO will power. I cant barely breathe anymore. I am also having problems with swelling. I am also going to the dr today because I had routine blood work come back as diabetic level. So now I go for diabetic counseling.
I dont know how to get will power without antidepressants but I am trying.

Have a great day everyone.
lorenzo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 10:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

It's really nice outside down here this morning.

Heather - congrats on going smoke free! what an awesome task and major accomplishment. I know you can do it! congrats on getting back on track also.

Kierie - how's the pain? did you end up leaving work early yesterday?

Snoopy - well HAPPY BIRTHDAY girlie! wanted to answer your question from yesterday - it really wasn't a last minute crunch - I didn't even attempt to get up and do my walking - as it's that TOM and I have major cramps. Also didn't get it in this morning. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel better and get myself going early. congrats on going the Y

Buddly - what ya up to today?

Leenie - I remember you mentioning the Christmas Tree Shop every year (probably bec I would love to have one of those around here) - it sounds like such fun going to a store that is all Christmas stuff. On one of our trips to Branson we found a couple of Christmas shops and we had a blast looking around (especially in the middle of the summer) Enjoy your last 2 days of vacation - they go so very fast don't they!

Liz - the ER sounds C R A Z Y! I hope it calms down for you. You mentioned your families routine - do you have a treadmill at home - or do they go to the gym?

Hey Lori - it's good to have you on the daily chit chat! I believe in "one step and one day at a time" - and to me - you're planning to "stop eating so much snack stuff" sounds like a great plan and it does take will power to start there - so hey girlie - you've got it - the will power to stop eating so much snack stuff. Every thing counts! It all adds up! and it all makes a difference! Hope your dr appt goes well.

Cin, Tip, MMarie, SueMarie, everybody, all our gang - what's everybody up to?

I'm up to a lot of paper work *sigh* so I've got to get with it!

Hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:10 PM   #6  

The weather here is too warm1 I actually wish we'd have a normal winter. the frost is coming out of the grown and that's bad for the field crops.

I have a crockpot cooking filled with leftover turkey parts. We got a small turkey-enough for two meals for us. Roger hates leftovers so I put aside enough for anothe meal in the freezer and put the rest in thepot. I haven't the slightest idea what i"m gonna do with it. Maybe the outside kitties and the doggie will feast since we really don't like turkey soup or casserole.

Next I have to make breakfast burritoes and freeze them. They're really not low calorie but only one will fill me up fine. They're great to nuke in a hurry and a heck of alot healthier than drive-thru ones.

Lately. I've approached food/eating differently. No low calorie stuff. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. I eat slowly and listen to my body. If it is time for a meal, I ask myself if I'm hungry. If not, I don't eat until I am hungry and then it's a meal-no snacking. Basically, it's how a thin person eats. I feel better. Oh and I don't weigh myself. I'm going to relax and not think about food/eating.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:21 PM   #7  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Leenie- Sounds like you had fun shopping. What a fun way to get in some extra exercise! Sorry to hear that it's so gloomy, the rain and yuck finally cleared out here. TOday is the first sunny day we've had in a week. I need to clean out my van but I've been putting it off. I just hate doing it!

Snoopysgirl- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! A walk by the river sounds nice. I hope you have a relaxing and good birthday!

Liz- it sounds like you could use some Calgon to take you away! Make sure you make time to pamper yourself!

Lorenzo05- great to have you here. You can do it girl! We all have to start somewhere and will power is a problem for all of us at some point I think or else we wouldn't have the need to lose weight! Being mindful of what you're eating is a great way to start and we are here if ya need a kick in the rump!

Cathy- Hey girlie!! Glad you got some nice weather there. Just chug awway at the paper work and before you know it you'll get through it.

I don't have much planned for today. We cleaned out the attic last night and this morning I dropped off a whole bunch of stuff to the women's shelter. A crib, bassinet, a bunch of infant toys, walker, bathing seat, 2 car seats, a bunch of women's and infants clothes. We took the back seat out of the van and still had to cram stuff in. We take alot of stuff to them, cause they are totally run on private donations. They don't get state or corporate help and they take in victims of sexual abuse, violence, etc.. and their kids and help them get jobs if they don't have one, help them find a new place to live, and help them manuver through the legal system with restaining orders or divorses or arrest warrents. Whatever they need and alot of the women and kids show up with only the clothes on their back so it's a really good cause.
I have alot laundry to do and some scrubbing on the bathrooms and kitchen that needs to get done, I am just having a hard time getting motivated to get it done. Could someone send the cleaning fairy my way. I think she took a vacation cause she hasn't been here in a while.
Well all I'm off to eat lunch and try to get some of this cleaning done before I have to pickup DD from school. I hope everyone has a good day. TTYL
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:28 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Birthday Snoopy How far do you run? I think thats a wonderful gift to yourself BRAVO !!!!

Liz, that sounds neat that your dh and kids get on the dreadmill. My dd actually went on yesterday for 15 minutes, I almost fell over to watch her little legs doing it for that long. I bet the ER is a nut house. I can't imagine working there Hugs to you tomorrow !!! hang in there .

Lori, let us know how you make out at the doctors today. One day at a time and small changes is the best I can do too. I am not one for SNAP! one day I'm changed. It takes me a long time but eventually I'll get back on track. Good luck.

Heather good job on the cleaning.... I should hire you to do my house and it was really nice of you to drop it off at the shelter. Enjoy your lunch and have a productive day....... watcha got for lunch ? lol.

Cathy, hope your day goes easy. The christmas tree shop isn't christmas stuff all year, its got everything you can think of, seasonal stuff. Yesterday they had tons of valentines day stuff out. They have house hold stuff like plates, pans, lamps, rugs, all sorts of stuff, even toys. they are very inexpensive, you can buy seasonal stuff for outdoors and throw it away at the end of the season, thats how cheap the stuff is. Disposable

Tippy, the sun came out here too and its warming up. Perfect weather for people to get sick again. I'm with you, when winter comes, it should stay until it has to leave. There are squirrels all over the place, usually they are in their nests and you don't see them. Good luck with your eating plan, that sounds like a book I read. Just eat normal and 1/2 of it. Period !!!!! Good for you. The more I obsess the fatter I get.

Well its back to cleaning... the computer room that was once cleaned b/4 christmas is now disgusting...any takers? lolol.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:12 PM   #9  
CIN

Just driving by to say hello!

I am walking in the cold because you walk faster when you are cold!

Eating healthy & feeling good about it........WW meeting rooms are full of hopeful members...........I love the excitement! I love the promise of a New Year!!!!

Changes start one meal at a time......................right?

Have a good week you all!

CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:02 PM   #10  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Default Journal

Just wanted to let ya'll know that I did finally start the journal. I put my first post in today. So if anyone is interested it's there.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:02 PM   #11  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone,

For all of you that are on track again and doing great - FABULOUS! to those like me that are still struggling - we'll get there eventually. When I read yesterday's post from Buddly about not understanding why she couldn't get back on track, I was like "me, too". so Buddly, you're not alone. I am trying to do what Tippy is doing by not obsessing - just eating when I'm hungry and not eating lo-cal food. I will never crave lo-fat foods, so I should learn to eat regular food in a reduced way. I don't know if it will work, but I've got to go that direction.

Leenie, enjoy the last two days of your vacation. I am having a really difficult time getting motivated to work (can you tell - I'm surfin here at 3FC). It's really hard to get on track wiht work when you've been gone for a few weeks.

Marble, are you feeling better? How about your Kierie?

Happy Birthday, Snoopy. I hope the quiet day is peaceful and relaxing.

Cathy, good luck digging out from all of the paperwork. I'm in sort of the same boat, but I feel sick and don't want to work. A powerful combination to get further behind. Hope you're doing better than me at your tasks.

CIN, how long would you say that your client's good intentions last usually? In other words, what percent stays with their program much past January? All the news says that 90% drop their resolutions and I find that depressing.

Heather, thank you for donating all of the stuff to the woman's shelter. I bet they really appreciated all of the goods. I once tried doing a garage sale but it was too much work for little gain. Giving to charities was easier and felt way better. That's a good combination.

Welcome Lori, you've found a great thread here. Definitely don't feel alone with the weight loss struggle. It's hard to stay motivated 24/7. I hope the dr. visit went okay. Just an FYI, my sister lost 50 pounds after testing for pre-diabetes and my brother lost 60. Both were put on meds and have been successful. So if you're at that point, there ould be e silver lining.

Liz, enjoy the last days of your tree. I think it's cool that you can keep the Christmas spirit so long. Since it's so commercialized by October, I need it to be over early than you. I think it's cool that you leave it up the full time.

Well, have a great day and I'll chat with you all tomorrow.
Mari
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:58 PM   #12  
prepare for the BEST time

Hi everyone;

thanks marie, I'm feeling soooo much better and can actually lift a wt. over my head. I even look better, life is easier when your pants are loose. (I'm working my way into my 10s)

To those I missed the other day, Happy New Year. I'm in for the long haul, it WILL be a great year, I'm going to make sure!

came across an old famous quote today....."we either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong, the amount of work is the same"....

The big prize goes to the person who knows the author.....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 06:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Hi Again All,

Today has been okay. The walk/jog/etc. down by the river was good. I felt like I got the blood pumping. I was threatened by some geese but I tried to walk a LONG way around them..they are really territorial and made these aggressive sounds at me. I would have *really* been running if they had given chase!

Got some housework done and then took the kids to Walmart to get some fresh fruit and veggies, etc. I even tried some organic apples and oranges this time. They really were not much more than the regular produce. We will see how that goes.

I am going to make a nice fish, (salmon) dinner with rice (mushroom rissoto)and salad for dinner tonight for me and hubby after the kids go down for the night. Maybe fruit or something for dessert..or a piece of that leftover snickers fudge. (It *is* my 25th birthday after all..I have to party down, right?? )

Later all,
Snoopysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:05 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone

Well so far today is feeling better than yesterday. I made it to the store, so I think I just needed to get out into the real world. The sun was shining and it went above freezing. It sure is tough driving with the sun glaring off the road and the slush on the windscreen. But when I'm at home its pretty shining on the snow! I need to clean out my van as well, when I was putting groceries in the back I noticed a bunch of mud on things, yuck. And the bathroom, yeesh, don't go there! Our watersoftener froze for a couple of weeks and now the tub and shower are covered in the yellow from the iron in the water. Scrubbing that stuff off is one job I love to put off.

Marie good luck with the new approach. I like that idea, obsessing just hasen't worked, in fact I'm larger now than ever. I'm blaming some of it on the paxil as I didn't get this high even on my third pregnancy.

Marble I love that quote, will have to keep it in mind, have no idea who would have said it tho.

Happy birthday Snoopy, hope you have a great one.

Welcome Lori, this is a great place.

I'm off take care everyone,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote