Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-14-2005, 08:31 AM   #1  

Default Wed Dec 14th

Hey wake up everyone!

It is cold today...........says -3 Celcius but it feels colder when I put out my 3 lb yorkie this morning.

Everyone at work keeps saying they are ready for xmas.....I feel like such a loser.

Off to work

Be well.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:27 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Hi Liz, I hope your putting a sweater on that little yorkie LOL, thats gotta be so cute. THanks for your cookie recipe, I'm going to give it a try, they sound soooooooo good. Your not a loser for not being ready, gosh who is every REALLY ready????? I always feel like a nut right until the very day. Don't you worry, you'll get there.

Nothing much is new here. I'm working until Friday then I'm off until January 9th WHOOHOO, can't wait.

How's everyone making out with their diet plans and exercise.

I suck on the exercise part but the dieting is coming along (oh but then there's christmas LOL).

Hugs
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:32 AM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

My Auntie has 4 yorkies, and they all have little jumpers on.... they look so cute!

I've been a bit down for a couple of days.... quite snappy... hope this is not my anti-depressant wearing off!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

sounds like some of ya'll must be having that really cold weather that they are showing on the national news! wow! brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Liz - no ideas for dh yet? does he have a hobby he enjoys? my dh is a hunter so there are always lots of ideas for him. Me and my mom went in together and got him a Magellan GPS, and then I got him other things like an insulated jacket, and really nice hunting gloves, shirts, levi jeans, sock & drawers for his stocking, his favorite cologne, pj bottoms, just some things like that. I thought about surprising him and having a cd player put in his truck, but I just don't think I can swing it this year. Let us know what you decide on. I love hearing about what everyone gives and gets.

Hey Leenie - I know you will be soooooooo glad to be off from work wow! you deserve it. I'm doing good on the eating part. Exercise is just a distant memory at the moment, but I'm gearing myself up to get back on track. Does that count

Hey Mazarin - I hope you snap out of that snappiness quickly but honestly, I hope it passes today!

WELCOME IRISHSARAH - it's nice to meet you. Do you have 3 boys? how old is your baby?

Where is the rest of our gang? how is everybody doing?

hope all is well

hugs,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 12-14-2005 at 10:40 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:54 AM   #5  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone,

Liz, must have been hard to put that dog outside then, he sounds adorable though you'll have to post some pictures sometime. I'm definitely not ready for Xmas either. I've gotten the majority of it done (thanks to online shopping) but quite a few things still need to be purchased.

Leenie, 3 weeks off or so sure sounds nice. I'm sure you'll get in your exercise sometime then I know mine is always lagging behind my expectations.

Mazarin, I know the holidays to be a time where a lot of people get down. There's that expectation that it's supposed to make everyone happy, but in reality the stress and responsibilities often have the opposite effect on many.

Cathy, how are you doing? I love your ideas for your dh, they are rather clever. I always feel I'm short on good ideas, but then as Xmas comes closer end up buying everyone way too much!

This weekend is my fiance's and mine anniversary and we're trying to decide how to celebrate. Like Leenie we're somewhat homebodies He's offered to take me to Disneyland (still the Happiest Place on Earth for me) but I'm trying to think of something we both may enjoy. Staying home all weekend and maybe renting some movies sounds good but with a Christmas party for my family and a birthday party for his it's going to be tough to fight off the family and just spend time together. Anyways, everyone take care!
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 01:57 PM   #6  
No more fat mama!

Since my dh loved the series, Jackass, I bought him the boxed set for Christmas and a yellow hoodie. It is so hard cause he told me not to get him anything. Grr...lol I need to get back to working out. Tomorrow will be the first day since Sat.!!!! I have been super busy after I drop the kiddo off and then dh is busy in the evenings so I can't go then. I feel sluggish and can't wait to get back!
bearcatmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:21 PM   #7  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, just a quick note to say hi!!!

Sarah, welcome to the group. This is a great group and you'll be very welcomed here.

Liz, no ideas on the hubby. I did realize that my DH could use a nice pair of driving gloves since it's so cold out, so I'm going to get him that. I also got him a few NASCAR t-shirts. Past that, I don't know.

I've been busy with work, but today was our Christmas party/lunch and the idea of working now seems ridiculous.

Hi to everyone else!!!!!

Well, that's about it so I will talk with you all tomorrow.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote