Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-22-2005, 04:53 PM   #1  

Default any information on Meridia???

I just got a prescription filled for a two week supply of Meridia. At $4.00 a capsule I was wondering if anyone has tried it, and if so what experience you had from it. Did it work? I plan to begin taking it after turkey day with a daily treadmill walk. Thanks in advance for any help/tips/ideas/experiences
oukc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 06:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I took it for about a year. I did lose some weight on it, though the weight loss stopped relatively quickly for me (though I was going through a lot of health problems and stress at the time, including taking prednisone which makes you hungry all of the time).

There were a couple of side effects. Problems sleeping (for the first few weeks), moodiness, but also a sense of almost aggressive invincibility (the drug did begin as an antidepressant), and this is a little embarassing, a dramatic increase in libido.
I felt sort of like wonderwoman on it. When I stopped losing weight, I didn't want to stop the Meridia, and wouldn't have if it weren't for the expense. My husband (then fiance) was relieved though, apparently I was too "amazon" for him while I was on it.

Colleen
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 06:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh, I should mention that because Meridia is a serotonin affecting drugs, side effects are not the same for everybody and even sometimes tend to be the reverse. So some people could have no side effects or reactions opposite mine.

Colleen
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:58 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi,

Do a search on this board and you'll find some info on Meridia.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

I was on it for a short time and all I can say is I did not lose weight, I had the worst stomach aches and gass. But everyone is different.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote