Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-16-2005, 10:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Wednesday Chat ~ 11/16

good morning gang

cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 10:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Can't believe I'm the first one here to start this up today. very unusual.....where is everybody at this morning?

Mazarin - what kind of a new job did you start? you were asking about sleeping all night - you said you have no caffeine after 4 pm - I was wondering what if you cut out all caffeine? We don't have caffeine at our house - my dh has mitral valve prolapse and caffeine makes his heart flutter - I don't figure the rest of us need it either so we decaf everything - decaff coffee, tea, diet coke, etc etc etc. The only time we get any caffeine is if we have something chocolate. Perhaps going decaf on everything would help??? Also - I know when I exercise I sleep better - are you able to exercise at all - even just a 15 minute walk during the day might help you sleep better. Is your job stressful? I mean are you worrying? is that part of the problem with sleeping?

Well gang it is nice and cool here this morning and boy am I glad. I didn't get up early enough to exercise but the cool air makes me perky anyway They said we had at least 30 tornadoes in the area when the cold front came in last night but I didn't see any of them - and I'm really glad about that!

so what's everybody up to today?

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 10:47 AM   #3  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Mornin Cathy, glad to hear the tornadoes avoided you

Mazarin, I was thinking maybe it's something stress related like Cathy suggested. I know if I go to sleep stressed, I can often have odd dreams that wake me up. Try some kind of meditation before bed? I like to sit and close my eyes and think about all the things I'm worried about the next day, and then how I'm going to handle them. Then when I lay down for bed I make sure I only think positive thoughts(at least about the next day ). Anyways, might be worth a try. Could be your internal clock just needs to get in sync as well, this your first week back to work? I know it takes me a couple weeks to get used to a sleeping schedule.

I don't have much planned today. Think I pulled something in my arm, could have been from moving stuff at work yesterday or working out last night. It occurred to me if I hadn't been working out this whole week that I would probably be a lot more sore today from moving stuff yesterday. I've tried to lose these pounds a lot in the past, and I know I'm not the first girl to suddenly have that exercise epiphany. Just hope I can keep it up.
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 03:48 PM   #4  

Hi everyone....I came home from Vancouver a week ago....Claire weighs 12 lbs. now. I was there for 11 days....had a nice visit.
I go back there on Dec. 15 for Claire's baptism....I used my Air Miles....will be there for 3 nights.

Have been busy since I got home with numerous appointments....for me & DH.....he can now drive in the daytime.
I am finally over the bronchitis....it took 2 months....when I was away....had to use my Ventolin 3 times a day....haven't used it since last Thursday....the doctor says my lungs are clear now. He gave me a prescription for a peak flow meter.

It's a beatiful, sunny day today....but yesterday it was snowing most of the day.

Last week I started walking on the treadmill....haven't done that in a while.

Hi Blues & Cathy.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 08:55 PM   #5  
No more fat mama!

I had dinner with a friend tonight. We did a weekly dinner and then things just got crazy for the both of us (remodleing and she just had a baby). But it was great to be in her company again. I had a not so good for me dinner so I am waiting to head to the gym and run for a bit. Tomorrow night I have my 2nd counseling appt. Hope it goes well
bearcatmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:07 AM   #6  

I couldn't find the wednesday thread yesterday and I wasn't motivated enough to start one........so catching up today!

Cathy sounds like things are slowly getting back to normal around those parts.......how are things in your town? What is going on regarding all the aftermath....haven't seen anything on the news for awhile....

How did you sleep Miles.......I am having more trouble sleeping the older I get......esp close to my cycle. I am blessed though to be a good sleeper......our whole family is.

Bearcatmo I love your little snow man.....so adorable.......looks like you are doing great with your weight...hope your counselling appointment goes well.......who is Daniel?

Bye for now....heading to Thursday thread!

LIz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote