Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-18-2005, 06:34 AM   #1  
I CAN DO THIS

Default Tuesday Chat ~ October 18th

Morning Ladies

I'm still trying to wake up and I went to bed at 8:45pm lastnight. I think I'm anemic again... along with being stressed out.....

Have to run and finish getting ready for work and get K. up to go to the sitters... Still trying to figure it all out. J. was up at 5am so he is going to have LONG day at school...
(J. =son(7) K. =daughter(2) S. =hubby)

How is everyone doing today??

Hope Everyone has a good Day

/hugs
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:18 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Hi Stephanie Hon, why don't you go to the doctor if you aren't feeling good. Be sure to take care of yourself... **hugs**

Nothing much is happening here. Boss is out today but I got a ton of work to do. Never fails Its a beautiful fall day but I can not believe we are 1/2 way thru october.

Whats everyone dressing up for, for halloweenie ? lol

My DD will be a fairy riding a unicorn. She's got two costumes (from her uncle) so we'll combine them. I'll post a picture after halloween. I did buy candy already because it was on sale but I put it really high in the cabinets so I can't easily reach them. So far so good LOL !!!

Whats happening w/you all ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:27 AM   #3  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Gm all. I'm slow this morning. Need Coffee!! Well i weighed today. No loss again this week. Just gotta keep trying I guess. I just wish that I could have lost more than 2 lbs. in 3 weeks. Had to have DD at school at 7:30 for a field trip, so now that I'm home, I'm gonna feed the other 2 monsters, get some coffee, and try to get motivated to get some stuff done before my doc appt. DH made me call as soon as they opened to make an appt. cause I've got a low grade fever and stuff. He's such a worry wort! Anyway I hope everyone is good today. I'll check back with ya'll later.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:53 AM   #4  

Leens I am getting my first pair of glasses on Halloween........so that is what I'm gonna be.....an old lady!

Have a good day everyone....I am running really late.

Hugs!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

Believe it or not it was 59 at my house this morning. I wish it would stay that way all day but it warms up quickly around here.

It's absolutely nuts down here with all the repairs and construction and estimates and insurance and paperwork and phone conversations. I'll be honest, I'm overwhelmed by it all. I try to take deep breaths but it doesn't help. ;-) Everything just seems out of sorts - out of sync - and it is - so I guess that's normal to feel that way. I was thinking this morning they ought to rename this town "Blue Tarp" Lake Charles bec almost every building, almost every home has some sort of blue tarp on it and it will probably be like that for many months. Of course, I shouldn't complain - at least most of us have roofs to put tarps on huh.

Liz - I totally relate to feeling like an old lady bec of glasses. Shortly after I turned 40 I needed bifocals. I had been wearing contacts since I was a teenager but they are special made and hard to fit bec of a bad astigmatism in one eye. Once I needed the bifocals it was gonna be almost impossible to put them into the contacts so I just gave up and got glasses with the invisible bifocals in them. They are expensive but I refused to have that line in my glasses like "my grandmother" hehe. I miss my contacts so badly. Actually, I don't like my glasses, but I do like being able to see - so.....

Hey Ashlie - I use to deal with being anemic all the time too. I'm really glad to say that since I started treating my thyroid problem I don't think I've had a problem with the anemia. It can made you feel really tired. I hope you get to feeling better girlie!

Hey Leenie - I think we're skipping halloween ;-) either that or I could dress up as a blue tarp - assuming I could find one. If we had little ones I'd probably make the effort, but I'm really thinking about turning out our lights on that night. Will see what dh wants to do. I can't wait to see a picture of little Gracie as a fairy on a unicorn - how cute!!!!!

Hey Heather - what do you think you've got. Hope the doctor is able to give you something to get you feeling better! take care!

Hey Cin - how many ww meetings today? wish I could go to one of your meetings. That would be so much fun - what's the topic today? I need to hear about weight loss topics ;-)

Hey Tippy - how's the renovations going? how ya doing girlie?

oops sorry - gotta run - too many interruptions & rushes - hope everybody has a great day!

hugs everybody

cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 01:02 PM   #6  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning everyone. Cathy, it's got to be overwhelming. Just keep trudging through it and you'll make it to the other end. Your description gave me a good visualization of your town - blue tarps everywhere. Take care of yourself.

Leens, I think that candy in my house would be dangerous. Good for you keeping it up high and away from your fingers. I love halloween but I've come to the conclusion it's for kids. Since mine are older, we don't do anything. Enjoy it while your DD is young.

Liz, I keep waiting for the day I need reading glasses. When I had lasik surgery, they didn't correct all of the astigmatism and one dr. said that would help postpone when I'd need reading glasses. So for now I'm contact and glasses free. Enjoy dressing up as an old lady since you definitely aren't one.

Heather, I sure hope you feel better. I think it's cool your DH is sensitive enough to want to send you to the dr. Keep trying on the weight loss and eventually the #$@#$ scale will give in. At least you're not gaining and that is great.

Stephanie, have your blood tested. If you're anemic you won't feel better without help. Being tired all the time is a bad thing.

I'm at work and am sitting in front of my light box. I do think it helps in the fall and the winter. It is hard to believe we're halfway through October. Soon it will be holiday season.

I plan to walk after work with my puppies. I was lazy yesterday and apologized to them that they weren't going. I just didn't want to. Motivation is a big issue with me. I did work on my drawing project for class so that was good. Tonight I need to practice a little more before class tomorrow night. I keep hoping I'll miraculously get better.

TTYL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 01:35 PM   #7  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Hello all. I'm back from the doc. I have the flu. Yeahhhhhhhhh .

MMarie- what's a light box? And keep working at the drawing and you will get better!

Cathy- I'll send you some Calgon, to take you away from the madness . Hang in there honey. It'll all be worth the aggrivation when everything gets back to normal.

Liz- you're not an old lady! I've had glassses since I was 22. It doesn't make you old (in fact alot of guys find glasses on a woman sexy!) You're only old when you feel you're old, not before. There's this one lady that lives down the street from my mom, she's 92 and walks 5 miles every morning, gardens in the afternoon, volunteers on the days she doesn't garden and goes out to have a little fun every weekend. Most 20 and 30 year olds I know couldn't keep up with her!

Ashlie- hon, I wish I could help ya feel better! Are you gonna go see the doc?
Let us know how you're doing OK.

Leenie- DD#1 is goind to be a midevil queen, DD#2 is going to be a witch ,and DS we don't know yet. I can't wait to see pics of your DD. That sounds so cute!!

I hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did I'm sorry. I gotta go. I just ate lunch and it's not sitting to well on my tummy so I'm gonna hit the pepto and then the couch. Big hugs to everyone. TTYL
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 02:42 PM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

Leenie – your DD’s costume sounds absolutely adorable! Can’t wait to see pictures. Mines gonna be a witch I’m gonna be an evil angel. I usually wear a black cape and black tank and pants with a black halo. Then I add my rats.. unfortunately I can’t hold my rats anymore because I break out in hives ….

I gotta ladies, I’m late… will reply more later…

Here’s a post I posted in another forum that I would like to share:

To all the ladies who count calories…

I count calories as well. When I first started… ummm back in January 2004… I weighed almost 380lbs. I went on a 1600 calorie diet. I lost the weight… and I felt good about it too… by June 30th (my first mini goal) I got down to 350lbs. I was estatic. But in between January and June, I got sick… and by the time June came around I was getting sick after sick after sick. Doctor told me I may have been cutting back to fast on my caloric intake and may have weakened my immune system and made myself vulnerable to catching a bug. I went off my diet and restarted in January of 2005. I gained back about 12-15 pounds of the original 30 that I had lost. In January, I ate like normal… calculating everything I ate just to see where I was at. I was averaging about 3200-3500 calories a day. By that time I gained a few more pounds. I think I set my weight tracker at 368lbs. I am currently down to 353lbs. But I’ve started differently on my calorie diet. I cut my calories down to about 2500 (they say not to cut them more than 700-800 at a time). That was a little more than suggested, but so far I have not gotten sick. As of I believe last month, I cut my calories down to 2100 daily. So far so good. Almost back to my original 350lbs…. Getting there!!! However with all the stress going on lately… it’s been a lot harder to loose the weight. Not to mention my doctor at the University wanted to put me on something to regulate my cycles better… so the BC isn’t helping, but I kinda hope it will.

I guess after all that rambling, what I wanted to say is… if you are counting calories, please don’t cut to much to fast. You want to lose weight, but be healthy about it too. I also bounce my caloric intake around. I’ll take in 1800 calories one day, and then the next day I’ll take in 2400… as long as over the week it averages out to be about 2100 per day. I think it helps my body from thinking I’m starving it if I bounce around like that. Also this goes for anyone dieting, take a good multi-vitamin. You aren’t taking in the nutrients like you have been without dieting…

Okie ladies… I gotta run… gotta get to work then have class tonight.

Take care everyone!
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:53 PM   #9  

Hi everyone, just checking in. I'm doing pretty well... mind you I haven't weight myself in a while
NeeNoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:59 PM   #10  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Neonoon, I haven't weighed myself in a while either. The longer it goes the harder it is to make myself step on the mean box.

Heather, I hope you feel better. A lightbox is full spectrum light therapy that I use in the fall and winter because the days are shorter. Used for depression/seasonal affect disorder. Truly, I don't know how much it helps, I just like the bright light.

SueMarie, good point on the calories. There is a point that you can cut too many out.

TTYL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:16 PM   #11  
Oooo Silly Me!

Mmarie - thanks... I figured I would jsut share that with you ladies. It was really meant for another group, but I thought it was a good bit of information and I know a few ladies in here count calories as well.

Well ladies... I got a 92% on my midterm for my cultures class. I'm happy with that class was cancelled so I'm at home now an I'm going to get dinner started.

I have two questions for everyone....

1) how do you get that stale air smell out of your house?? It's driving me nuts! I air the house out, clean out my ionic breeze, and yet it still seems to go back to a stale smell after a while. I have pets, but it's not like a pet smell... I dunno how to explain it...

2) My next question is... I was looking at walmarts website because I have been wanting to get a digital scale and body fat analyzer for a while now. i've run into a dilemma. I found a digital scale that goes up to 380lbs for 54 bucks and a separate hand held body fat analyzer for 22 bucks. Then I found another scale that is both digital and body fat analyzer all in one. The dilemma is.... it only weighs up to 350lbs. I currently weigh 355lbs. What would you all do? I'm scare at the rate that I'm going that I'll never get below 350... and I know that's not thinking positive... but at the rate I been going... I just dunno what to think...

Thanks ladies!
Sue...
Old 10-18-2005, 10:01 PM   #12  

Good job on the 92%, SueMarie.

My uncle died in his sleep last night. first the earthquake, now this. Not a good month...today was really bad. I think I failed my bio test, also.
Claire de Ravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:30 PM   #13  
Oooo Silly Me!

claire... *bug hugz* I'm so sorry to hear that! My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family!

Sue...