Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-18-2006, 06:09 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Log - March 18th and 19th

Good Morning Darlings

It feels so good not having to rush this morning aaah.

Whats everyone doing this weekend?

My sister let me know the other day that she can no longer watch my DD so I had to call the daycare in town to see if they could take her. She is registered to go there anyway in June for their summer program and their kindergarten in the fall. They said yes, they could take her earlier PHEEEW! so Monday my DD ventures a new world. Today we are going shoe shopping b/c her size 12 shoes don't fit her size 13 feet LOL and she needs some nice outfits. I don't want her feeling funny when she's with all these new kids and from what I saw when I registered her the kids dress very nice. So thats my saturday

Not sure what I'll be eating today, breakfast is mostlikely turkey bacon and eggs.

Enjoy the day
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 02:02 PM   #2  

I think I am going through my second childhood........party central!

Just back from vegas and last night it was out with one group of friends for cocktails and appitizers and then another group for a hall party! I got to bed at 5 am!!!!!!!!!

Leens I am happy the sitting dilemma was quickly resolved.......our kids are first priority!

I miss you guys!

xxooL
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon gang

I've been cleaning all day .... bec I haven't cleaned in weeks ;-) I'm fixing to hit the showers.

It has been absolutely nuts everywhere I go - work and home - it's just way too busy - but I just keep rolling with the punches.

Leenie - so glad things worked out with the daycare taking Gracie earlier. What kind of shoes did ya'll get?

Liz - how in the world do you stay up til 5 am LOL We use to stay up all night with youth lock ins and stuff but I just can't do it anymore and if I could, well the next day would be a bust ;-) sounds like you are having fun tho :-)

Where is the rest of our gang today and what is everyone up to?

Ok I'm off to the shower and then to grill some pork steaks and add a salad for supper. yum

later gaters & hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

oh tippy - I forgot to tell you that I checked out that website - looks interesting. I will give it another look when I have a few minutes.
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 05:13 PM   #5  

Hi there girl-pals!

Leenie, it's hard to realize that Gracie is getting so big. My, they grow up far too fast! My GD-almost17 is taller than I am and her little brother is closing in on me fast.

Liz, I don't remember the last time I stayed out until 5:00AM! I must try that again!

Cathy, I've been studying that site a lot. I have some questions, but I may register yet. We had a "lock" in at our school/church last year and it darn well almost killed the adults that stayed up all night. The kids looked a bit "p*issy eyed" for theSunday service too.

We went shopping today, after R got finished at school. He is setting up for a big showing of "The Passion Of Christ">the movie on Palm Sunday. We're inviting all the churches around us and it is free to everyone. (Can't charge anyway cause of the copyright!) He has been wanting to do that forever and now that he won't be Chairperson of the Elders, we thought the time is right.

The family life is in a slight mess. DD is getting a divorce as soon as she can afford to move. she doesn't want the homestead. This has been coming for about three years-saw it coming before that. The man and the marriage doesn't make her happy and she is a young, vibrant woman with a lot to offer.
I won't say more for now. They are equally to blame.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:33 PM   #6  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

Hey everybody. I went to the doctor today thinking I had an ear infection. I woke up feeling dizzy and headachey. The doctor said my ears are fine, but because of the jaw pain I've experienced my mom is pretty sure I'm grinding my teeth in my sleep!! I tried squeezing my retainers on today and if I can stand to wear them tonight (they are really tight and hurt my teeth) I'll do so. I hope I don't get TMJ like my mom has.

Other than that, I felt really good tonight about FINALLY getting my butt to the gym!! I took two weeks off because of TOM and going back to school, which really wore me out, so tonight I went down there and did some lifting. It felt really good. Tonight I'm going to see "V for Vendetta" with my friends tonight. It looks like it'll be good! Later everybody
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 07:40 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning, and Happy SONday

Tippy I'm so glad you mentioned that movie. You know I bought it when it came out and still have not seen it. The wrapper is still on it. I am just so afraid to see it knowing that it is so much more real and graphic than the other Jesus movies I have seen. I can't bare to think about Him and how they torchured Him. Yes, the kids are growing fast. Sorry to hear about DD but if it makes her happier than thats what matters...life is to short. My gosh girls, I've been here since what 1998.... that means I've known you all for what 8 years. It was the year my Sister died that I met you all and my weight problems started up again. Glad your enjoying that website.

Liz Vegas sounds like so much fun... did you get to see any entertainment while you were there, like Barry Manallow (sp?).

Cathy ya done cleaning yet? I didn't do anything around the house this weekend so maybe today I'll so some. I have laundry thats for sure.

Lessthan, WTG, I'm glad you got yourself back to the gym. Exercise is the hardest thing for me to start. I might be good for a week and then I'm bad for months. I just hate it and I admire people who do, do it daily. My DD grinds her teeth too. It sounds like here teeth are gonna snap *shivers*
Can you get new retainers? squeezing your teeth into them could create more pain and even damage...be careful.

Well chicklets, DD wants breakfast.... talk to you later and have a wonderful day.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:03 AM   #8  
The High-Carb Rebel

Quote:
Lessthan, WTG, I'm glad you got yourself back to the gym. Exercise is the hardest thing for me to start. I might be good for a week and then I'm bad for months. I just hate it and I admire people who do, do it daily. My DD grinds her teeth too. It sounds like here teeth are gonna snap *shivers*
Can you get new retainers? squeezing your teeth into them could create more pain and even damage...be careful.
Thanks I was going to have new retainers made, but I can't get to the orthodontist for a few weeks now and I really can't afford to have these headaches when I go to New York next week. I wore them all last night and my teeth are lining up a lot better now and my jaw doesn't hurt at all My gums are a little puffy but they'll get over it.

Oh yeah, everyone here should go see "V for Vendetta"!! It was a wonderful movie. It really made you think about the direction our society is taking. It's pretty violent but it isn't senseless and the plot was very deep. It would get three thumbs up from me if I had that many!!

I weighed in this morning, too. I'm down one pound. I'm almost at my short-term goal!! Whoo!! It's really exciting for me. I'm so happy to be back at this weight because I feel much more comfortable with myself. Weight loss while dealing with depression is difficult, but at the same time for me it is rather theraputic because it gives me something to hope for and work towards. It gives me a goal and it gives my life a little more direction.

I hope everyone has a good day!! <3
Old 03-19-2006, 01:26 PM   #9  

I saw Kah circ du soleil........a comedy show called 3 blonde mom's, and the you gotta see..... vegas show girl show. There were also some free things occuring as we moved along to see the different hotels. It was really something to see. How far away are you all from Vegas?
I loved the shopping.......we don't have bath and body, victoria secret, DNKY, Ann Taylor, FAO Schwartz Toy in Canada.......my girlfriend and I spent 2 full days shopping.....
Anyhow I am working evenings this weekend for a bit of extra cash so I must do some laundry and get organized for tomorrow.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:43 PM   #10  
The High-Carb Rebel

Glad you had a good time in Vegas, Liz!! I'm pretty far from there here in Minnesota. My cousin lives there, though, so maybe sometime I'll get to visit him. Isn't Bath and Body Works the best?! I love that store!!

I just got done with an insanely intense workout playing Dance Dance Revolution. Over 500 calories burned. It may have been a little too much, but it felt good nevertheless.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:55 PM   #11  

We went to church because R had to help with distribution of Communion. I couldn't figure out what he and Pastor were grinning about! Well, it seems that when Pastors wife went up to the altar with their 22-month son, he made a grab for the wafer and then tried to get Mom's wine away from her. She had to practically arm wrestle the child. Kids will be kids and we try hard to welcome them in our church! I always chuckle when one gets away from Mom and Dad and takes off up the aisle running!

We went to a brunch sponsered by the Youth Group-pancakes, hash browns and sausage. Good coffee and great company.

If you all could, say a prayer for a friend of mine's mother. She has been diagnosed with lymphoma and she will need her strength.

I have to say that DD is happy with her decision. She does have some challenges now though as she has two dogs and two cats that she might have to part with and that's hurting her a lot.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote