Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-22-2005, 07:43 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Monday Chat, August 22nd

Good Morning

Its a beautiful day in N. NJ. How is everyone this fine morning.

Today is my DD's birthday #4 the old bag lol. She was so excited last night when I said, tomorrow you'll be four. She jumped up and down just like she scored a touch down LOL.

Whats happening in your world?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:32 AM   #2  
prepare for the BEST time

OMG....I remember the age of 4, sigh, (they only get louder as they get older), my DD is going to be 25....(I was a child bride of course)....I see it was a busy weekend on the threads, I'm chuckling about the digital scale (I have 2----the cat weighs himself more than I do)....

I think the fasting thread is dying off so I won't post there, but do remember reading several times that lack of food actually slows your metabolism.....a better course of action is to commit to the lower cal. smaller portion frequent meals and some cardio. & wts. 5-6 days a week.

Where is that ever-shrinking KO? I'm breathless to read her latest wt. loss report....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:42 AM   #3  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Marble and Leenie. Hope you're having a great morning. Leens, wish DD happy B-day from the board. Marble, I've heard the same about fasting. Puts the old body into starvation mode which slows the metabolism. That's the last thing I need.

I have a headache today and wish I could go home. I'm on the final withdrawal of caffeine. I hardly had any yesterday and now just need to make the rest go away. I had a whooping 65 mg of it yesterday. If the headache doesn't quit, I'll cut and Excedrine in half and finish the withdrawal tomorrow.

But for now, I'm at work and not feeling great. I bet at 4:00 I start to feel great.

How's everybody else?
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 11:23 AM   #4  

Hi Mmarie!

You can drag out the caffeine withdrawal another day, (my permission of course has no value whatsoever)! Perhaps a lunchtime Margarita would be of medicinal value?

I feel quite well today, I staved off my "Sunday NIght Work Anxiety" last night and slept well.

It was kind of a poopy saturday---(I once again extended the Olive Branch to my DD, but as usual got no response, I guess that's an improvement over her snatching it out of my hand and slapping me across the face with it).

My re-wiring is complete and my outside framework and lighting fixtures are up, the ceiling is sheet-rocked and I'm waiting for my interior French Doors and new paneled clost doors, have decide on the stain and pick up ceiling fan and wall light sconce...I need a wheelbarrow of $$$!
Old 08-22-2005, 12:38 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Girls
No losses to report this AM Marb I've been a bad bad girl this weekend!
Saturday I worked all morning (take home project) and Saturday night we went on a Partybus (for a friends Bday) to a Phillies game. I will never go to an Event unprepared foodwise again. So when In Rome DH got us a Cheese steak and a water I ate half of mine and passed on the fries. it was goood but I felt craptastic afterwards.
Sunday up early again to finish the project and Go to PA to see Mom and gram and show them my bling bling dress (which was pronounced Stunning)
Gram is now Bedridden which is hard to see but she was happy to see us and loves clothes so the dress was a hit with her ( she was actually the first girl in the town she grew up in the wear a strapless gown)
Today I'm getting back on Track and ploughing through the day. DH and I decided to look for a house/condo so we're wacky with that too. So Buckets going on
Leenie aww I loved 4 its a great age! I hope you and DD have a great Birthday (it's your day too)
Marb on the wheelbarrow when you find someone giving them away LET ME KNOW
as for your daughter I can kneecap her if need be I'm certified. Eventually (i hope) she'll get over herself and realize how important it is to have a mom
Marie Feel better Hon!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 01:02 PM   #6  

Hey Kier, you will need a tractor-trailer of $$ to purchase in your area! (I hyperventilate when I write checks for home improvement). My place is now worth 2.5X what I paid for it.....(NJ is famous for over-priced real estate and car insurance----along with that landmark of Newark). A friend is looking at townhomes in West Orange, who would/could pay almost 350-380? with NO PROPERTY?

Yes, it's amazing what *adult* children try to do when you take them off your payroll. It's the equivilent of "holding my breath until I turn blue in the face"....attitude is everything, her's is probably my fault....I never should have bought her shoes at Nordstrom's......
Old 08-22-2005, 03:10 PM   #7  
CIN

Ho Gals
Happy (yes Happy) Monday to each of you!

First of all Leenie I am sorry about your dear BIL passsing..................I know you all have expected it for a while but it is always hard to let go. Will you be traveling for the funeral?

Hope your little one has a terrific 4 th BD........little ones like everyone's BD! They are so precious!

I had my Grandsons Jake & Josh Friday night and most of Saturday. At 5 & 6 they are quite fun! Josh isnt real sure about school yet............ Most boys arent! Ha!

Our church moved into our brand new building Sunday.It was awesome.We have met in temporary location for months after selling our other building. We could see right away we didnt build one large enough...the first service had 939yesterday.We ran out of parking! ...guess they will pave some of the lawn for next week! We have a lot of acres...so it is possible!
We started in a shopping center 6 years ago!Wow.it was awesome!

I have rested after one meeting and am heading for my 2 others for the day.

Take care!

Looks like rain here....we certainly need it too!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 04:00 PM   #8  

I hope we get some rain, the plants are actually frying in the pots...the humidity has been wicked here...I'm glad to hear that you're back in the swing of things Cin, that is an awesome turnout for church attendance.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:55 PM   #9  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Marb, I love your words of wisdom. A margarita sound perfect. Now that I'm off the AD I can have alcohol again if desired. And I desire at the moment. I took aleve and that took a little of the edge off the headache. Tylenol and advil did nothing. I bet tomorrow I feel much better. I did finally leave work and go home to bed. So this cost me 2 hours sick time. Not a big deal. And remodeling - we're starting that process for DS, GF and baby. What a pain in the butt (and wallet for that matter).

KO, sounds like you did really good at the game. It's the fries and stuff that really add up the calories. I love cheesesteak sand. They are worth the calories. Thanks for the feel better wish. I really love you all. Have fun real estate shopping.

Wow CIN, three meetings in one day. You are doing so wonderfully. I'm really thankful you're recovering so nicely. PS I still love those shakes. If you have more recipes that you're wanting to share, please do. That one was a winner. Sounds like your church is getting really big.

TTYL.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 11:29 PM   #10  

Hi

Been busy! I helped my girlfriend move and clean and clean some more!

Back to work this week........five days! No nights........lucky me eh?

Unbelievable how the controversial posts bring all kinds of people to the thread..........and the views? How does the word get out? Good lord........

Have a good eve everyone.....I will try to get back tomorrow.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 12:38 AM   #11  
would-be librarian

Hello ladies!

I just got finished taking a shower after going to Curves. I'm pooped, but I wanted to post to let everyone know that I'm still around and still plan on participating in this forum

I don't know about my measurements, but I was +0.1 on the scale. I'm trying not to let it get to me since female-things happen this week and my body is probably holding onto water like a sponge!

Leenie: Happy birthday to DD!

I haven't read the fasting thread that you're all talking about, but yes, I've heard the same thing that you said Marble and Marie: fasting makes your body hold on all the harder to the calories and fat that you DO take in. Sometimes it's hard to convince people of that, though.

It's almost Tuesday now (already is Tuesday in many places!) but enjoy whatever is left of your Monday, everyone
little ghostlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 10:18 AM   #12  

I wish Little Ghostlie would join me on the verb....I just got done sweeping out the cobwebs...good going on Curves, how many times a week do you go? I used to belong to my local one, but discontinued my membership last year after my broken elbow, I couldn't use the equipment for over 6 months and it seemed like a waste of $$. The gym in my office complex is only $3.00 a week so I maintain that one, but it is just easier to hold my interest at home in the early AM right now....I SWEAR by that rebounder, I use it almost every day....today I was working out to an old CD by INXS (suicide blondes)

lots of action overnight i read.....the best of intentions are sometimes rebuffed.

Leenie! My best vibes to you, he is in a better place.

Hey CARLA!!!! haven't spoken to you in a while, hope all is well.....