Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-30-2005, 08:43 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Thursday Chat - June 30th

Bye Bye June !!

Good Morning Everyone

Hope you all are having a wonderful day. Can't wait to hear from Cin.

How's everyone today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:45 AM   #2  
prepare for the BEST time

Busy--tired---working my butt off-------I can't wait until this orientation is finisehd.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 11:58 AM   #3  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone, I've been really busy or having the blahs. Nothing much in between. But today I'm turning over a new leaf and will not sleep as much (I've been taking naps in the afternoon and that gives me the blahs in the evening so I don't get much done). I'm going to go swimming this afternoon even if the pool is a little cold it was 80 degress yesterday and I just wasn't hot enough to swim. so I slept instead. Not today. A new leaf and all.

The rest of today and then tomorrow and I'm off of work for 5 weeks. YEAH!!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing great. Welcome to the new ladies. We're glad to have you here.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:09 PM   #4  
Oooo Silly Me!

Amy – WELCOME

I’m sorta in a slump ladies, and I think it’s because of my foot. I’m not loosing any weight and I’m afraid with being non-active like I should be that I’m gonna gain back everything. I decided to go ahead and make that appointment with the doctor at Cal State. I go in next Tuesday at 2:30. I haven’t been able to do much, and I’ve been staying off my feet as much as possible. You have no idea how much that drives me insane. I wanna get back out in the yard and do some work but I can’t I will see what the doctor says. Right now I’m writing you all with my feet on ice.

Today I woke up to breakfast in bed. Kid is off track from school, so she’s been home all week with me. She made me breakfast in bed for my birthday. You wanna know whats cute? She knows I weigh my food to get portions sizes so I can calculate my calories… so she weight the eggs, toast and orange juice she had for me. She’s so cute!!! Love her to death! So far the only thing that has brought down my day is the thought that I’ll be in class for my birthday but only for two hours.

Take care everyone...
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:17 PM   #5  

Thanks for the welcome, it was (and is) much appreciated.

At last, it's a little cooler here today. What a difference.

It's family duties weekend. This aft I'll take my ex-mother-in-law to the train so she can visit her son (not my ex) for the weekend. And tomorrow it's a 3 hour drive to my stepmother's for a couple of days. Together with the heat and the holiday traffic, this will be one mother of a weekend.

I've been feeling more cheerful lately. Maybe it's just the passage of time, maybe it's the decision to get back in shape, maybe it's because it's been 5 weeks since I last worked, maybe it's because I'm weaning myself off Celexa? Whatever the cause, I sure hope it keeps working.

Smiles and good vibes to all.

Carla
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 04:25 PM   #6  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi, everyone. I'm new here. Just stumbled onto the site. I desperately need encouragement! I just adopted a child 3 months ago (newborn...brought her home from hospital) and am staying home until she's older, like I did with my son. About 1 1/2 yrs ago, I'd lost 30 lbs and needed to lose more. Since staying home with my daughter now, I've gained about 10 lbs (ouch! it pains me greatly to say that!!). I'm not nearly as active. She cries when we go somewhere, so we're basically staying home. I sit in front of the computer or tv with my son all day everyday. I still do my household "chores" but I"m just not very active at alllllll! Help...I need encouragement in a bad way. I'm struggling with depression and have even thought to myself, "Is it really worth this? Should I change my mind about the adoption while I still have time?" But I know I could never give her up. I can't stand to even leave her with anyone else!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 05:20 PM   #7  
prepare for the BEST time

Hey LA;

it's early enough to take back control...the baby will grow out of the crying as she grows and gets curious.....it must be hot and sticky where you are, so get out the exercise DVDs or dance with your son, DO SOMETHING everyday for yourself....you can leave the baby for 1/2 hour with someone and walk, swim or whatever activity you enjoy.

make a plan to eat better and just run up and down your stairs 5 times extra every day...post your accomplishments on the Verb....

And welcome to the fold.....take care, TTYS!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 05:54 PM   #8  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Smile new here, well, sort of.

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, too...actually, I've been lurking around for quite a bit, posting here and there, but I decided to start being active in a forum instead of sitting back and watching. Up until about 8 years ago, I was a healthy weight but then they changed my meds (I'm bipolar) and I gained a bunch of weight. It's a real struggle to lose it, isn't it!

Anyway, I lost about 40 lbs a little over a year ago by eating 5 small healthy meals a day...then I decided it was too much work to do and I lost control and gained back 15 lbs. Now, here I am again, with determination to lose the weight. I want to lose about 64 more pounds and I'm giving myself until the end of next June to do it.

Now, I am eating small, healthy meals again...this time, I am really keeping track of everything in my FitDay software. I've made it a game to eat below 1500-2000 cals. I eat between 4-5 meals a day. I used to go to the gym 5 days a week at 5:00am, but gave up when I wasn't seeing weight loss (eating badly will do that to you! ). Now, starting tomorrow, I tell you: I am going to get up at 4:30am and get my chubby little butt to that gym!

Well, I look forward to being a part of this thread and thanks for being around!

Healthy wishes to you,
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 08:06 PM   #9  
Lifelong Journey Member

Welcome Chris and LA, you found the right place for support. Chris, I too am bipolar and gained 30 pounds when I was put on Depakote. I hate(d) that medicine. First the weight gain and then it made me sleepy all of the time. I finally told my dr. that I was quitting it and she put me on a different med. Much better but those 30 pounds don't want to come back off.
Marie
Old 06-30-2005, 10:44 PM   #10  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi Marie,

I was on Depakote for a while and that was my biggest source of weight gain. I hate that med too. Now, I am on lamictal and risperdal. The risperdal has caused me to gain weight, if I can't get a hold on it, I'm going to ask for something else. It's hard enough to lose weight, I don't need medication to make it worse!
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 05:46 PM   #11  
Lifelong Journey Member

Chris, my dr. put me on Abilify. It definitely works and hasn't caused any weight gain. No weight loss though.