Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-18-2005, 08:24 AM   #1  

Default Friday MARCH 18TH

Morning everyone

Off to work......it is cold and snowy today,....

Where has the week gone. Working all weekend too! Gotta pay the bills, trips have lots of added and unexpected costs along the way.

Attending a dinner party on Saturday night as well....so there is some fun in there.

My weight is bizarre since returning. I have lost 5 lbs since last sunday. Don't understand it and certainly haven't been thinking about it.

K have a good one everyone

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:41 AM   #2  
CIN

Good Morning Ladies!
Liz..Wow.wish I would lose 5 pounds without thinking about it.I GUESS you have been busy working it off since returning from vacation!

I worked hard yesterday..........cleaning out attic.........Ya-Hoo.put up 2 tall shelves (assemble yourself kind) Wow.I impressed myself!It is a great storage place but I had everything all over.....now it is better.makes me want 6 more shelves!Ha!

I am going to prepare a really GOOD salad ahead of time for lunch and some SF Jello & Crystal Light..a little prep ahead of time makes me eat so much better! I am going to make one of those salad you make for "company" in other wordsa more than lettuce and tomatoes!

BBL
Have a good one gals!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:53 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies,

Boy its nice to see some newbies and oldies from yesterday's thread (well not OLDies you know what I mean )

Can you believe Easter (my fav. holiday) is 1 week away.....YIKES!! I haven't even made my list of things to do and buy yet, this job is really taking alot of my time and energy these days, but I'm greatful I have one. Guess I should hush.

Whats everyone doing this weekend?

Tomorrow is easter egg hunting in town with the kiddies, sunday is cleaning my floors, FUN!

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:36 AM   #4  
prepare for the BEST time

Good Morning! Sending a full case of Puffs with lotion to Keirie......I can't use those tissues, they make the sides of my nose break out in zits!

my weekend is booked with an extra day at the office (its graduation season, too busy, exams too) and cleaning the homestead, all the running around i haven't been able to get to all week.

we're going out for Easter brunch, but that's OK too, becaus both me and my SIL are tired of cooking for a crowd!

BBL
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 10:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

Liz - did dd get pinched yesterday by the cute boys? CONGRATS on the 5 lbs lost! you go girl!!!!!

Cin - YEA KENTUCKY! your salad sounds good! wish I was up in your neck of the woods - I would drop in for lunch! hehe

Kierie - hope you are feeling better!

Marble - You ARE making great progress - getting back into your old clothes is MAJOR PROGRESS in my book! hope you get a little rest this weekend!

Joanne - I am so glad that your dh's surgery went well! Please keep us posted and take care of yourself too! hugs!

I got up early and did a 30 minute 2.5 mile Walk & Jog dvd

March Miles = 24.5

Well my boss was suppose to be in Honduras for 4 days working on a children's mission home, and I was leaving at 2 this afternoon, but he just called and said that they would not let him fly into Honduras bec his passport expires in May and that it can't expire for 6 months ??? (some kind of extra security alerts) so his passport is no good and they won't let him go. He is on his way back to the office now. oh well I didn't want the office to myself anyway! yea right!

later gaters & hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 10:54 AM   #6  

Hi Gang! Tis me! I have not been able to post on some sites or PM or even email at times for a few weeks now. We went wireless and there are some major bugs to iron out.

We're expecting 6-10" of snow today and Saturday. There are still troubles in he family regarding a marriage. A friend's friend was in a one-car accident overthe weekend and he is in critical condition so I'm asking for prayers and positive thoughts for him.

Well, gotta get back to my woodwork stripping. Am scraping 50 years of old paint and it comes off in the consistancy of never-mind.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 01:01 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies I'm starting to feel better!!!!!
YAY Marble lol I'm so chapped I could probably use the tishies but I have enough clogged pores to choke a horse in the nasal range
Leenie I love easter too I want to make baskets this year if we have time
Cathy that stinks about your boss!
Tippy What are you using for scraping? DO you ahve a heat gun? or goign the chemical route?
Hey Cin Love new shelves!
LIZ OMG 5 you slender lady you!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 01:59 PM   #8  

Morning, everyone.

I could use some help. I've been losing weight just fine till now, but I've started slacking off this week. I'm always really successful with my eating and exercising for the first four or five weeks. Then I get complacent about the weight loss and start finding excuses to be a little less careful about what I eat or how often I work out. Words of encouragement? Swift kick in the rear? Anyone, help!
pegatha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 03:48 PM   #9  
prepare for the BEST time

Put on your swimsuit or shorts (this is one of my most frightening views of my body), then hang the item in full view---I've actually put the hanger on the handle of my fridge, but hey I live alone....... ....sometimes I have to "trick myself into exercising"...i use the 10 minute rule...promise yourself just 10 mins of exercise....then add on "because oh-OH-KAY you've already started so just 5 mins. more, then a 5 minute cool-down is nothing I can do that with one hand tied behind my back....BINGO, you did 20 mins. pat yourself on the back!

and treat yourself NICE afterwards....buy a "treat" (non-food).....I like to scrounge through brick-a-brack stuff at the AJ Wright store (this is the close-out close-out store owned by Marshalls/TJ-Maxx---they have the best *stuff*).

I just came back from the gym, I decided it was a better choice than eating all the food that is all over my building today........

have a nice weekend ladies!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 04:14 PM   #10  
Curvy Vixen

Hello everyone.
I am 50mg of zoloft and xananx as needed, pretty much everyday! I have anxiety and a depression problem for years. I'm married, 41 with two teen daughters. I'm a nurse, but I'm home at the moment between jobs.
Yesterday was my 21year anniversary and we spent a wonderful day together. I feel it brought us to a time when we were closer.
Have a grand day.. and to all of your with snow.. yikes....
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 05:55 PM   #11  
krazy binging insomiac

back to complaining abotu the part time job. 2 weeks ago i told the chef that i can’t work this saturday night because i have plans, what my plans are is irrelevant, he doesn’t need to know. i even asked the other person that does saturday days if she preferred nites or days and she said she’d prefer days but will do nites. well i swear last time i looked at the schedule i was scheduled for 9-5 this saturday and when i went in last nite i was down for 5-close. so i called them this morning and now they’re telling me i have to work it cause they can’t find anyone to cover it. i told him that he needs to find someone cause i gave them plently of notice and its not my fault if they misplaced it.

he’s supposed to call me back around 3:30 and let me knwo if Nathan will cover my shift. if he calls and tells me i have to work i’ll go over his head to the manager or i’ll quit.

$10/hour is not worth this hassle.

oy vay! no wonder my depression is getting out of control again.
nefarious_wytch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:20 PM   #12  
CIN

Nef
Did you read my post the other day about your name.what else ( nice) can we call you?
Please answer cause I dont want to call you n.w.
Thanks
Cin
PS Sorry you got treated like that!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 12:39 AM   #13  
I CAN DO THIS

I'm a late poster tonight :P

I think I drove all over the state of Indiana today. My son went to Mass today (not so overly happy about it) and I got to spend sometime with my dad who I haven't seen in 6 months. For once he didn't aggravated me or make me feel bad, so I guess that is a good thing. So now this week I can stress out waiting for my son to come home and return to being the **** child he is everytime I get him back from a visit to Mass. "Joy" None of that makes sense but it's been a long 6 years raising my son with my father and stepmother in the back ground telling him he doesn't have to listen to me or telling me what to do or I am doing something wrong. They won't dear say anything about my daughter tho. As far as they are concern my son is the important one and my daughter is second best. And it pisses me off to no end.

Other then that. I woke up at 11pm and just had to do a 50 minute workout. Which felt so good. I've been trying to get back into working out but had no motivation at all. I hope I can keep it up. Well it's been about 30 minutes now so I can go back to bed. I just had to do some ranting. I have to get up at 4:30 for work and I'm sitting at the computer. I really need to figure out what's wrong with me.

Night All
/hugs
Stephanie
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 07:11 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Nef-W hang in there, I don't think there is a job out there that doesn't cause any of us grief. I agree, it suckaroonies, but try to smile knowing that "this" job is just a stepping stone to your next job that will be MUCH BETTER!! Keeping that in mind, that you won't be at that place forever can really lightenen the days.

Stephanie, I feel so bad for you. Raising a child alone is hard enough, but when your raising a child and everyone else is sticking their nose in it really bites the big one. My sister is in a similar boat like you. I don't think there are any words I can say to make it better, so I will pray for you and your children. I will especially pray that your parents see what they are doing and the long term damaging effects they are causing. HUGS!!!!

Purple Pansy WELCOME!!! and congratulations on your anniversary

Peg, I do the same thing, when I start to lose, I guess I get cocky and thats when I sabotage myself. I guess once we start feeling physically and emotionally better about ourselves that gives us permission to let loose. The only thing I can say, since I can't kick your rear, is KEEP GOING!!! don't look back, just look ahead. Marble made a good suggestion, get naykid and stand in front of the mirror

Tippy good to see you. ICK on the scraping Your friends are in my prayers. How's R feeling these days?

Kierie, I love making baskets as well. The more junk in them the better LOL. So how are you liking the warmer weather

Cin, can I hire you? I'd love to have some one come in my house and just coordinate it. Every time I try, poof, in one week its a mess I'll make you lunch? LOLOL

Liz 5 lbs!!! WTG GIRL!!! maybe you were just retaining alot of water, but shoot, 5 lbs is 5 lbs no matter how you cut it. Have fun at the dinner tonight.

Marble, keep up the great work!! your really an inspiration to us here. We love hearing about progress. Have a good day at work today.

Cathy chick, whats shakin? you getting ready for Easter? Tomorrow is palm sunday...sheeeeeesh. I just realized that. How did your boss make out yesterday?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote