Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-16-2005, 08:00 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Wednesday March 16

Hi Ladies
I'm only on for a second then back to bed I have acute Bronchitus and am on a cavalcade of meds that are knocking me out including a steroid?
The only bad thing is the steroid makes you moody and hungry and retain water I told DH to wear a flak jacket I'm determined not to binge with it
When I'm sick i ahve to force myself to eat
hopefully I'll bbl!
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:36 AM   #2  
prepare for the BEST time

Cough, Cough, Cough, Hack, sniff......Feel Better!!! watch some TV for me.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 10:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

goodness a gracious Kier - I sure hope you feel better! I'm not sure what a flak jacket is? but I hope dh wears it if you need him to! hehe is that like something to catch all the "flak" you are gonna give him while you feel bad?

Marble - are you coughing and sick too? you gals gotta get well! your fruit tray sounds heavenly! yum!

Cin - I didn't get back here yesterday or I certainly would have posted after your post! didn't bother me one little bit I agree - we can speak life and death with our words. and I know that we all want to encourage each other in any way that we can! how were your meetings yesterday? busy?

LindaT LindaT LindaT - I was soooooooo tickled to see a post from you yesterday! I'm gonna start putting your name on here everyday if that means you will come and post a little message for us. We miss you girlie! And I notice that your weightloss is not 84 lbs - can you believe that! that is so AWESOME! congrats I am so very proud of you and excited about your success! see we need you here... inspiring us! Did you and Cin get to chat last night? gosh I wish I had been home to chat with ya'll - it's been so long - but my best friend from high school was in from Oklahoma and we all went out to eat at our local Catfish Hut and then visited way too late. Maybe I'll catch ya'll next time! hugs!

Lynnie - small workable goals...sounds like a great plan to me! when do you start at Walmart?

Kathy - my son was on risperal for a few days. It made him like a zombie and we immediately took him off of it. I didn't realize you were taking that - I'm sure that was part of you feeling so tired! Did they increase your Armour Thyroid at all or leave it the same? hope you are feeling better each day!

Nef- hope today is a better one!

Pegatha - I'm pretty organized and it can drive some people nuts but I try not to burden people with it Usually if I can't find something it is bec one of my guys has moved it or taken it. What I absolutely love is when I grab a container of something only to find that it is totally empty and that we are out of it! how can I know if the container is still there or no one says they have used the last of it!

ya know, I was just thinking - sometimes people like when I am organized. Yesterday I got a nice call from my boss's CPA just to tell me how much she appreciated how thorough and organized I was. I had dropped off all of his tax stuff, business and personal, and she was very complimentary and thanked me for making her job so easy! I really like to get a call like that!

Well I didn't get up early and exercise this morning bec I was up way to late visiting and having fun.

Hope everyone has a BLESSED day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:28 AM   #4  
Divine Gal

Default Good Morning Ladies

Well this morning I got a call from Walmart. I have my orientation on March 30 from 8 am till 12 pm.I a so excited. They don't take control of the store until April 11th so I maybe starting around that time.I can't wait.

Well I tod yall about the new medicine I have started.Let me tell you though the Geodon;I missed a dose and I had a flashback hit me like a ton of bricks.I called the nurse today and she said that is normal for a missed dose.I had one hit me last night but it wasn't as severe as the other one.But I do understand now why I have been so depressed most of my life.No wonder feel so depressed when things are so repressed in their minds.

Zoloft is working well for me and I am sleeping better.My CPAP is working wonders too!

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 02:33 PM   #5  

Hey gang! Lynnie I am so happy for you.......feeling better and work lined up.

Cathy being organized is nothing to apologize for.....I wish I had more of it!

Ko get well soon!

HI Marble!

I'll be back later.

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 04:01 PM   #6  
prepare for the BEST time

No, Kathy, I'm not sick....those were sympathy coughs for Kier.....(running to get the puffs with lotion)...

Unless being irritated at work counts as sickness?
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 06:07 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyxxx
I'm pretty organized and it can drive some people nuts but I try not to burden people with it
Are you kidding, Cathy? Your family is blessed, blessed, blessed to have an organized mom at the helm! If they don't believe you, just tell 'em I said so.

Tina, hope you're reading this today. I kept thinking about what you said about the shoes. I skipped my workouts Monday & Tuesday to give my foot a rest, and bought a new pair of shoes yesterday afternoon. It's been feeling like I have a bit of swelling around the toes (not tender, just a bit tight in my shoes) so I bought the new shoes a size wider & half a size longer than I normally wear. So far my foot seems to be doing a little better.

After my two-day rest, I'm back to my workouts, and just in time. Exercise is the only thing that keeps my appetite in check.

I found the stuff I needed for some of the paperwork. Now all that's left is the taxes. I'd hoped to finish them tonight, but it looks like I'll be taking DS to one of his activities. I want those taxes done by dinner time tomorrow! Somebody pleeeease hold me accountable Thursday if you think of it.
pegatha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 06:12 PM   #8  
krazy binging insomiac

bloody 'ell.... today is no better. i'm really irritable again and i just about put my fist through the wall dealing with this idiot lawyer. we agreed on me doing something and instead of her making comments on my draft she decided to redo them completely... essentially wasting 3 months of my hard work, not to mention other peoples as well. and she did it arbitrarily without any consultation of the other group members.

i'm starting to wonder if its time to up my dosage... this is not pms...trust me i know when i'm pmsing and this is not it.... perhaps my depression isn't getting any better now... i could be at a lull in the usefulness of my medication.

i'm either pissed off or indifferent... like this guy i met, adam, really nice guy and hot and he keeps trying to hook up with me, and i want to, but that requires effort and that i don't want to do...

has anyone had this happen when for months they've been ok on meds?
nefarious_wytch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 08:32 PM   #9  
I CAN DO THIS

Hello Ladies.

I keep posting and then not posting for weeks at a time :P Things are just really off here and I just gave up on everything and today I finally decided to get out of the hole I crawled into and am going to make an appt with a dr. to see what I can do. I also went off my diet (gained all the weight that I lost back) and have been sick for the last month and I still don't know what's wrong so I have to make an appt. to have an ultra sound done. So things haven't been good here. I'm going to try and restart my diet tomorrow and start exercising again as well and just stop thinking and analyzing everything to. Now that I have internet at my appt. I should be back on the boards to Hope everything is going well with everyone and congratz to all who have lost weight and are maintaining.

/hugs
Stephanie
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 10:39 PM   #10  
CIN

Ashlie
Welcome back and GOOD FOR YOU!
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 12:09 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefarious_wytch
today is no better. i'm really irritable again and i just about put my fist through the wall dealing with this idiot lawyer. we agreed on me doing something and instead of her making comments on my draft she decided to redo them completely... essentially wasting 3 months of my hard work, not to mention other peoples as well. and she did it arbitrarily without any consultation of the other group members.
Don't you just hate it when a boss tries to micromanage every thing you do? Don't you just wish you could tell her to do it herself from now on, if she thinks she's so much better at it? I'm sorry you're having such a rough week. Hope things start working out better for you soon.
pegatha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 12:21 AM   #12  

Getting ready for work........night shift...yikes.......I have lost two lbs since Sunday......probably helping that I am not having 9 drinks a day! (weak but yummy Mexican AI)

Hang in there everyone!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote