Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-14-2005, 10:06 AM   #1  

Default Monday March 14th

Could it be true.........I am starting the thread today? I couldn't see another.

We are off to a great start this morning....except I made coffee without the coffee today ........a beautiful day.......no snow on the ground........everyone anxious to get back at it.

Hope you are all well........I will check back later!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good morning Gang!

Liz - I hope you found some coffee! Personally, I like my coffee with some coffee in it! hehe Glad it's beautiful up there today!

It's beautiful here too - blue skies - 50 degrees and WINDY!

Lot of paperwork to do today - hope to exercise during lunch.

Let's make it a great day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:35 AM   #3  

Congrats on the 14lbs down Cathy! That is so awesome!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 12:14 PM   #4  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Good morning, everyone,

Eliz and Cathy, it is a beautiful day here, too. I plan to have a good day.

I am feeling better already, changing the medication I was using to help sleep (because I have a hard time sleeping on the Effexor---I kind of explained, I think, on Friday's thread)--I hate medication. But I guess it is good if it helps. I hope I keep feeling better.

My daughter and I were in a car accident on Saturday It was scarey. We had to stop because the car in front of us stopped---on the freeway! Something was in the lane of traffic. Then two cars rear-ended us. I am so glad we are o.k. We are both really sore and had to go into the emergency room to get checked out. Our car was totalled. Now we have to buy a new car, which we were not planning to do. I don't know if the insurance company will give us very much for the old car. We are both scared to be in a car right now.

I also weighed myself this weekend and stayed the same. I guess that is o.k. I expected to lose, but maybe my body is adjusting or something. Maybe the car accident shocked it??

I hope everyone has a blessed day.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 01:13 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick fly by

Cathy & Liz have a wonderful day and enjoy your coffee

Kathy, I'm so glad you and your DD are okay.........phewww. I bet your nerves were shot after that. Thank God your okay !! HUGS !!!!

Busy busy busy bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

TTYL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 01:27 PM   #6  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Thanks, Leenie,

Yeah, we are both still kind of shaky. I think it affected me more than I realized.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 03:16 PM   #7  

Just stopping by to say a quick "hi" to everyone. It's another sunny day here in the beautiful Northwest, where we seem to have skipped winter this year. I have a lot to do today, I'm stressed out about finishing some paperwork that's been hanging over my head for weeks now. I know if I can get it all finished by the time I go to bed, I'll feel so much better.

Kathy, I'm so glad you & your DD are all right. And I bet you're right about the weight. Your body probably needs a few days to calm down before it's ready to start letting go of the extra weight again. Boy, I'm sorry this had to happen to you.
pegatha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 08:25 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Hello all *waving*,

Congrats to you Cathy on your 14 lb loss!!! I weigh in on Friday so we shall see how it all goes, unfortunately Aunt Flo came for a visit so I sure hope there is no water gain!!

Oh Kathy so glad you and your daughter are okay. I would be scared too!!

Eliz I don't like coffee but too funny you forgot to put some in your maker! I do like cappucino though. YUM!

Well I just got through writing out all my bills *sigh* that is enough to make one cry, but at least I have a roof over my head and food on my table right? Anywho I hope everyone has a great week!
tkay90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 12:15 PM   #9  
Divine Gal

it looks as though some have had great weight losses and/or stayed the same that is great. I myself went up 5 pounds. I don't know why.Maybe cause my eating stunk this past week.Especially after having a major flashback.
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote