Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-07-2005, 09:46 AM   #1  
prepare for the BEST time

Default Mundane Monday Chat 3/7

Oh I haven't done this in so long, hope it comes out right....

I feel great, but I have that scale-o-phobia.......so I'm doing the pinch my fat test and there is less to grab.....

I did NOT overeat, overdrink, over-indulge all weekend!!!!! I feel so thrilled that I can actually keep my word to myself

BBL lots of work-stuff
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 10:01 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Marble

Nothing much new here, SOSDD. Boss is back, enuf said huh.

Catch you all later
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 10:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

Marbleflys - congrats on doing well over the weekend! you go girl!

Leenie - is the boss back already? RATS! hope you can play on the computer a little this week!

Judomom - it was so good to see a post from you yesterday! how was the gym? what did you do? I know that the stress and "life" can really get in the way sometimes - just take it one day at a time and do what ya can do girlie! talk to us - we're here for ya! hugs!

I got up early and did 2 miles bec I knew I wouldn't get another minute today to even think about it.

Cin, Liz, Tippy, Lynnie, LindaT, Sue Marie, April, Joanne, Kierie, Kathy, Lanee, Christie, Darlin, Minnie, Ericka, Craftymom, myluv4logan, Nefarious, Robin and the rest of our gang - what's everybody doing today?

hugs,
cathy

March Miles = 14
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 10:24 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Marble you rock lady good job!
Hey leenie I'm on the radar today too
Hi Cathy good job on the 2 miles
Today I awakened 17 minutes before my alarm was set to go off grrr
busy at work all day laundry tonight
and day 2 of counting points!
bbl
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 10:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang - the 3rd issue of the new YOUR DIET mag hits stands today. I got the first 2 issues and really liked the mag. I will be running out and looking for this new issue when I get a minute.

"The New YOUR DIET Hits Stands Today!
The new issue of the world's coolest diet mag hits stands today. Issue number 3 of Your Diet has finally arrived. You remember this mag, people. It's from the people who bring us People Magazine. (Ok, we're through saying "people.") This latest issue is packed with recipes, inspiring stories, gorgeous photos, and even has a two page feature on Guilt-Free Snacking written by Hungry Girl herself. Weeeee! Your Diet isn't on a set publishing schedule yet so we're not sure when the next issue will come out. But this new one is out NOW. Don't miss it!"
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 03:00 PM   #6  
CIN

Hi Gals
Yeah for ther GOOD reports! I like reading them! Glad Monday is great so far for most!

Mundane Mondays isnt inspiring...sorry

Nothing practical or ordinary about a fresh start and the PROMISE of a new week gals! Come on......................let's smile!

I drove 30 miles and took two grandaughters to school before my 3 meeting day.daughter stayed the weekend and is under a Dr care.returning Weds...all 4 grands will be here tonight when I return at 8:30 Oh boy! Ha ha gotta love em! Might as well BE HAPPY!!!!!!

Later gators,
well actually kids will be sleeping in this room later.
Tomorrow!!

Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 03:39 PM   #7  

flipping through the thesaurus......(scratching my head...,.. nope can't use that one, moth-eaten?, nope, GOT IT!!!! pretend I said...MYSTICAL Mondays

if we are in for a bang-up, positive week.....it can be TNT Tuesday?

Thanks everybody for the encouragement...the combination of support and Meridia has kept me from the two coconut-cream pies that are snuggled next to the coffee pot area... Food just appears in this office, no one admits to bringing it in.....

I've been exercising at 6AM this week because my work schedule cut let me loose from the office....whatever works........today it was me and Billy Blanks again....I like the fact that he does standing abdominal work, because it I lay on the floor, the dog licks my face....
Old 03-07-2005, 04:10 PM   #8  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Hi, everyone,

Marble, it sounds like you are doing a great job with the eating and everything. Keep it up!

Leenie, if you find out any new info on depression/panic from the new doc, I'd be interested. It sounds like he was a help as far as the weight stuff goes.

Cathy, I got that issue of Your Diet. I like it, too. Good job working out. TODAY I will respond to your p.m. The other day I was just going to read it, but I saw that you went looking for a response. Sorry about that.

Kier, did you just start counting points? You were on the Core plan, right? I am interested to hear how you like the points. It is working pretty well for me. Keep up the good work!

Cin, I hope your daughter is doing o.k. I think it must be great to have grandchildren.

I weighed yesterday, and I lost another 1.5 pounds! I am really encouraged. I am averaging two pounds a week on WW, while taking medication that could cause weight gain. Thank goodness it is finally working for me. It has been such a long haul---and I definitely have a long way to go. But I really try not to think about that. I am finally back to where it says on my signature. I am going to just keep going on WW. I swear if I can finally do it, anyone can.

I see my nurse-practitioner on Thursday. I hope she has some ideas. I am really getting discouraged. I can tell something physical is causing me to feel so down and exhausted. So I don't know if it is side-effects from what I am taking, what I am taking isn't working, or it is something else entirely. I so need to hear about people who have really recovered from depression/anxiety. I KNOW it is possible. Meanwhile, one day at a time. Have a blessed day.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 04:34 PM   #9  

Congrats Kathy!!!! I know the loss perked you up!

My doctor has me do "exercises" in the real world to combat panic/anxiety....For instance I tell her what I'm fearful of....discuss it with her, she tells me some reality, then I go out and practice her theory. For instance, I have this deep-set notion that I can't go to certain places because I may "see" someone that upsets me....(even now, this sounds like I'm a moron for this mindset, but it gives me great anxiety)....Yesterday, I got in my car and went into several of the "forbidden" stores.....and guess what? NOTHING HAPPENED, I just bought items and it was a normal experience. When I returned home, I thought, what the *$%!@*&! was I afraid of? Yeah, and it took me 6 weeks to do this exercise.....

I also get "Sunday Night Anxiety".....where I work myself up about what MIGHT happen at work, how much I have to do, will I forget something. and be embarrassed..... I've learned to recognize what triggers this and use different tactics. It results in less stress and more sleep for me. But if I can't shake it, I take 1/2mg of Ativan.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:17 PM   #10  
Divine Gal

hello ladies.Sorry this is the first time I got a chance to post today.I have been cleaning and cooking dinner. I made cabbage rolls and with the leftover mix I made meatloaf so Dh can make sandwiches for when he goes to school all day.He has never had a cabbage roll so I thought it would be something new to try. I love them and I love making them.Its been years since I had some though.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote