Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-13-2005, 01:42 AM   #1  

Default Thursday, Jan. 13....Chat

Good evening......I am going to start this before I go to bed.....it's been quite cold here today....-28C this morning....DH & I slept in....we were supposed to go to coffee with friends.

My left ear is still feeling full.....have been feeling tired....must be this virus that is hanging on.....but am feeling good.....not sad at all this month....this is a lot different than the last 3 Januaries....because the last 3 winters....especially in the month of January.....was very sad.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:26 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning April I hope your ear gets better
SO i massively Bombed last night 5 pieces of pizza and breadsticks
I'm journaling my emotions to see why i have been so depressed lately i think it's a combo platter of all the craptastic weather the sadness on the news and DH is a biiig snorer so he has been sleeping in the living room the past week and i know i'm feeling the loss of not sleeping next to him so i told him we need a better solution
Today while i was packing up his pizza for lunch i ate the pepperoni off a slice but i stopped myself before i ate the piece so today i'm going to do better
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:23 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies,

Boss is out today

April, feel better!!! January is a tough month to go thru, but we're almost there.

Kierie, most definitly the two things you said is the culprit of your feeling down and over eating. January in NJ sucks, seasonal depression I think, for me that is, is the worst in January/February, they seem to be VERY long dark months. One suggestion is keep your house very well lit up, the brighter the better. And hopefully today with it going to be 60 out will help as well. Sleeping does play a big roll in depression and over eating. The more we lack sleep the more we feel we need to compensate some where else, bet you feel like you have no energy and need to draw it from food. I get exactly the same way. Even to the point of waking up at 2 am and eating...go figure.
Hang on toots !!! these nasty months are almost gone...

Regarding Light Boxes.... I did notice that companies are selling light lamps that are suposed to simulate the sun for about $75.00 !! They also sell light bulbs in the store that are labeled "sun light" so you all might wanna check that out.

Well things here have been hectic... my boss is a no nonsense person and if he caught me playing on the pc I think that would create major problems. So thats why I'm laying low during the week

Other than that, things are going well, can't complain. Been trying to walk and eat right.

How is everyone ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:24 AM   #4  
CIN

Default KO& April

Good Morning
It is good to see two early "posters" with positive thoughts so early in the morning!

Ko.good for you that you stopped yourself today.............you are in control and CAN control what goes in your mouth!

April.I am sorry the ear is still bothering you but so happpppppppy to hear you are finding this Jan.so much better than the pasts!

I was somewhat "draggy"........meaing very tired.unusually tired yesterday..............but feel more like my old self today!

The pink eye is still there but the drops will surely help!

Very windy and cool today.....expecting a huge drop in tempature too! I had the sunroof open in the car yesterday!

Cathy is probably posting at this very moment too! Hi Cathy! You are indeed the QUEEN OF EXERCISE! I am so proud of you girl! So happy you are losing too!

See you all later!

Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:24 AM   #5  

Off to bed............more later!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

nah cin - I'm an hour or two behind you this morning. It is crazy busy here today. I would think that pink eye infection made you feel unusually tired. For sure it didn't help huh.

Nah the Queen of Exercise didn't get it in this morning. I woke with a splitting headache and thought for sure my head would explode but I am glad to report that it is still in tact and has finally eased up. I'm hoping to go walk at noon and will let ya'll know if I do.

April - so sorry about your ear. But glad to hear that you are feeling better mood wise! that's is AWESOME! so glad!

KO - the news has just been awful. so sad and depressing. I can honestly only take a few minutes a day of it, and then I have to turn it off, lift up the needs in prayers a and focus on the good things in life! and don't worry about yesterday's bomb - today is a new day! aren't ya glad! I know I am! always glad for a new day!

Leenie - it is so nice to see a post from you. We miss you! but certainly understand when you can't post at work. I'm so proud of you for walking and eating right! you go girl!

Liz - nitey nite! hope you get some rest.

ok gotta run. later gaters

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:38 AM   #7  

oh cin - I almost forgot...did you see my post from last nite? here it is...

"Cin - how in the world did one of your members get their story in Good Housekeeping?

I picked up the magazine today and just read the article! It's great! and she looks great! how awesome."

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-13-2005, 12:11 PM   #8  
Divine Gal

Default Good Afternoon Ladies

Sorry I didn't post yesterday.I kinda lounged out and watched Tv.Plus I ate really bad yesterday after dh came home with bad news.I used alot of my flexpoints but I am right back on the ball today.I am alittle tired today but I guess I should do something to wake myself up.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 02:57 PM   #9  

Good morning

Well....it is really cold here today.....-35C.....or....-21F degrees.....brrrrr!!!
The 1st thing I did this morning was turn on the gas firelace down the basement....so it will be nice & toasty....when I go down there later this afternoon.

KO....thanks....I am getting sort of tired about my ear being full....feeling full...it's been going on for quite a while.

Leenie....one thing I have done since last June....when I 1st went to the Naturopath last June....he told me to start buying full spectum light bulbs.....so now I have 2 in the bathroom....2 in the living room & 2 in the computer room....also we bought full spectrum florescant tubes for the kitchen....there are 6 there....the light bulbs aren't cheap....$16...Canadian....the Naturopath said they affect the pineal gland in the brain....the light bulbs come from Sweden....the only place I can get them is in the health food store.

Cin....it feels so good to feel good....from Dec. 26 for about a week....I was sad some of the time....I went to the Naturopath.....he asked me if I was afraid that I was going back into a full blown depression....I told him I was.....he said he thought it was probably the holidays....it was.....because I have been fine since I saw him.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:17 PM   #10  
CIN

Cathy
No.I did not see your post last night.sorry.

I urged Donna to enter a WWer magazine contest....they got over 5,000 entries!.she didnt win but Good Housekeeping called the Pr Dept and ask for some success stories. They liked hers and flew her to N York for a Makeup session and photo shoot! She said she was MORE thrilled to be on Good Housekeeping than WWers anyway...I mean.think about it.........Julia Roberts was on in January and now Donna in Feb! Is that awesome or what?

I think she is coming to my meeting this Tues.as a free Lifetime member she only comes once a month now........one of the head "honchos" from Kansas City is supposed to be visiting.....hope she is there when Donna shows up! Last year she visited my meeting...I was really hoping she would pick a different meeting this year............my BOSS PLUS a head honcho ( even tho she is nice) is a bit of pressure!

Later taters
Cin

I was in the grocery today and saw the magazine.................I just stood there and smiled !
Old 01-13-2005, 04:44 PM   #11  

wow cin - what a story! yes that would be awesome to be on the front of Good Housekeeping! and I agree about the boss and head honcho at the meetings - that does sound like pressure to me - but I know you will do AWESOME! let us know how it goes.

ok, I did go to the church gym at noon. I did 20 minutes on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the track, so that I could get in 30 minutes of walking (2 miles) and then 15 minutes on the machines.

Jan Miles = 18

It was a really good workout and I was really sweating, but I was a little uncomfortable at the gym, and wanted to ask if any of ya'll have felt this way. I will post it separately.

cathy
Old 01-13-2005, 04:47 PM   #12  

Default anybody ever felt like this?

Ok, about going to the church gym today. First off, the place was really full today. Guess everybody was going during their lunch hour. There are 20 machines, including 3 treadmills and 2 stationary bikes, and the rest are weight machines. There were about 15 people in the place – and several were men. I don’t think I care for exercising around others, but want to give it a chance since it is something new to me and I may just not like that it is “different” then what I am use to. But I was uncomfortable.

And then two other things bothered me – all the mirrors. I mean first off I don’t look at myself (my body) much in the mirror because I don’t like what I see in the mirror because of my weight. I don’t mean I avoid mirrors – I just don’t look at myself much in the mirror.

Well two walls are see thru glass and two walls are solid mirrors, and when you are sitting on these weight machines with your face forward, you are looking straight in the mirror at yourself. I realize you are suppose to be watching yourself for good form, but I don’t like what I see – I don’t like seeing the fat – I don’t know – I’m just not use to seeing myself like that – I don’t watch myself exercise ya know. So then I tried to just focus on my face – look into my eyes in the mirror – well that just felt funny like I was staring at myself or something. haha. Then I noticed this one lady watching me the whole time. I don’t know if she was watching to see how to use the machines, like maybe it was her first time there, but I sure didn’t look like somebody who had it all figured out. haha I even saw her just sitting and counting as I would do my reps. I mean just ask – I will tell you – I’m either doing 3 sets of 10’s or 2 sets of 15’s. It just felt eerie, like I was being watched and I didn’t want to be watched. haha

Then with all the weight machines, here are all these people holding onto the different handles and I just thought about all the germs, and it bothered me. I couldn’t wait to wash my hands – just wondered what all you could come down with from everybody that is in and out of there.

I guess I could get some of the gloves that you wear whenever you are lifting weights – ya know that would keep my bare hands from touching the handles that everybody else has put their germs on. LOL

My gosh – do I sound weird about this! And I getting old and paranoid and ocd about things?

Anybody else ever feel like this?
Old 01-13-2005, 06:07 PM   #13  
CIN

Default ha hahahahah

Cathy
NO GIRL..you are not weird..........just uncomfortable at the gymn...nothing wrong with that!

I know so many people I would feel like I have to be "showered and cleaned up" before I went...............My preferance has always been to walk or exercise in the privacy of my own home.I can yell or scream or sweat and not worry about anyone seeing it!

Many like the paid membership and will stick with it better but it is not for everyone.......so NO NO NO I repeat NO you are not weird!

That reminds me whatever happened to KempD? I liked her so much and miss her!

Later
Cin

Anyone gonna chat tonight?
Old 01-13-2005, 06:59 PM   #14  

awwwwwww thanks cin!

hey - I'll try to meet you in chat tonight - what time?
Old 01-14-2005, 01:20 AM   #15  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hi Ladies…

I’ve been having some funky things happen when I post. I would post and get that message “thanks for posting” and stuff like that, but then I don’t see my posts. Then I try to repost and it says I posted a duplicate of this message so it will not be posted…

Strange!

Been happening like this for the last two days… I even tried to start a new post. Oh well… things are going through now… just strange hehe…

April – about your being sad… is this because you are back on your medication now? I remember when you were talking about how you were having withdrawals or side effects from going off them. I am glad you are feeling better, you just need to get over that lingering virus *big warm hug*

Kierie – Journaling is the best thing to do… sometimes by writing down every last bit of info, you can pick out some strange habits and even see trends in your behavior… for example, maybe it is the weather and the news that’s getting you down. It’s a good start though… good luck with it!

Leenie – Wise choice with laying low. I used to be able to log on from my old job, now I can’t… well I can, but then all my students would be like… OOOOHHH I’M TELLING Doing well here, eating and walking is a what I’m trying to do to. Instead of driving myself to my classes, I park in a central point of all my classes, and I walk to them. Course I have one class on the east end of campus, my second one is in the middle portion of the campus and then my last class is on the west end. It’s good walking for sure… at least I’m getting something in…

CIN – yes, I know that dragging virus… I think I got it to… its hard to get back to class again I go to work at 8 and then have classes til 8. Uggg… yes definitely know what you mean when you say dragging… but I do get some good walking in hehehe…

Cathy – I know what you mean when you say you felt uncomfortable. I used to have a membership to 24 hour Fitness… first off, there was not one slightly overweight person in that gym, well cept me and my sister… but either way… They had a bunch of men there and they were all gawking over the skinny chicks who wore clothing so tight, even I was hyperventilating… So I started going at odd hours like midnight or 1 am… but that really killed me tho, threw my whole clock off… ick. So I just quit. This was about 2… maybe 3 years ago. I understand what you mean tho…

This week was the start of my classes, so I’m working at 8am and I get home from classes at 8pm. I’m having a hard time staying awake in my classes. I’m so wiped by time I get home that I don’t wanna do anything. I haven’t exercised at all this week… bad bad I know… but I’m down 5lbs. I originally lost 28lbs, but I gained about 12lbs back. At least I haven’t had any gaining… looks like maybe my rollercoaster ride is over…. *crossing fingers*

I’m gonna go ni ni….

Take care everyone!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote