Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-18-2004, 02:11 PM   #1  
slow but steady

Default How I lost 43 pounds

So, I gave birth to my second child November 29th 2003. I was up to 230something with her.

When I started my plan in January I was 207.6. I walked into my first Weight Watcher meeting on Jan. 10 2004. I have not missed a saturday morning meeting since. I have cheated...alot..but I pick myself back up the next day! I loose an average of 1 pound a week. I think the biggest reason I am doing well is because not only was I ready, I came to terms with all the things that made me eat before... I was an emotional eater big time.

I also didn't start to excercise until well into the summer. We had such a horrible summer and with 2 kids it was hard to do anything in the rain or the heat..Then once I started the inches came off. I have lost over 16 total. I walk 2-5 kilometers 4 days a week. Now it has slowed down because of the weather...so I have to kick myself in the butt.

I drink 3 liters of water DAILY! it helps me eat less and fill my empty belly.

I never thought that I would be this weight ever again. I am so happy with myself...and that is what is keeping me going. I worked so hard. If I slip up i have not failed...

It also helps that on Saturday mornings I have NO kids and NO husband with me. lol Just a bunch of adults chatting!!

So, there is my story
♥ΠλΛ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 02:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Well Dee it is a GREAT STORY!
and I really appreciate you sharing it!
I think it inspires us all!

I love weight watchers - it's a great healthy plan!
are you still doing points or have you tried the new core plan?
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 02:42 PM   #3  
slow but steady

I am still on the Flex plan. I don't think i will ever do the core. That will be a personal sabotage I think. If I am restricted, I will fail myself. Maybe if Flex stops working for me and I am in need of a change I will be ready to go to the Core plan. But right now I can't..
♥ΠλΛ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 03:18 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Way to go Dee !!! WELL DONE!!!

Its so wonderful to hear success stories. Slipping doesn't mean failure....you are so right there lady, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Your a great inspiration
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote