Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-08-2004, 03:42 AM   #1  

Default Friday, Oct.8...Chat

Good morning everyone

It is very early here....12:36 A.M.....can't go to sleep.....I am feeling better this week......it's been almost 2 weeks since I started taking the 5-HTP again.....a natural antidepressant.....but I still am having headaches & trouble falling to sleep at night....not as often though.

Am still seeing the naturopath.....but have to decide how many of the supplements I will take that he has prescribed.....it gets expensive after a while.

Our Canadian Thanksgiving is on Monday.....DH & I are going to DS3's & his GF's for dinner on Sunday......that will be nice.

Sue....what program are you doing?.....are you still doing Diet Power?

I should try to go to sleep now.

April

Last edited by april99; 10-08-2004 at 03:50 AM.
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 05:35 AM   #2  
Walking by faith

Wink Good Morning Ladies

I need some

April: When I saw your post, I thought you were a real early bird, THEN I remembered the time difference I'm sorry you're having trouble sleeping-hope your medicine starts working for you.

April, Liz and any other Canadians here: HAPPY THANKGIVING!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 08:28 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

WOW, good morning Ladies

How nice to see you all.

April, gee lady, I'm sorry your going thru such a rough time. It seems like your suffering more than your feeling good. Have you thought about seeking a 2nd opinion from another doctor ? The roller coaster he has you on doesn't sound to good and I'm sorry, I don't mean to come off as being rude, I just am concerned about you. I hope you feel better soon. HUGS!!!

Joanne, your an early bird too. Got anything planned for the day?

Yesterday at work, our computer system went down, the entire plant had no internet/network service from around 12:30 pm until 10 pm last night, so I sat all afternoon playing games on the hard drive of my pc lol. I was lost w/out you all lol and actually my work.

Nothing planned for this weekend, I just want to get in some cluttered corners and clean. I think I'm going to have to go get some more fake pumpkins b/c the 3 that we picked last week, well lets just say the squirrels had a good time w/the seeds, poor Grace, she cried when she saw her pumpkins split open and the rodent having a good ol meal.

Whats everyone doing this weekend ? anything fun?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 02:09 PM   #4  

Hi again

Leenie......I am doing better this last week. I have read on line what other people are doing......trying to get off the Celexa......it can be really horrible.
Health Canada has something on line....they call it discontinuation symptoms.

Coming off the Celexa.....the symptoms can last 6 to 18 months......I won't go back on a regular antidepressant.

When Vioxx was taken off the market.....I read something about.....any drug one takes has the potential to harm.....any antidepressants can have side effects......& they do....they affect some people more than others. My doctor said that I would have undesireable side effects from any regular antidepressants......There are a lot of other drugs that I have undesireale side effects to.......that is why I am trying the natural ones.....they have less side effects.....it takes time to find the right one & the right dose.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 07:10 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

April, sorry that you are having a hard time. I hope it is getting easier. Good luck
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote