Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-27-2004, 08:12 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Monday Chat - Sept 27th

Good Morning,

BBL w/a horror eating story from yesterday

Today I will be a good goil
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 09:09 AM   #2  
CIN

Hi Gals
Just walked.gotta get ready for work.

Leenie..I tell my members....REPENT don"t REPEAT!

Dont "paddle backwards........paddle forwards!"

Have a good one.

Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 09:34 AM   #3  

Morning! Can you hear Ashley Simpson singing behind me....Pieces of ME! Blasting on the CD player.....oh my!

Girls eating their breakfast...I got lots of homework done yesterday....I feel good about that...

We got dd's DDR for Xmas.....and hubby gave it to them on Saturday....in case there was a problem with it...didn't want to wait three months! So now what?

Hope you all have a great day......

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 11:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

busy busy busy here! I think I am a little overwhelmed realizing that next tuesday I will be gone for 8 days! I've got lots to tend to for me to be gone for 8 days! yikes! I will be fine once we actually get on the road.

Liz - what's a DDR? hugs

Cin - good for you walkin! glad you're back! hugs

Leenie - we want to hear all the naughty details! hehe hugs

Homebound - hope you are well in Florida this morning! wow ya'll have had such a bad time with these storms! yikes!

hugs to everyone *she says running out of here*

cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 11:49 AM   #5  
Walking by faith

Smile Good morning ladies!

Another wonderful weather weekend!

We were really blessed up here. Jeanne wreaked havoc around the central-east coast of FL, but didn't really have much effect on NE Florida or SE Georgia It was nerve wracking waiting to see which track she'd take; plus getting tornado warnings every 15 minutes or so for a couple of hours . All we got was rain and wind. It's still a little windy out there, but Frances pretty much cleared out all the old branches, so we don't have much yard debris

My eating has been good. I'm starting to keep a food diary, and I want to take my measurements (since I can't really weigh myself with this ankle) to see how I'm doing.

Leenie: Listen to CIN's advice! Just start fresh today

Liz: I've heard that DDR is a good aerobic exercise tool Good for you getting your homework done!

Cathy: Don't worry-just look forward to having a wonderful time-we'll miss you!

CIN: Glad you're back-hope you had a great trip

Have a wonderful day
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 11:57 AM   #6  

Cathy I think it stands for dance dance revolution.......you have to hit the arrows with your feet as they come up on the screen...I average about 90 boo's a song!

I am off to get a hair cut and the oil changed!

Have a great day everyone.......Joanne you hang on to something there!

Eliz

HI Leens, Cathy and Cin!!!!!
Old 09-27-2004, 12:02 PM   #7  

Hello all.

Cathy - DDR is a dancing game (a lot of fun if no one is watching ).

I started South Beach this morning. Has anyone else tried it?

Leenie - I am getting my Masters in Arts and Teaching (I got an undergraduate degree in biology and didn't know what I wanted to do). The M.A.T. degree allows me to get certified while getting my masters.

Well, I am a tired girl (I got up before 5 for the first time in at least 4 years) so I will talk to everyone later.
tmk620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 03:41 PM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hey Ladies!

I’m embarrassed, I posted into the wrong forum LOL! I saw weekend chat but I clicked on Lynnie’s Birthday Thread… I feel so embarrassed! This is what I posted yesterday…
_____

I just want all you ladies to know... today I thought about you. I did some reflecting on my life in the past year. LOL only because I started class on Thursday and I feel the stress building up already LOL.

I listed all the good things in my life to keep myself happy and to keep from falling into a stress slump. You guys were on my list. All the warm and wonderfully supportive friends I have met here have really kept me on some high points.

As I've mentioned before... my depression gets really bad... but for the past year I don't think I have had any spells that have really hit rock bottom. I've had my ups and downs, but I've really been able to control a lot of my negative thoughts. Of the negative thoughts are still there, but I am honestly shocked at the fact that I haven't had a major depression spell in a long time.

I was sharing these thoughts with a friend when I told her about this group.

I just wanted to come in and share one of my happy thoughts for the day!
_____

Liz – Let me know how DD likes the DDR game Mines addicted to it. If she’s not playing it at home, she’s playing it at the bowling alley before and after league heheheh! Speaking of hair cuts…. WHEW! I cut off almost 10 inches of my hair on Sunday. I really miss it! But my head feels so much lighter… I think I lost 10lbs too LOL! No Just kidding!

Cathy – Yes DDR stands for Dance Dance Revolution hehehe… it’s a great game for the kids and it even has a work out mode but woosh, even on the beginner mode I’m working up a sweat. You have these dance pads, that have the four corners and the up/down and left/right markers. You watch the screen and you tap the correct marker with the correct matching arrow on the screen. It’s basically like dancing. You have to move your foot in a particular pattern and ta-dah you are dancing to the music on the tv. It’s great… a fun game, got the competition going and you get a work out all at one time. I’ll miss you during your 8 days! Hoping all goes well!

I’ve only started class on Thursday, and I’m already feeling the pressure… GOODNESS! I think my summer vacation was a bad idea. I am really having a hard time finding the motivation to get back into doing homework and writing papers and blah blah blah If I can’t find even an itty bitty amount of motivation, I think I might be in trouble this quarter! I think because I’m taking four classes, I’m working myself up just thinking about all the work that’s going to need to be done. Most of the classes are like Teacher Prep classes where you have to work out lesson plans, do presentations, and we even have to make time to take ourselves on an independent field trip to a school and a museum.

I wanted to share a funny quote I read in an email sent to me by a friend. The person is unknown, but the quote is:

“Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies – Unknown”

I found it funny at first, then I started thinking about myself and what I’ve done to keep my so called “skinny woman” from doing.

Just another something I’d like to share.

I’m going to try to figure out my webpage problem to so I can post the pictures we took last Wednesday.

Take care everyone!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 04:04 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Ladies,

Had a busy weekend. Yesterday I managed to eat 3/4 of a pan of brownies all by myself, not in one sitting but thru the day. OY! TOM came last night and there you go, I had no control. I have Never Ever done that before whats done is done, no more brownies in my house

Today is good

Cin, how was your trip ?? glad your back.

Liz, lots of stocking stuffers, lots and lots

Cathy, where yah going ?

Joanne, glad all is well, weather wise. Diary's help alot of folks. Every time I start one, I never finish. Guess maybe thats why I have a hard time. Good for you!!

Tiffanie, good for you for getting a degree. South Beach is a good plan, you'll do well. Like I tell everyone, pick a plan that you think you can live with for the rest of your life, because its a life change, not a quick fix.

Well I gotta run......zoooooom !!!

TTYT
Old 09-27-2004, 04:05 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Babycakes
Old 09-27-2004, 04:13 PM   #11  
Divine Gal

Default Hello ladies

My weekend was pretty uneventful.I did complete a page in the scrapbook though.
I ate pretty well and cleaned most of the day yesterday.

Hope yall are doing good

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 04:47 PM   #12  
Oooo Silly Me!

YAY! I managed to figure out what was wrong with my webpage ftp site! Basically since I updated to XP my ftp program was to old for it to work properly <G> so I had to go upgrade hehehe... Now I can post pictures I basically got 12 poses, but only ordered 3, no wait, I ordered 4 because my sister and I went half and half on an order. I will post the 4 pictures I ordered and give links for the rest.

The last time my sister and I took pictures together, I was 17 years old LOL 11 years ago! Also, the last time James and I took pictures it was 6 years ago. PLUS we finally got a family picture of the three of us. We took these on Wednesday the 22nd of Sept.

This is me and my sister Jennifer. She's 4 years younger than I.
These are the two poses we ordered and here are the links for the rest of the poses she and I got with out package.

Jennifer and Susan Pose #3 ..... Jennifer and Susan Pose #4

Here is a picture of Brit and I. Her face is purposely blurred out. Here are the links for the remaining 3 poses she and I took.

Susan and Brit Pose #2 ..... Susan and Brit Pose #3 ..... Susan and Brit Pose #4

And finally here are the family pictures we took.

The remaining poses...

JSB Pose #2 ..... JSP Pose #3 ..... JSB Pose #4

YAY!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 05:14 PM   #13  
Divine Gal

Purty Pictures!!!!
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 02:10 AM   #14  

The pictures turned out really nice! Well done.....don't get stressed Sue....don't take on too much....life is too short.......

Lynnie I wish I could see your scrap page.....I miss scrapbooking ssssssooooooo much!

See ya tomorrow!

Eliz
Old 09-28-2004, 09:12 AM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

WOW Babycakes, those are beautiful pictures. Who ever took them did a wonderful job. Your beautiful !!

Lynnie