Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-14-2004, 08:08 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Tuesday Chat, Sept 14th

Good Morning !!!

Time to hit the computer and get some work done..... ohkay, after my coffee

Love you !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 256.5/256/???

Height: 5 ft 4

I'm stuck slaving over a hot keyboard too
clarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 10:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

LOL ya'll are too funny!

how hot is it over there clarrie? I'm in Louisiana and last night at 8 pm it was still 90 degrees and who knows how high the humidity was. It is hot folks!

We are watching Ivan the Terrible to see where it will head. Haven't done a thing to get ready if it heads this way, but doubt we would stay here if it actually was gonna hit Louisiana.

My mother is getting my grandparents bedroom set (which is HUGE). She has not changed her carpet in her house in 26 years so this Friday the carpet people will put in new carpet for her. Then on Saturday we will be spending the day moving everything out of my grandparents house and bringing it to the house that it is going to. Let's see I believe that will be 6 different houses. It is gonna be a long hot back breaking day. Saturday is also opening day of teal season (ducks) here, so my guys will be hunting early, and then we will all meet up at 10 to move all the furniture. So as you see, we have no time for a big bad hurricane. LOL

Leenie - how is work going? are you having to work any overtime yet? this stuff you were talking about will be due by the end of the year? do I have that right?

Ok I should be working rather than playing, so off I go......

hope everybody has a good day!

hugs,
cathy

p.s. here is my thought for the day ...

If you want a quality, act as if you already have it!
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:38 AM   #4  
Walking by faith

Wink Good day ladies!

It's cloudy here today, and they're blaming Ivan (who's about 300 + miles to the southwest of us!). Cath, we've been getting a lot of coverage on this storm (from Jax, FL TV), and it's BIG. Please make some preparations! They say right now it's probably going to hit Mobile, AL; but unless it weakens, the effects will be felt for a couple hundred miles in each direction . We didn't get a direct hit from Frances, but they just managed to restore power to rural areas in the last couple of days. Everyone I know is praying that the storm will just fall apart and die . Stay safe! :grouphug

SueMarie: Is Brit your stepdaughter? (Sorry, I've been away for a while ). I think it was wonderful for you to include her mom-I hope the old bat didn't spoil the party for her. Don't let her or her rude comments get you down. When Brit looks back at this day, she'll remember how hard you worked to make it special for her

Hi Leenie and Clarrie-don't burn up the keyboards!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 12:49 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Cathy, yuppers its due at the end of the year, but they won't approve over time so I WON'T do it, if its not THAT important to them, (which it really is b/c the FDA could site us), then its not that important to me 2 can play. I hate to be like that and I will work my butt off for them, but come on.

Joanne and Cathy, both of you be safe during this storm. Its very scary and nerve racking to med. Please know I am praying for everyone's safety.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:53 PM   #6  
Divine Gal

Hello Ladies.
Well here I am again; starting all over again.I have gained most of my weight back But I am trying not to let it get to me.I go to the doctor tomorrow and I know she is going to yell at me.I plan on talking to her about getting a sleep study done.Dh says my snoring has gotten really bad.
I hear my biological clock ticking.I want a baby and I Know I have to lose a great amount of weight in order to get pregnant.
I need help and Dh is starting over with me again.But like I said before My motivation sucks majorly.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 01:54 PM   #7  
CIN

Hi Girlssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Worked a morning meeting.met a friend for lunch..................gonna take a 30 min nap and prepare for a late night.doing 2 meetings out of town. Then I will have 6 under my belt in 2 days and off until Saturday!

Lost half a pound this week.............for a total of 7 in my 6th week.Hubby has lost 15#s! green with envy! Course he has a lot to lose.I dont! Mean comment.wasnt it?

Later taters
Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 04:23 PM   #8  
Walking by faith

Wink Hi Again

CIN: WTG to you and your DH!

Lynnie: It's good to see you back! As for your gain, don't beat yourself up about it-we've all been there

Leenie: Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

P.S. I think I need to change my stats:
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 05:45 PM   #9  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hi ladies...

Thanks for all the support. And again, sorry for venting, this one was a hard one to hold back. I've had 7 years of this :censor: and at times I wonder... why? Noodles knowes all about it... even she wonders why I haven't openned my mouth yet. Just like many of you have said... she must be pretty unhappy to have to go and belittle other people to make herself feel better... I honestly should have openned my mouth a long time ago. Now Brits at that stage of where she's wanting to find herself, and I really don't want to cause a war... gee doesn't that sounds familiar... that's been my excuse for the past 7 years. But it's the after thought... I was taught to treat the moment with respect and then later I think back on what happened and I wanna pull my hair out and scream "I can't believe I let her say that!"

Oy... but it's done and over with and she is not allowed back into my house. Yeah right... I'll probably cave in again... just need time to smooth out my crinkles. I just believe that kids should have both their parents, and I am in no way trying to take over that spot... I have no right. Which is why I tried to be nice... even with our... ummm "differences".

But it's kewl... I vented (thank you for that) and now it's a new day. Course is it normal to growl whenever you hear someone with the same name? LOL

Cathy - How are things over there? I saw in the news that New Orleans was boarding up their windows. Are you ok?

Joanne - Yes Brit is my stepdaughter... well technically she isn't yet, since James (her father) and I are not married yet. Holding off til I finish school... I hope you are safe during the storm as well! Hopefully it will blow off course...

Lynnie - I am in the same situation as you, except I have other things I need to get done as well. I want to have a baby, but I want to finish school and at least secure a job, and of course I need to lose weight as well... Too bad we aren't closer... we could help motivate each other...

CIN - congrats on the weight loss... I'm green with envy too that he lost 15lbs. I've managed to maintain my weight somewhat... but I gained like 4lbs... I am doing ok for not really dieting in a sense... I need to get back on the ball tho...

Well everyone... It's a new day... and goodness is it hot! Keep your thoughts and prayers going for everyone enduring this horrible season of hurricanes.

Take care!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 09:52 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

HEY LYNNIE !!!!!

Cin on the WL !!! WTG

Sue, you can vent anytime you wish. Thats what we are here for.