Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-17-2004, 09:18 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Friday, Sept 17th Chat

Good Morning,

WBBL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 09:37 AM   #2  
CIN

Default Good Morning!

Good Morning Ladies!
I have been up since the crack of dawn. We awoke to a loud noise.peeped out the windwos.it is storming and raining heavily............so we stayed up and decided to work on our taxes! Yes.we filed an extention and just finished the paper work for the accountant a few minutes ago!

When I walked in the Dining Room.I saw a large picture had fallen right off the wall. It did not break!(Praise God) SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we figured out what woke us up!

Poor daughter had to have entire toe nail removed of big toe...late yesterday.Called me from Dr cause she had 2 of the kids with her.I had the youngest and the other one was with his Dad. I went over and had to drive her home.she lives out of town.then hubby & I had to take her car to her..got home after 9.......ate late at Chili's...always something happening around here

Since it is raining I am going to tackle a file cabinet job and organize all the records.like before we moved 9 months ago! I will not get on computer until this task is done. Hope it is today and not a month from now.

Bye
Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 09:50 AM   #3  

Default "Biess you hear"

Well, we are on day three of no water and most likely will not until Monday. We've settled into a routine that isn't too bad! Roger gets water from across the road for flushing and "good" water for us from at DD's. I heat stock pots of water and wash dishes. DD will do a load or two of laundry for me. We shower there and our cooking is minimal.

Our inside scaredy-cats are having nervous breakdowns and crawling around and into their closet hidey place. Our truck is parked on our front lawn right now since the well driller is all over the driveway. Neighbors stop in and watch the progress. it's a chance to exchange a bit of BS...if I know those men!

Who ever said that life in the country is boring!??

I had to add that a neighbor used the "bless your heart" phrase. She is young-about 22 and her BF was eying this scantly dress young woman in a bar. The underdressed girl said something to my neighbor and she replied,"Well, bless your heart, aren't you the slutiest thang!" The whole bar roared with laughter and the other girl left in a huff!

Last edited by Tippy; 09-17-2004 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Forgot to tell you..
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 10:18 AM   #4  

HI everyone

I am off to kindergarten to be mom helper for a bit and then home for a nap as I work 3 eight hour nights this weekend.

We had a big storm here last night as well...the lightning filled the sky and the rain pelted the windows. No damage that I know of.

It wont' be a very productive weekend and I am gonna feel like crap the best part of the time so I won't expect a whole lot.

I did realize yesterday after my meeting that these nights are the best bet at least for another year while I finish up my degree.....if they don't kill me first.

Hubby is hounding me to do the paper work for my passport so he must have something up his sleeve.........my 40th last March was a disaster so maybe he is going to make up for it with our 15th wedding anni on Oct 14th! It has just been one day at a time in our household for the last year. And some days are a whole lot better than others.

Leens you awake yet? What did your doctor have to say the other day.

Cin you are gonna need a nap after being up so early.

Tip hope those boys do more digging and lessing gossiping!

Lynnie how is your brother in law

Has anyone seen Kemp?

Cathy what ya doing?

Does anyone keep in touch with Linda or Sweet?

K I gotta run......be well everyone and have a great day!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 11:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Well good morning gang! if I have a nervous breakdown will ya'll come visit me or at least send me a lap top so I can chat with ya'll.

Life is crazy isn't it! We have so much going on all the time, it never stops, but tomorrow we are moving furniture from my grandparents home to 4 houses and moving furniture in and out of each place we get to accomodate the new stuff. My guys are hunting in the morning (it is opening day of teal season which dh has been waiting a year for and wanted to do all this last saturday but nobody else did) and my family has been on and off the phone with me all morning telling me what all needs to be done and how we are gonna do it and how we need to get started much much earlier (sorry but if you need my 3 guys to move the stuff we gonna have to start at 10) and it is just craziness! I will just be glad when tomorrow is done and over with!

We have a football game tonight. Youngest son is a drummer in the band and they have a new performance tonight which should be really cool.

Tippy - you're right! it sure don't sound boring in the country at all! I hope ya'll get some water soon! what fun! NOT

Joanne - sorry - I always do that with your and Judomom's name don't I. but no effects here from Ivan except lots of people and traffic. how did you do alone last night?

Jodomom - since I messed up and put Joanne's name on your message yesterday, I will repost it correctly for you now....

"JUDOMOM - so glad that you got such a good report frpm the physio yesterday! WOW! what great compliments! and then 90 minutes at the gym too! wow! YOU GO GIRL!"

Lynnie - yea on the points! you're doing great! and back on track!

Leenie - how's your coffee? I just finished my 2nd cup. you having to work a full day today? yuck. you asked about the weather? well there has not been a cloud in the sky for days. yesterday it was 100 degrees - yes I said 100 degrees and the humidity must be about 200% - it is unbelieveably hot around here. Today it is only suppose to be 99 so whoppie! LOL we need rain really bad, but we sure don't need any storms.

Liz - that's great about your courses. Only 7 more to go! just have to say that I could never do what you do - work, family and school too! wow!

April - yes I love Survivor! thanks for reminding me it started last night, otherwise I would have missed it.

Cin - you and I have both been walking in the dark! are we nuts or what! sounds like ya'll had a good time at Sam's yesterday. Joshua sounds just too cute with his "where does he live?" comment! what a cutie patootie! when your picture fell off the wall, did it slide down the wall messing up the wall too?? I've always been concerned with pictures falling and sliding down the wall and messing up the wall even worse then the picture. and hey! you gotta finish up that filing today and get back in here and play with us! it better not take no month! we would miss you way too much!

SueMarie - I love Rupert too! and I set my vcr so I don't miss the shows like that, so I won't miss them. Our phone rang 5 times during Survivor last night, and our door bell rang twice (we live in the country too haha), so I usually have to tape something if I want to watch it anyway.

Cheryn - what ya doing today?

If ya'll don't mind - and I know this sounds small - but would ya'll please pray that everything goes well tomorrow with so many family members moving furniture and pray that my dh and these guys don't mess up their backs in any way. I really need dh to stay in tip top shape!

gotta run - literally

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 11:46 AM   #6  
Divine Gal

Default Hello

Good Morning Ladies.
I feel alittle better today.Dh got my nose spray and along with the Claritin it seems to be working.I will take pictures of the scrapbook when I am finished and show yall.

BIL is doing better.He has lost 100 lbs in the last 6 months.He is still not eating to well but enough to not make the nursing home staff worry.He still has his feeding tube in also.I thought they removed that but they haven't.He is walking alot more but still needs the walker because he shuffles his feet as he walks.They have put him Zoloft and it seems to be working for him.

BBL
*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 01:45 PM   #7  

Good morning everyone

It is a gloomy day here.....raining & overcast. DH is coming home today......I sure am glad that he is.....so is Charlie....our dog....this morning he spent at least an hour at the gate.....he must have been hoping to see DH come home.

The last few days....parts of them haven't been that great.......feeling sad.....I guess I was just missing DH......I feel okay today.

Tippy.....3 days without water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......that must be really hard.....in the summer we were without water for about 8 hours......I found that hard.

Lynnie.....I have bad allergies also.....hay fever.....I find the antihistamines work for a while.....then they stop working. I just went back to using the nasal spray.....in the last week......Nasonex......I think it works better than the antihistamines.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 01:49 PM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hi Everyone…

CIN – Does working on your taxes help with weight loss? I hear a lot of horror stories about that stuff. *grin* my dad does mine hehehe.

Tippy – Wow you’ve got a lot going on there! I had that phrase going over and over in my head yesterday hehehe, I was just dying for the chance to use it… course since I was at work it would be in a nice way *big cheesy grin* I bet that lady in the bar went home beat red hehehe.

Liz - School is hard work, specially when you are working. Stress can really knock determination and motivation on it’s rear end. I only work 3 hours a day and then between that I am taking 4 classes at Cal State. Full time status is 12 units I’m taking 16 units. I understand the feeling of wanting to get things done. Which is why I took on the extra course. I really….really….really want out of school HEHEHEH. I just wanna finally get my full time job, and then finally be able to settle down, get married, have kids, none of which I feel right doing before I get my schooling done.

Cathy – will you make gumbo if I come visit? One of those days? For me it’s been one of those weeks hehehe but it’s FRIDAY!!! YAY! I don’t get control of the TV much around here. We have two, and usually the kid (Brit) and the big kid (James) is watching them. I swear I think men have this like hmmm fetish with the remote control! I remember one time I was home and I was watching my soaps and James comes home, sits down, and grabs the remote and he has to sit with it in his hands. I’m like umm ok. THEN! During commercials he flips channels. When he watches TV he does the same thing, sheesh he watches two shows at one time! Really annoys me when I watch TV with him, cause I’ll get all into the plot of one show then he’ll flip to the other and I miss the important stuff… grrrr… Kid does it too… eesh!

Lynnie – Yay! That would be great to share your scrap book with us. I’ll share mine too

Hey Ladies… Next month is a special month and I wanted to share a little something with you all. As many know, October is “Breast Cancer Awareness” month. Being in a family where several women on both sides of my family have had survived, and passed on, from breast cancer, when I got this in my email I thought it was something I would like to share with everyone.

The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and M&M’s have come together to present a charity to raise money for Breast Cancer awareness.

Susan G. Komen and M&M's

I thought I would share the webpage with you all so that you could see what it was all about. Knowledge is the key!

Okie I’m off to work now… Catch everyone later… Take care!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 02:24 PM   #9  
CIN

Default Wowwwwwwwwwwwww

Hi Gals
Good seeing everyone post.where is KempD again.?I miss that cutie pie!

I FINALLY finished one large drawer of the file cabinet..............seriously it has been a mess since we moved here 12/31..I finally have all the hanging folders in order with current bils and info filed neatly in order! Whew..what a good feeling........we also have our taxes ready for the account!

Now I might head to Dillard for the big end of the year summer clothes sale.always like to pick up a couple new things at end of the season if possible.

It is dark and cloudy here...still sprinkling a bit...quite cool.high of 70 today! Sorry Cathy! I adore Fall and Winter as strange as it may sound!

Daughter called.....she had a miserable night with the toe thing.......poor thing! In a few days it will feel much better. Her 10 yr old daughter has had this done twice and NOW she feels terrible and has apologized a zillion times to her...NOW that she knows the pain herself! Such is Life .isnt it? If we knew the pain...............physical or emotional..others experience we would be so much kinder to each other!

Later gals!
Cin~
PS Cathy...no amazingly it didnt hurt the wall or picture...just prompted us to get our taxes done!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 02:34 PM   #10  
Walking by faith

Smile Good day ladies

Just getting on the computer now-this a.m. was "errand time". Going to Wal-Mart does have its good side-you get to catch up with people you haven't seen in a while !

Cath: So much for a "weekend off"!

CIN: Hurry up with the records organizing-we'll miss you here

Tippy: You need to treat yourself to a nice, leisurely soak in the tub once your well is done

Liz: A new passport-sounds intriguing!

April: Glad your DH will be home soon.

Lynnie: I'm glad you're feeling better-allergies are the pits

SueMarie: 16 units? And you work and manage your home too-YOU GO GIRL

Leenie: How was your Dr. visit the other day-WE'RE NOSEY !

I got through last night just fine . Tonite DH won't be home 'til about 11:30; but I'll busy myself watching the RED SOX beat up on the YANKEES

I experienced a victory of sorts this morning. Since it was payday, my DH decided to take me out to breakfast at CRACKER BARREL . I couldn't figure out what to order without blowing my eating plan-then I noticed that the menu now has LOW CARB choices! I ended up having the reduced fat egg substitute with turkey sausage and low carb bread ; while my DH enjoyed his big pancake breakfast.

Enjoy your day!

Last edited by Stepping Out; 09-17-2004 at 02:39 PM.
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 02:59 PM   #11  

Sue what will you have when you are all done school?

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 06:39 PM   #12  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hey Ladies!

Joanne – well basically… once school starts, for some odd reason everyone hides from me when I get home. I’m a bear when stress starts to hit. I’ve already given everyone the “School is starting and the stress will be coming on so stay outta my way” oh and I also gave the “Don’t argue with me, you won’t win” lecture to Nah I’m not that bad, but I have my moments <G> As far as housework… James has been really good at taking up my slack. In the Spring I spent every free moment I had in the library, so he had to take up slack with no notice hehehe… Bless his heart! ( *winks* at Tippy)

Oh and I’m a Braves fan myself <G> Nothing beats my baseball… well except Nascar LOL!

Liz – I have a degree in computer graphics, when I got laid off from my job, I went back to school to become a teacher. So I’m working towards teaching computers. Although I really enjoyed my volunteer position at the school for the deaf, so I may turn my attention towards working at a school for the deaf, or at least with deaf children. I currently work at a middle school. Let’s just say I have been scared out of working for a middle school LOL! So it will either be Elementary or I’m skipping right on up to College level

Okie ladies, I gotta go jump in the shower. I have glue and salsa in my hair. Gotta love science experiments!!! That’s the glue part. The salsa part was my own fault <G>

Huggerz…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 07:40 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Girls, I have read all the posts and I will follow up with personals tomorrow morning when I get a chance to relax. I have to put DD to bed right now.

My doctors visit was for my ADHD he switched my meds to adderal (sp?) stuff makes you thursty lol. Doing okay w/it. Might need a stronger dose but much better than Ritalin.

I will talk to you all tomorrow.

Tippy remember, no water...just stick your arse out the window and stop making roger run for water...sheeeeesh ^^^
Old 09-18-2004, 06:00 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Okay now I'm catching up !!

Liz its funny that you turned 40 this year, me too. And your 15th anniversary is coming up, mine too !! Hey we're twins separated at birth I hope you do celebrate your anniv. better than your b/d. My b/d party was suposed to be a surprise... well shoot I was scrubbing my house from top to bottom the night b/4 because they wound up telling me LOL. Hope your feeling better.

Tippy, tell those fat boys to get some water in your house or your sister in Joisey is going to send some of her "boys" to take care of them, you know Vinnie, Guedo, Antony

Joanne, good for you for being OP. How did the breakfast taste. I can only picture lc bread as rubber.

SueMarie, computer graphics COOL!!! So you can make fancy schmancy signatures ??? Like Leenie in Blue with hearts and sparkly things LOLOLO

Cin, lordy, what happened to DD toe that she had to have the nail removed...OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! ICK. You know I have a gazillion junk draws that you are always welcomed to come and clean

Lynnie, good for BIL, 100 lbs WTG !!! do they ever expect him to make a full recovery? poor man went thru ****.

April, does your doctor plan on putting you back on meds for depression? Gee it seem like your withdrawls are finally over. Whats he gonna do now that winter is here?

Cathy, good luck today at the house, I'll be thinking of you.