Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-06-2004, 08:21 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Friday, August 6th - Chick Chat

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Friday

Thank God I only have 1/2 day today. Yahooooie. Still coughing hard but feeling better. Thanks everyone.

Nothing much planned for the weekend, except a party at my friends house, its called a "Leo" party b/c so many of her friends are having b-days right about now lol. Its nice cause it falls on mine.

The weather here is beautiful, 58 degrees this morning, cool and crisp. This weekend is suposed to be extreamly nice. YEAH!!

So if you don't hear from me for the rest of the day.... LOVE YOU !!!!

Leenie

FARAWAYSHORE Tell your baby boy Happy Birthday
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 10:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

that's right - Leenie's birthday is tomorrow - August 7 - woooooooooohoooooooooo - lets see will she be uhmmmmmmm be 29 or is it 39?

Leenie - are you gonna do anything special for your birthday besides going to your friends bd party? I hope you have a wonderful and blessed birthday tomorrow girlie! You deserve a special day because you are soooooooooooo SPECIAL! *smooch*

Hey I just read something that I could relate to. Do ya'll read The Skinny Daily Post listed on the main board? you can find it at http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=109

Today's is called "Lance and Me". I'll copy it here if ya'll don't mind.

"Lance and Me
Lance Armstrong and I have so much in common, too much to dismiss as coincidence. A better explanation is that we’re actually cut of the same genomic cloth. I become more convinced every day. It explains the adoption theory my brothers repeatedly offered when I felt out of place in my family. Yes, I must have been Linda Armstrong’s first-born, a hospital mixup. These things happen.

I arrive at this truth buoyed by intuition, gut wisdom supported by some rather irrefutable evidence. I don’t need medical tests. I have the facts, reported through third-party observations shared through interviews conducted in the News Media that this guy and I are too much the same not to be related. Lance and me. My doppleganger. Peas in a pod.

For instance, we both like Sheryl Crowe and Robin Williams, though probably not for all the same reasons.

We both look fabulous in yellow.

We are both survivors. He has survived cancer, and I have survived some horribly life-shortening meetings along with the various illnesses obesity gave me.

Most importantly, we both take a scientific approach to managing our bodies through diet and exercise: Calories in, calories out.

Observers report he tracks his calorie equation every day, or a team of trainers do it for him. Not only when he’s training for a specific race, but between races too.

Just like me.

Okay, so he is tracking around 10,000 calories per day during his races, to my 1,100 - 1,200. It’s the principal of the thing. It’s the tracking I’m talking about. Relentless.

In an average woman dieter this relentless attention to calories and workouts may be considered “obsessive,” but in a performance athlete it’s called “discipline,” “dedication.” This difference in perception annoys me. Who is to say that what we have to accomplish today is not as important as a bike race? We are performers, you and I. Dedicated, disciplined, relentless.

He exercises every day. I have that exact intention. Like Lance, my body (and yours) becomes the body it needs to be because of the demands I place on it. (A couch sitting body looks nothing like a biking body. A running body does not resemble a sitting body.)

He is never finished. The minute one goal is met, the next is there in front of him. He just keeps going.

Ditto, here. In weight loss parlance we call that goal shifting “maintenance,” but we can take a more exciting view. There are plenty of interesting and worthy fitness goals we can set after reaching a healthy weight. Goals for walking, running, biking, kayaking, goals for comfortably climbing a flight of stairs. Once you get your body back, the more you can ask your body to do. The more you ask, the more it gives you.

Not enough, you say? We all have a little Lance in us, you say? That may be true, but do you look as good in yellow as Lance and I do?

Live strong. I will if you will."

Ya know.....now I don't feel so bad that some people say that I am "obsessed" with my calories because I keep up with it (most of the time) and write everything down in my food journal. Rather than "obsessed" I think I will call myself "disciplined & dedicated" - sure sounds better. hehehehe

I've got lots of paperwork to do. Will check back later.

I hope everyone has a BLESSED day!

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 12:18 PM   #3  

Hi everyone!

Tired......need to pack, clean and be out at folk fest all night friday and all day saturday and sunday....last night was fun but too much beer and a trip to the porta pottie cured me of ever doing that again.

Speaking of having days where you don't feel like chatting......the less you hear from me the less well I am doing on every level.......last year from Nov to April I was in a dark hole and hardly contacted anyone.........I am dreading fall for that very reason.

I got more done in june then I had done in the 10 months before that

My relationships were affected with everyone......feel bad for my kids.....wonder if my marriage will ever get back to the point it was......

I'm rambling.....gotta go tooooooo much to do.

Have a good one!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 12:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Liz.. I hear you. Have you thought about a light box? It's amazing the difference they can make. April has one too (so do I, but I didn't use it regularly last year... I'm pulling it out when school starts early Sept instead of around mid Oct this year). A friend of mine in Alaska got one end of winter last year and couldn't believe how it helped.

something to think about *hug
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 02:12 PM   #5  

Just checking in. Keeping a low profile these days.

DD and Grandkids stopped in to bring me some BD balloons. They're going to be out of town tomorrow.

Am concerned about SIL. He is having memory problems and now becoming very clumsy. He is having accidents at work and around the house. I'm afraid he'll hurt himself or someone else. He has an appointment for a full physical work up this afternoon. What I'm worried about is that he already had one go-around with cancer many years ago......

I'm keeping busy with church paperwork. I received a box of papers from our former President and found out what he has been doing for the past four years----NOTHING! Oy vey! His DW was the secretary for the church and she got angry at our school, so she left everything in a turmoil. What a couple! And, he is studying to become a minister. Am sorry for his first congregation.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEENIE!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 03:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Hey Liz - great big hugs girlie!

Hey Judomom - how are you feeling? how is your back? what are you able to do at the gym?

Hey! You gals need to come live down here with me - lots of sunshine except for when it's raining.

Hey Tippy - my memory my memory my memory - where is it is anyway? Do you and Leenie share the same birthday? tomorrow is your birthday too? I know I have this jotted down somewhere so I won't forget but wonder where I put it? hehe what ya doing for your birthday? are you 29 again too?

Hang in there gang!

cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 06:58 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey Ladies,

Cathy, Tippy and I are twins

Liz, I dread the winter months as well. Have you thought about medications? One thing I'm going to try to strive for again this year b/c it helped me last year was the low carb dieting. Even if no weight is lost, I felt alot better. Its worth a try. Don't worry about it now, just have a good vacation !!

Hi Judomom you feeling better ?

Tippy, hugs and happy birthday to you too !!!!

Talk to you all tomorrow

Lynnie, Cin, Babycakes, Kem Flower and all the girls I have not mentioned, we miss you greatly !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote