Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-15-2004, 08:27 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Smile Weekend Chat, May 15 & 16

Good Morning Everybody,

Watcha got planned for the weekend? Today is possible flea market and food shopping, tomorrow is church and cleaning.

I'm feeling to lazy to get my butt going this morning I think all that driving wiped me out yesterday, I was thinking on my way home yesterday WOW I drove 4 hours today. zzzzzzzzzzzz !!!! lol

April have a nice time at the wedding today !!!!

Cathy enjoy the graduation and dinner, ttyl

Whats up w/you guys?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 08:30 AM   #2  
Rattie Lover

Wink Good Morning!!

Well I had a nice time at the ball game. We went to see the Tucson Sidewinders play. They are the triple A league for the Diamondbacks. I managed to score a frisbee and 4 more tickets for a later game. I'll invite my soul-cousin and his G/F to the next game. We always have a ball.

I did o.k. with the eats. I had a BBQ Beef sandwich and cole slaw & some kettle popcorn & lots of water of course. Then we went to the night swap meet and walked around for 1½ hours. I scored on the vegetables there. Bought 4 cucumbers, 4 tomatoes, 4 onions, 1 head of lettuce, & 2 avocados for $5.25!! The tomatoes would cost me that alone at the grocery store. Plus the veggies at the swappers seem a bit fresher than the grocery store ones. By the time we left, I had sucha bad headache from my eyes that I came home and went straight to bed. They are healing better & faster than expected so they are outgrowing the temporary glasses I have.

So my "trying to get back on the morning schedule" is semi-working. Although I only slept from 11:30 am till 4:30 am. Today my only plans are to clean the rat cages and take the kid to the kid ID fair. Cept all this "Flea Market" talk makes me want to also go out and hit some yard sales!! Only problem is I can't drive. Hubby will have to cart me around...but he isn't very yard sale savvy. Hopefully I can talk him into into some tennis later. If not then I'll just go for a walk and a swim. At least I can walk to the pool. I'm starting to get "flappy" again...can't let that happen!! No No!!

Have a good day/weekend all!!! Drink your water.
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 08:47 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Angel, sounds like you had a good time, hey, if you wanna go yardin, I'll drive yah
Sorry, I'm such a knuckle head but when in August are you coming to NJ? I wanna make sure I keep that time free....lots of b/days to celebrate in August here. I just have to meet you and give you a big hug.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:19 AM   #4  
Rattie Lover

Talking Hi Leens!!

Hey Leens!!

I dont know if I am going in August after all. When I made my NJ plans, I didn't know we were going to Nationals in Iowa. I am still hoping & reallllly wanting to go, but I just can't afford all of these trips. I am already taking a trip this weekend for regionals. The good thing is though I can write off the judging trips and plus my national trip is paid for. I just have to bring spending $$. They pay my flight, room & board for a week. It's the extra-curricular stuff for a week that bites me in the butt. I have free room and board in NJ, but I still need to have the casholina for extra-cirrcular stuff. I know NJ would cost me 3x as much cause I want to go see my aunt in Scranton, my g/f in Binghampton, & to Atlantic City & to NYC. Gotta do the tourist thing ya know..

Plus I am also going to Reno for a bowling tournament, going to Las Vegas on a "girls only" weekend trip, and trying my damnest to squeeze in a Portland trip for my birthday. Portland is another one of those "freebies". I have enough air miles to get a free ticket and then I just stay at the In-Laws & friends houses. My MIL is an awesome cook so I don't eat out much when I'm there. Man...I just realized everything I typed. Phew!!! I usually only take 1 trip every 2 years!! This summer will make up for 5 years of trips.

Anyhow, I will keep you posted. I reallllllllllllly want to get out there...I just have to do some fanagling and see where I can squeeze it in and sell some junk around here to do it. Clear clutter, go to Atlantic City. Sounds good to me!!

PS: Gotta give ya a HUG TOO!! And a bouquet...
Old 05-15-2004, 03:45 PM   #5  
Oooo Silly Me!

Alo to All!

This weekend, I'm looking forward to getting in that pool and doing something in it for some exercise. It's actually REALLY nice out. I was afraid it was gonna be nasty like it was for most of the week, but it's warmed up really nice. We took the kids (Brit and her friend Isis) out for some bowling so they can practice with their new balls and do well during league bowl. We all had a great time. We did about 3 hours of bowling. Even got to stay through part of the cosmic bowling. I got the brakes on my car changed... ugg had to replace my front rotors but everything is good now. I'm looking forward to doing something other than homework this weekend. I have to study for an exam in my Math Analysis class and I've got a paper due in two weeks. So I'm gonna take it slow. Study on Sunday night maybe some on Monday, and do a little work on my paper. I gotta stop procrasitnating on those papers Sister and I are thinking about going out to the Ontario Mills Mall to do some window shopping, so that will give me some walking exercise. I still hope to get into the pool tho.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Catch you all later...

Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 05:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Afternoon Gang!

I'm pooped! LOL The wedding was beautiful last night and everything went great! Today we went to the college graduation, which is always wild with traffic and such, and then went out to eat afterwards to celebrate my neice graduating with a 2 year degree! It was fun but boy has it been busy.

On the way home we stopped at Walmart and dh bought we 2 big ole plants to put in my big white planters on either side of my front door. I need to get outside and put them in their pots. I know they will look so pretty.

Right now I am working on clothes - they pile up so fast - and then I need to bake some cookies for tomorrow. We recognize all our graduating students tomorrow in our 11:00 service, then tomorrow night they have a special slide show set to music which always makes me cry like a baby, and then a cake and punch fellowship with all their memory booths set up for everyone to see- it is really nice! I just needed about 2 more things to do this weekend ya know! LOL

I sure could use a nap, but maybe I'll just get to bed early tonight - yea right!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 02:16 AM   #7  
Oooo Silly Me!

Cathyxxx - Glad to hear that everything went welll...

I had a good day, car is all fixed up and so I thanked my father by cooking a great big healthy meal for him. Chicken, pasta and dice stewed tomatoes for sauce with some dry marsala wine in the sauce. Yum... I got home late, so I didn't get to jump in the pool. However, I did ask James to go for a walk with me since I didn't want to go alone at this hour. He actually said ok! I was stunned. We walked around the block and then up the street and back down. We were gone for 20 minutes (give or take a minute or two). We were talking about McDonalds and their new Adult Happy Meals. Has anyone seen these yet? I see the ads but I haven't seen them in my McDonalds yet... strange. They supposedly give you a pedometer with the meal. I thought that it was a great idea. This way I can walk and get a rough estimate or how far I have been walking. But I have figured out that if I go around my block and then up the street to the corner and back to the house it's approx 20 minutes depending on how fast you walk. I tried to walk a more than average speed from what I regular walk at. So I'm happy. I'm hoping to be able to do this aagin tommorrow. Course at 10:30 at night I carry my pepper spray. We have seen a few stray dogs in the neighborhood at night. Maybe tommorrow morning we can jump into the pool. See how things go. Hopefully I burned off some of that pasta I had tonight hehehehe...

Is there an equation that gives you some idea of how many calories you burn when exercising? Like say, since I walked 20 minutes today, did I burn like 100 or some odd calories? Would be interesting to know if there is.

Hope eveyrone is doing well...

Sue...
Old 05-16-2004, 08:08 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning

Just a quickie, I'm getting ready for church.

SueMarie, I think if you do a search for Calorie Burner theres a bunch of sites that would let you know how many calories you burn/activity.

sorry can't chat..........gotta run.................zooooooooooom !!!
Love yah's.

Leenie
Old 05-16-2004, 01:33 PM   #9  
Rattie Lover

Talking Good Morning Girls!!

The sun's out and it's already 86° @ 10:30 am here. Welcome to Arizona.

Wow. I actually slept 8 hours through the night!! YAY!! Maybe there is hope for the "morning schedule" after all. I think it has alot to do with the fact that I exercised my butt off yesterday. I feel good today too!! I usually wake up really stiff and swollen from "authur-itis" but today...barely none of that at all!! Guess this means I better keep exercising.

I am off and running again today...I've hardly been home in the past 3 days...and here we go again.....wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Fortunately I won't be running as long as yesterday. Hubby gets tired of chauffeuring me around.

Old 05-16-2004, 03:16 PM   #10  
Oooo Silly Me!

Leenie...

Yeah I actually found how to do that on Fitday.com LOL I'm still learning how to get around on that site. it told me for the 20 or so minutes of walking I did I burned 85 calories.

Eeek... I was hoping for a little higher. I've gotta figure out that basal and lifestyle circle thing-a-ma-bobber out as well... hehehehe

Sue...
Old 05-16-2004, 03:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Personally, I find it very discouraging to look up the "calories burned" thing based on the amount of exercise you are doing. I mean you walk and walk and walk and maybe you've burned 150 calories - but you can't look at it that way - you have to figure that your are reviving up your metabolism and burning more calories throughout the day because of that 30 minutes of walking - and also that you're keeping yourself in shape, and staying younger because you're moving, and that you're releasing serontins that your brain needs, etc etc etc.

I mean that if I just focus on the "calories burned" part of what I'm doing that I probably wouldn't think it is worth it, but exercise is so much more then just burning calories.

Just a thought. :-)
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 03:38 PM   #12  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyxxx
Personally, I find it very discouraging to look up the "calories burned" thing based on the amount of exercise you are doing. I mean you walk and walk and walk and maybe you've burned 150 calories - but you can't look at it that way - you have to figure that your are reviving up your metabolism and burning more calories throughout the day because of that 30 minutes of walking - and also that you're keeping yourself in shape, and staying younger because you're moving, and that you're releasing serontins that your brain needs, etc etc etc.

I mean that if I just focus on the "calories burned" part of what I'm doing that I probably wouldn't think it is worth it, but exercise is so much more then just burning calories.

Just a thought. :-)
And a nice thought it is...

"A little bit of exercise can go a long ways body wise."
Old 05-16-2004, 05:34 PM   #13  
Oooo Silly Me!

Yeah I understand what you mean. A post I read by another user peaked my interest when mentioned something to that effect. I think it was she ate more on the weekends but increased the amount that she was exercising to burn off more calories, so I thought there was a formula to figuring things out and had to ask hehehe.

Sue...
Old 05-16-2004, 05:49 PM   #14  
Divine Gal

Default Hey Hi Hello

Hiya Ladies.
Long time no type!!! Sorry I aint been around but between going and visiting BIL in rehab, taking care of a sick bunny, and my hubby sucking up the puter to do work to get more money in the house; there just hasn't been time.You would think with him doing all this work I would exercise... Right? I have been lacking motivation alot lately.I am so tired even on the beautiful sunny days.I am trying to eat better but every time i start the bad stuff calls my name.Like cake and ice cream....

Today we celebrated my Dh's birthday which is tomorrow.He will be 41 years old and he thinks he is old.I told him he's not old just full of DOODOO!Of course we had cake and ice cream for him.BBqed out also.OY VEY!!!
On the 25th of this month will be our 2nd year wedding anniversary.I got him a book and DVD (shrek)...

BIL is in rehab now and they are weening him off the ventilator.He is not trying in physical therapy.One day; he seems as though he cares the next its a different story.I think he gets depressed and just wants to give up.We may have to move soon and he may have to live in an assisted living facility.

I just don't know what's going to happen from one day to the next.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 07:45 PM   #15  

Unhappy hello

hello agian. well dad has been a real b*i#ch latly, HES DRIVING ME NUTS, and moms great, she said she is freezing from the a/c and we have to send her some pants, LOL, i keep trying to keep the house clean, but dad tracks mud right threw, and sits and won't leave that stupid car alone, i mean its nice and all, but UGH!,enough about me and my family, how are you??? i'm on the phone with her right now, "i miss all of em" "they keep you busy day and night, and let you walk in the park" "i will be here for the 30 days", well i gtg, buhbye,
anthony,
Flower_storm is offline   Reply With Quote