Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-11-2004, 08:33 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Cool Tuesday, May 11th

Good Morning

First let me wish Julia (Flower) and Bobbie (April) a safe and happy trip. Can't wait to hear your stories when you get back. We love you !!!!

Today I am taking 1/2 a day off of work to pick up my mom and take her to the local gardner for plants, I need a mental break and besides the boss isn't here

I was off plan yesterday again, so today I'm going to fast and cleans out my system to get a fresh start. Why oh why eh~

We had some serious thunderstorms last night, the house shook and one would almost be certain it would fall down. My dd slept thru it but my 60 lb dog is scared to death of storms, so she had to sit on my pillow, yes w/my head on it and cry and shake like a leaf, this went on for at least an hour, then again a few hours later. Nothing like trying to sleep with a furry vibrating 60 lb hat on your head LOLOL.

How's everyone today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:44 AM   #2  

Oh Leenie, our Goldie is just about as bad. He paces through thunderstorms and would sit on our laps if he could.

Gotta tell you all this....it's so neat! As some of you know,we live in the country and we have a pond that is about an acre. We've kept it wild so that the wildlife could use it freely. We've had ducks and duck babies so many times that it's common place. BUT, yesterday DH took his walk and came back to tell me that we have goslings (baby geese) on the pond! Yup, I knew that we had a couple of Canadian geese hanging around, but now we have babies! I hope that they survive, but I'll be darned if I do the "fly away home thing" for them. Seriously, nature is awesome this time of the year. It sounds like "Wild Kingdom" here with the robins, orioles, sand hill cranes, geese and all the rest of the creatures.

I went to a church meeting last night, getting the nominations for all the boards done. Have to deal with a person who really doesn't like me so, witch that I am, i just pour on the sweetness, light and charm. What's he going to do? I'm sooooo bad!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:35 AM   #3  

Safe flight Bobbie be thinking of you when i step on the plain in the morning.
Everything is ready to go. Believing i don't forget anything
Leave for the airport around 3 am tonight. Think i will end up sleeping on the plain.
Thank you so much for the warm wishes. They mean so much to me. Almost time to run. Think this is about my last chance to Computer
Love you all miss you Thanks for everything. Sorry i missed out on what going on with every one. Talk to you in a month
Flower_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

Leenie - hope you enjoy your afternoon with your mom and thumbing thru plants. shoot anything is better than working huh!

Tippy - your pond sounds wonderful. I would love to fly up there, bring my lawn chair, and sit out with you at the pond and enjoy "Wild Kingdom". My dh has always wanted a pond on our 7 acres but we have never got around to it - kind of expensive to dig it - but maybe someday.

Noodles - how you feeling today? still sick or feeling better? I hope you are much better.

Sue Marie - fitday is a good thing to get addicted to. you go girl.

April - have a safe trip and hope the wedding is wonderful! like Leenie said, pictures would be awesome. and hey? I didn't know there would be a test on tapioca. I don't even know what tapioca is, much less what its made from. lol

Flower - I hope you also have a safe trip. I know you are excited and I hope the Rader Program can give you exactly what you need. I did take a quick glance at the website. looks like they treat all sorts of eating problems. We will miss ya. I hope and pray that it all goes well.

Elle - how ya doing today? did you check out the fitday site? pretty cool huh.

Well this silly phone won't quit ringing so I better run for now.

later gaters
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:47 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Luck Julie !!

Tippy, we have geese problems over here, there are SO many and well you know with so many geese, there's alot of geese poop, I mean ALOT !!!! This morning when I was taking dd to my mom's, there was a mama and her "7" babies, still all yellow crossing the road (a side street, so traffic was none) and right behind them was papa with his neck stretched high and proud and on the look out. DD wants to touch the babies but I keep trying to make her understand that mama and daddy might have a problem w/that lol. She says to me "but MOM!! I'll be gentle" kids lol.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:48 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Cathy yeah anythings better than work............well except the dentist and stuff like that
Old 05-11-2004, 10:36 AM   #7  

Hey

Hanging in there!

yesterday was a bit punishing....only slept two hours after my night shift.....then picked up dd at kindergarten at 1130 with a playdate and it was lunch, bubbles, playtime etc......swimming lessons for both kids after supper and off to soccer......dh took them home and I met a girlfriend for coffee.....it was nice.......but boy did I sleep solid last night......scary!

Have a great day everyone!

Lizx
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 01:35 PM   #8  

Just dropping in to say hello.

Flower....we are driving....a 10 hour drive....not flying.

I have a hair appointment....so will be back later.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 06:09 PM   #9  
Oooo Silly Me!

Afternoon Fellow Chickettes!

April – about OP… thanks for the clarification. How are you doing with the calorie counting bit? I seem to be doing okie. It looks like my calories for the last week have ranged from 2200 to 1300. Looks really good to me! Not to mention I haven’t gotten anywhere near 2200 in the last two days so I’m on a roll About the tapioca… I hope you didn’t eat what you made hehehe… I never knew about tapioca for fish <G>

Tippy – I have some pigeons, want them? Hehehehe. They have this fascination with the pool and my roof…

Leenie – Hope all goes super when spending time with your mother this afternoon About the Tapioca… slimy balls… LOL I’ve had tapioca, never had rice pudding so wasn’t sure LOL, but now I know what to look for <G>

Cathyxxx – It’s a lot better than I had expected. James saw me fiddling with some things on the site and he liked what he saw so he may end up making an account for himself as well. He wants to loose about 25 lbs, so he said it would be interesting to see what his habits look like.

Here’s what I found about Tapioca…

Found at this website http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...define:tapioca

(tap-eee-OH-kuh) - Tapioca in its fresh form is called "Yuca," but Yuca is another name for what is the root of the cassava plant. To confuse things further, this root is also known as "manioc," "mandioca," and in some instance "tapioca". Raw it has a bland and sticky quality and is used in cooking the way you would a potato (it can be boiled, mashed, fried, etc.). Cassava is a bushy plant producing tubers, the starchy underground stem of the plant, that have fed the indigenous people of the Americas for millennia and much of Africa since the 17th century. Cassava ranks sixth among crops in global production. Cassava was introduced to Africa by the Portuguese more than 300 years ago and today is the primary carbohydrate source in sub-Saharan Africa.

*grins* So it's a plant LOL

I had a great day Monday night in bowling. I bowled a 172, 138 and 146. My new highest score and most possibly my new highest game series. And this is with my new ball to...

Sue…

Last edited by SueMarie301; 05-11-2004 at 06:20 PM.
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:10 PM   #10  

Hi again.....have had a real busy day.....getting ready for my trip....just wanted to say hi....while away....will come here when I have time.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 10:21 PM   #11  
one day at a time

Height: 5'2"

hi ya ladies...just dropping in to say hello....i hope u all are doing great...i am happy today...things are going great in life at the moment....im so tired though...so u all take care...and have a great day tomorrow.....
aprillpepper is offline   Reply With Quote