Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-17-2004, 08:22 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat - April 17 & 18

Good Morning

Yesterday was a sucky day, my boss got another job w/in the same company but at a different location and told all 53 of us at the same time, she didn't have the curtesy to tell me in private, I was dumb founded and was crying most of the morning so instead of staying there all day I left at 11:30 and went home. She had to go to another plant after she told us so by the time she got back to us, I was gone. Talk about a shock. God only knows what will take her place The reason I am so upset is I am her right arm, I work right along side of her for years and the other folks don't.

Okay off my soapbox...........sorry.

So anyway, its saturday and I'm going to take gracie to a farm where she can see a few smelly animals and maybe get a donut

watcha all doing today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 08:34 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Noodles, good luck on Monday, please let us know when you are up to snuff, we'll be praying for the doctors as well as you sweetie.

FLOWER !!! I'm so proud of you for walking you go girlie! exericise is my downfall, I have a hard time just thinking about it and thanks for sharing a picture I'm so shy to share a picture of myself Maybe some day I will but for a few seconds ehehehe

Joanne you sound like your on a roll. I'm glad you had a good birthday and I know what you mean about having the house clean and being a good gift, men have no clue lol.

Lynnie, if you suspect sneakyness among the doctors ASK them whats going on, you have every right to know, don't be intimidated by them.

April, that class sounds great, and I can see your point by getting dressed by a certain time and walking, it really makes sense. Tell us more please.

Maybe we should start a thread on Tips on how to help depression, like the getting dressed b/4 9 am.

Cathy watcha up to today ?

Cin how did the condo selling go ???? was that lady cooperative this time ?
Old 04-17-2004, 08:47 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Joanne, I know what you mean about people sabotaging your diet (can't spell it either lol). I really hate that.

My sister, after one year of being on a diet got on the scale yesterday to see how much she lost, and to her SURPRISE she lost 70 lbs, talk about being happy, I always enourage her and praise her for her efforts and hard work, she's got a good 100+ more to lose but she is at the point where she know's she can do it.

Anyway, she was so happy that she called our mom to tell her and the only thing my mom could say is gee I wonder how much I weigh (she doesn't have a scale at home). My sister was kinda down at her response but it was sorta expected since my mom is always trying to ruin our weight loss efforts and never has anything nice to say.

I told my sister that during her journey of WL, she's going to run into more jealous people then anything else. Some will acknowledge her WL and others won't and the only reason they don't is because they are jealous, I know this because I have lost over 150 lbs and when I was at my skinniest (150 lbs) people wouldn't say anything which got me thinking OMG I'm still a big fat person........OY OY OY why do we learn things the hard way ????

Well yesterday when my hubby came home I told my sister to tell him how much she lost and she did, when he heard her say 70 lbs in one year he jumped up and grabed her and huged her so hard, she started crying. So that proved my point, some people will be happy for you and some (like mom) jealous.

BUT the key is not to let anyone get you down or sabotage your efforts. And that could be the hardest thing to do.

I'm sooooooooo proud of my sister

BTW she started out at 380 and is now 310. She was like OMG I'm almost in the twoosies and then said I AM going to get there and be sooooooooo happy I told her yup she was and she has my support.

GOD IS GOOD !!!!!
Old 04-17-2004, 01:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Well well well....I just typed a big ole long message and lost the whole blooming thing! ********sigh********
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 01:08 PM   #5  

I will try again later - either my computer or this site is acting up ????
Old 04-17-2004, 03:46 PM   #6  

ok I'm gonna try this again???

Leenie - I am so sorry about the stuff at work girlie. really I am! I wish I could run up there and give you a great big hug! But we just have to hope and believe that whatever they send you as your next boss has got to be even better (rather then worse) - it is possible ya know! So let's just pray for the best. But I certainly understand how you're feeling.

what smelly animals did ya'll see today? and hey? who got a donut? the animals? you? or gracie? or everybody?

I am so proud of your sister for losing 70 lbs! wow! that's awesome! please give her a great big CONGRATS HUG from me. ok. BTW, how has she lost the 70 lbs? what has she been doing?

Flower - great picture of you on the treadmill. Thanks for sharing it. Do you open the blinds while you are walking so that you can look out? I have to be majorly distracted while I'm on a treadmill - usually by a tv screen. You go girl and keep up the good work!

April - your depression classes sound interesting. Did you set any goals? you will have to tell us more about your classes when you have the time.

Noodles - I'll be praying that everything goes well on Monday. Please tell your dh to let us know how you are doing.

Me? doing today? well the crop dusters were flying low way before 7 this morning so who could sleep. We drank some coffee and visited a while, then I got up and started working on 6 loads of clothes, did a 45 minute walk aerobics tape with handweights, then got cleaned up and painted my toe nails. Boy is my back sore now from trying to stretch to do that.

What's everybody doing today?

hugs,
cathy
Old 04-17-2004, 04:46 PM   #7  

Good afternoon ladies

It is raining here today....we needed it though....I didn't weigh in for 2 weeks.....when the boys were here....ended up buying food that I don't normally have in the house....so I ended up eating it.....I ended up gaining 3 lbs....but I am back with my eating plan today.

Cathy.....I did set 2 goals for this coming week....I really have a problem....when I don't go out in the morning....I will end up being in my nightgown & bathrobe until noon
....so on Tuesday I will get up & be showered & dressed by 9 A.M.
Another goal I made was to walk for 10 minutes at the mall with my friends at 7:40 A.M. on Monday morning....they say that you will probably do it if it is a small goal.
These classes are for 8 weeks in a row on Fridays for 2 hours....they are covered by our medical.

Leenie....hopefully when some one else is in that position....they will be just as good as the one who is leaving your area.

April[/COLOR]

Last edited by april99; 04-17-2004 at 07:39 PM.
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 06:22 PM   #8  
Divine Gal

Hello ladies.

Went to the hospital today to wish BIL a happy 46th Birthday and to see how his operation went.He had the shunt surgery this morning and noone called to tell us.Oh well the dr apologized for it and said it went well.Monday or tuesday they are doing the trach surgery and feeding tube put in his stomach.I hope things go well and he gets better after this.
I bought him a stuffed hamster that has numchucks and is dressed in a karate outfit dancing to Everyone was Kung Fu fighting... *snickers* its so cute.... and we got him 2 balloons; one saying Get Well Soon and Happy Birthday one....

Well I better head off before I cook my puter due to this storm.

Much Love and hugs
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 08:54 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Sunday Morning Ladies

Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood

Lynnie, shunts are a very common (believe it or not) thing for them to do, we found this out years ago when my niece was going to get one, and you know its a good thing because anything to do with the brain is just plain old SCARY!!! Is your BIL aware of whats going on ? does he recognize you all ? poor thing

April, I've always said slow is good and little changes are the way to go. Good luck w/the walking, sounds really good to me. Let us know more when you go to your classes on fridays.

Cathy, we went to a farm yesterday and missy got to go on a pony ride, feed the goats and bunnies, see the peacocks and chickens as well as the donkeys and cows. It was a good time. Today is just playing outside.

You asked about my sister, well she lost her weight eating one or two meals a day, anything she wants BUTTTTTT she watches, she eats healthy salads, and she stays away from breads and pastas, potato's and rices, stuff like that. She watches her carbs but doesn't count (at that weight you don't have to, all you need to do is cut down which is what she did). She also walks as much as possible and she dances. She takes a good vitamin and drinks lots of water. There really is no secret to weight loss, its very simple....... comes down to calories, she's obviously taking in less.

Well I'm gonna finish boiling my eggs and get breakfast, I'm hungry lol.

Talk to you later and have a wonderful Sunday.

HUGS
Old 04-18-2004, 10:49 PM   #10  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello...

We finished up the kid's room this weekend and are finally dragging all her toys back into her room. We went through our bedroom and the's kids bedroom and managed to pull out a lot of clothing, toys, books, and what not. Going to be having a garage sale next weekend so trying to get rid of a lot of stuff. The garage is full of things that we are unable to get our cars in it. We turned it into the "Sorting" facilitiy hehehe. We just got done cleaning out the rat cages and now I'm taking some time to relax befor I start any homework. Tommorrow I get my last TB shot and then hopefully next week I'll start working.

Leenie, tell your sister CONGRATS! I haven't been on the scale lately, and have not been doing much exercise outside of the house chores and re-arranging of things. Never seems like enough time in the day. I've been taking these One-a-Day Women's vitamins and drinking a lot of water (which os course I'm peeing like a race horse now) AND I managed to walk right past the soda and chips aisle at the grocery store. I have to try the Crystal Light that I bought tho... but am getting to it. Thanks for sharing what your sister is doing. I've stopped driving myself around campus and started walking between my classes, which in turn, I have to carry all my books at one time, except between the first class, since I now have a 2 hour break between that and the next class.

Cathyxxx, I've been having the same situation as well. Is it where you are replying or posting a message and then all of a sudden something crashes and your window closes? I'm having that happen to me a lot as well. Wonder what it could be?

April... sometimes I ended in the same way. If I don't get up, I'll end up watching tv in bed or falling asleep on the couch. The last week has been getting better, tho I have been going to bed earlier. Course I'm trying to get back into my morning shifts. I tend to stay up late at night and end up going to bed like around 3-4 a.m. I told myself no more late nights or all nighter's for homework. I've been slowly converting over to the morning shift hehehe.

Lynnie... I've been thinking about you and your BIL... I hadn't seen you posting in that one thread that you started, but I see that you are here in the daily chats. Like Leenie, I am curious as well to know if your BIL is aware of you and your families presence. I bought Brit one of those dancing hamsters... it wiggles and sings to "Ice Ice Baby". They could definately put a smile on anyones face!

Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote