Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-11-2004, 03:42 PM   #1  
Oooo Silly Me!

Default 7 lbs gone...

I am not sure where to post this, but I figured since I first posted in this forum a month ago, that I would follow up in here.

A the beginning of February, I had myself weighed in at 373lbs at the Cal State Health Center. I returned for a check up on Wednesday (I had a respiratory infection) and I now weigh 366lbs. 7lbs gone!!!

It seems so small, but since my bathroom scale doesn't go beyond 300lbs, I haven't been able to tell if anything has been happening much less what I really weigh. I don't know if it has been because I've been eating better or what. However, the last 3 weeks I've been spending every available hour I could in the library workin on a research paper which is to be turned in today. So I haven't been eating like I should. There's been times where I've brought like breakfast bars or crackers and stuff so that I wouldn't have to leave the library to spend time getting food.

I just hope that maybe after finals next week that when I get that whole 9 days of break before spring term, that I don't gain it all back. I hope this is a sign that I've finally gotten my rear in gear.

Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 04:02 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

GOOD GIRL !!!!!!!

HOW WONDERFUL

Hey SueMarie, one pound at a time is wonderful and b/4 you know it will be 20, 30, 40 ,50 gone. Keep it up

I'm glad you posted here.

Big Hugs and Kisses, Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 04:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

wooooohooooooooo! congrats!

yippee!

YOU GO GIRL!

Keep up the good work :

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 07:24 PM   #4  
Divine Gal

WTG GIRL!!! Keep it up!!
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 12:12 AM   #5  
Oooo Silly Me!

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I went online and found some good prices for scales that go up to 400lbs for weighing. I am considering making a purchase hehehe altho I can use the ones at the school health center. Still pondering the idea

I appreciate all the feed back :-) thank you very much to everyone.

Sue...
Old 03-12-2004, 09:04 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Getting a scale is a wonderful idea, this way you can see how you are doing. As much as I hate that dreaded scale, I have to see every once in a while how I am doing and it allows me to adjust what I need to.

Good plan !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:39 AM   #7  

Way to go
You can do it.
Hugss
Flower_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 05:03 PM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

Yes, the more I think about it, the more I am sure I will be making that scale purchase. It's hard to pull time out of my schedule when I'm at the campus because most of the time I'm there for one reason and that's to finish up my papers and many lesson plan projects. It has gotten to the point of where I communicate with my family through instant messenger because my classes go from 2-10pm Tuesdays and Thursday, and my days off I have been spending in the library til closing time which now because of finals week closes at midnight.

I also think that some of my success is that most of my classes are spread on campus. For example from my first class to my other class I walk from one end of the campus to the other and then my last class is at the center of campus. So I'm getting exercise, because most of the time when I'm at home it's sitting in front of the computer or tv unless I'm cleaning house.

But all in all, I hope this is a good sign hehehe...

Thank you FLower_Storm for your words of encouragment :-) I really appreciate it

Sue....