Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 08:34 AM   #1  

Default Friday March 5th, 2004

Somebody else is probably starting this thing up at the same time as me....but that is ok.

Got a day off but am going in this evening. I went to bed early last night so I am feeling a bit more human.

Hubby cleaned up the kitchen last night so it was nice to get up to a really really tidy kitchen. Everyone else is still asleep but it will be time to wake them soon.

Hubby goes to the gym every morning at 530....dd 12 gets up at 0630 and then dd 6 gets up around 700...I wake up somewhere in between if I am home.

I have never been a morning person.....but it is one of my goals now that I am doing less shift and avoiding nights like the plague.

How is everyone doing around here? Nice to see some new faces....welcome and always nice to see all the oldies too!

Have a great one everybody and I will check in soon!

Liz

Last edited by liz321; 03-05-2004 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Good Morning All...

I wan't online yesterday but I didn't overeat at all, which is good. It is weird..trying to get a handle on that..sometimes the more that I tell myself I am *not* going to binge..then bingo the more I do. Hopefully, I can nip it in the bud.

Happy Friday everyone,
Old 03-05-2004, 09:19 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Everyone,

Hi up there, Liz and Jenni

Liz I am a morning person and not a night time one ANYMORE I'm in bed by 9 pm, I could go earlier except I feel like I'm missing out on something, ya know like my family for instance LOL. OY. Years ago I used to start my evenings at 10 pm with the girl friends... the fun days lol. Now I'm older than dirt and tired haaaaaaa.

Jenni, you got that right, if I say I'm gonna be good today, I screw up royally, why is that I wonder ???? So I try not to think about it and just go with the flow. SASSAFRASS!!!!

Nothing new here SOSDD.. YEAH its friday and i'm so happy because I am in one of those moods where if I had to work another day this week I'd crack or call in sick I think its spring fever, I feel anxious inside, kinda like I wanna run a marathon but I know better lol, can you imagine haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

This weekend is rain, so who know's what I'll be doing. I do have MOUNDS of laundry to fold - oh joy lol. Guess I shouldn't complain, I should thank God I have a family to fold laundry for eh~

Whatcha all doing this weekend ?

Leenie

Gonna go cook some bacon, I'm hungry hungry hippo.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:41 AM   #4  
CIN

Good Morning Ladies,
Lynnie..sorry I didnt answer.I was gone to Cincinnati all day and returned at 4 this morning!(Children's Hospital..........not partying! )

Fast Trak caused quite a controversy here....some thought yes some thought no...so FINALLY they said try sticking to 20 but feel free to eat activity or Flex Points if you need them.............you will still get good results.IF I WERE YOU.I would not hesitate to eat them.

I will check back later as I still feel a bit ZOMBIE LIKE
Cin
Old 03-05-2004, 10:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Chickadees!

just a quick as I have a zillion checks to write this morning and I'm sure nobody wants to wait on me for their money.

I'll get back as soon as I can.

hugs,
cathy
Old 03-05-2004, 10:43 AM   #6  

Hello....it's been a few days since I posted but I've had my mind on other things. A good friend of mine is laying in the hospital braindead. Well, I guess she's not totally braindead. A test showed that there was some brain activity but at this point no one knows if it's enough to give one hope or enough to be at the point legally to prevent unplugging the machines which are keeping her alive. She's got young children which makes this a very sad thing. That and the fact that she's only 38.

She was here Tuesday of last week and looked horrible...you could tell she didn't feel good. I asked her what was wrong and she said her neck was hurting her so bad she couldn't stand it. She was on her way to the doctor from here but wanted to stop in and say hi. Little did we know then that that would be a goodbye instead. Anyway, this quack of a doctor gave her a shot in her neck and whatever or wherever he put it, something happened. There are rumors flying all over town, many of which are false. This makes me angry and when I'm asked what I know, I tell them I know nothing. What's the point as they will tell what they want to anyway, true or not. I depend on my facts from her husband.

Due to the stress and all of this, I've lost another 2 lbs. Now to keep it off!! We were working together as a team to lose our weight so I know she'd be proud.

Please say a prayer for her if you don't mind. I know miracles happen every day and I sure pray that this is one of them.

Sorry that this is a downer...catch you all later.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:09 AM   #7  

(((((((((((((((((((((sweetpea))))))))))))))))))))) )))))

Liz

Thanks for keeping it real......it is hard to live life that way....I appreciate you sharing.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:01 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Oh Sweetpea, what can I say except I am so very very sorry. Hugs to you. Could you tell us her name so I can pray for her and her family.

Cin, rest and feel better.

Cathy, keeping busy is good
Old 03-05-2004, 01:39 PM   #9  

Leenie her name is Lynn.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:00 PM   #10  
Divine Gal

Default Good Afternoon Ladies

It's so beautiful here today even though when are getting wind gusts up to 40 mph...Its like 73 degrees here and I love it.I feel so good today even though TOM is here; that I did 4 miles walking and 100 crunches instead of my regular 3 miles and 70 crunches... I also did handweights and my leglifts... I should sleep wonderfully tonight.
I have my Garden Veggie Soup cooking in the crockpot right now.I can't wait to try it because I heard its so good.And to think of it I can eat as much as I want because its 0 points....DH is even gonna eat some but pick the broccoli out of it.... He doesn't like broccoli; can you imagine someone not liking broccoli....?He was my Sous Chef He chops vegetables like the chinese do.Real fast.....I call him Speedy when he chops like that.

((((((((((((sweetpea)))))))))))) prayers will be said for your friend... My name is also Lynn ( Middle name); its what I go by alot....

Cin; Thanks for answering my question hun...That helped alot...

HI Liz, Leenie, Cathy, and Snoopy!!!

Talk to yall later

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 03-05-2004, 02:13 PM   #11  

Good morning ladies.....I haven't been here in a few days.....have been having computer problems.....couldn't send email...or sign into here or any other site where you have to sign in.....couldn't even print....for 29 hours....I was going through computer withdrawal....lol. DS3 helped DH last night to fix it.....he will come over tomorrow to do some more fixing.

It is a beautiful day here.....7.9C.....I am going to Costco later.

I lost 1.2 lbs. this week....now it's 20.2 lbs. Yesterday was my 1st day doing WW.....I did well.

Leenie....I have mounds of laundry to fold this weekend also. DH is putting tile in the laundry area this week....so I will be without the washer & fryer for a week.

SweetPea.....I am so sorry to hear about your friend.

April
Old 03-05-2004, 02:21 PM   #12  
Divine Gal

Hiya April!! Don't you just love Costco's? I know I do...
Old 03-05-2004, 02:43 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Lord, We are yours. You are our God. We need your healing touch on Lynn's body. When Jesus walked this earth no one who came to Him in faith was refused. We come to You now, knowing that You are our Hope. We trust in You. Heal Lynn O Lord. Restore her physical condition that she may praise You. We pray this in Jesus' Name, and we thank You that You have heard us.

May Lynn's family find the peace and comforting that only God can give.

Amen
Old 03-05-2004, 03:18 PM   #14  
CIN

Hello Ladies
Sweet
Iam so sorry....keep the Faith.............if there is some brain activity..surely that is a good sign.Sometimes medical reports are so wrong. I know you must be so sad because of this. Do what you can for the family.that helps.

I was at Childrens Hospital In Cincinnati yestereday. A friend's son ( 15 )had surgery.supposed to be 2 hrs...turned in to a 7 hour surgery....when they sent the chaplain to see the family.that was frightening!He is in Intensive Care now and doing ok.will be hospitalized a month.Thank Goodness for Ronald McDonalds Houses if you all have one. They are wonderful!

We will certainly pray for Lynn ( MY MIDDLE NAME TOO )!

TTYL
Cin
Old 03-05-2004, 04:03 PM   #15  
Walking by faith

Arrow Hello Ladies....

Sweet Pea: I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I'm agreeing with Leenie and everyone in prayer for God's healing touch.

Lynnie: You're doing AWESOME And I'm glad you're feeling great too!

Liz: It's good to see you in here. I'm with you on not being a morning person

Leenie & Cathy: How's Atkins working for you? I'd be going nuts giving up carbs for so long!

I'm at a standstill on my weight. I've been eating all wrong. A lot is going on with my DS. Not exactly sure, but there may be some serious stuff going on. In the meantime, I'm using food to cope with stress . I AM going to start Dr. Phil's quick start program on Monday.
Closed Thread