Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 08:58 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wednesday Chat - Feb 11th

Good Morning,

I am at work today, the little one's fever is gone but still hacking away. One good thing is my boss isn't here today or tomorrow

Cathy, I sent you the cheese cake recipe but here it is just incase.

Eileens Low Carb Cheesecake

3 Pkg Cream Cheese (8 oz each)
3 Eggs
10 Pks Splenda
1 ½ Tsp Vanilla
1 TBLS Lemon Juice
1 Cup of Sour Cream

Heat oven 350 degrees

Line bottom of spring pan w/2 sheets of wax paper…spray w/pam
Spray sides of pan w/pam
Cover outside bottom of pan w/foil, make it tight
Add batter
Place pan w/batter in a deep roasting pan
Add 1” of water to roasting pan…..

Cook 1 hour
Shut oven off
Let cake stand in oven for 1 additional hour
Take out of water bath and cool on rack…refrigerate and eat the next day

I'm leaving early today, have to go to a funeral, a woman from church who we never knew was sick died from cancer the other day, she was only 56.. my heart is just sick.

On a lighter note, its gonna be 40 degrees today.... we're having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave lalalalalal !!!!

Old 02-11-2004, 09:13 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey look at this cute site, Hollywood Cookbook, bet you could tweek the recipe's to fit your diet. But even if you don't its a cute site.

http://www.scrumptious.com/
Old 02-11-2004, 10:14 AM   #3  

Good morning ladies. I have tied myself to my chair b/c I really do think I will float off if I don't. It is still raining here and it looks like it si going to go on for the rest of the day. I am not going to complain though b/c it could be really cold and I really don't like that.

Leens I am sure you will have fun w/out the boss there. I mean as much fun as you can have at work.

I got good news last night. At least it was good to me. I finished our taxes and we are getting a refund that is big enough to cover the $900 they said we owed them from 2001. I was really worried about how to pay for that. Man what a load off of my shoulders.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Chickadees!

Kemp - I am sitting in the same rain that you are. Girl it ain't suppose to stop until tomorrow afternoon. I may need a boat to get to work tomorrow! LOL not complaining just stating the facts mam! just the facts! But I'm so glad to hear you are getting a refund that will take care of the other taxes. Isn't it awesome the way those things always work out!

Leenie - glad to hear you're little one was well enough for you to go back to work (well you know what I mean). And yes! I got the cheesecake recipe! It sounds so good! The only problem is that I have to wait a day to eat it after I bake it!

Lynnie - I'm sorry yesterday was a hard day for you. I hope today is better! about the ww thing - isn't it wonderful when people tell you how proud they are of you! You be proud of your accomplishments too! ok!

April - on your fitday thing you weren't having 3 meals and 2 snacks a day? just 3 meals? or something different? did they find out anything from your hip xray yet?

Liz - so good to see ya! give your little one a birthday hug from me! awwwww sweet 6 - what a fun age! give your older one a hug from me too - just because!

Cin - so good to see ya too! busy huh? how's everything going? how many in your ww meetings these days?

Skjolden - Welcome and so nice to meet you. I am 44 with 2 sons. I'm sure your house is BUSY with 6 kids! wow! that's great. How many teenagers in your house right now? I responded to your question under the Bipolar thread. Gave you my email address so you can email me whenever you like and we can "talk". It's good to have you here! and like Leenie said, don't worry about posting late at night. I read everything in the morning so that I don't miss a thing (well sometimes I miss things) but ya know what I mean.

Yesterday afternoon, my dear sweet boss's wife, came into the office with warm brownies and fresh bread. I could have popped her, but I didn't! I just told her that I was doing Atkins (whether it kills me or not) so I just couldn't have any, even tho I wanted all of it sooooooooo bad. She was totally understanding. She always is anyway, but she is doing WW so she knows about not wanting to mess up your plan. So I get gold stars for being good yesterday!

This morning I woke up at 5:00 with a headache and HUNGRY. I have no idea (nor do I care) if the headache is from doing Atkins, but I really figure it is more from the hussle and bussle in my life right now. So I took some advil and then before 5:30 I was scrambling me 2 eggs to eat, so that I wouldn't pass out in the shower. The eggs totally filled me up and the headache passed.

Then when I got to work, one of the guys came in with a big ole bag from the Cinnamon Bakery Shop next door and asked if I wanted some "good stuff". ***sigh*** I really wasn't even tempted, just told him that I'm doing Atkins and he said "really? I need to do that too!" It's a conspiracy I tell ya! Maybe I should put a sign up on the door that says "DO NOT FEED THE SECRETARY"

Sooooooooooo I need to get to work. I've rambled long enough.

later gaters,
cathy
Old 02-11-2004, 10:53 AM   #5  

I spent the first part of yesterday crying.....crying for so many things.....birthdays and other special events are bitter sweet as they bring so many emotions out in me....it is bitter sweet as I relive my daughters birth six years before...but it reminds me of the fears I had as she was born that she may have the same fatal disease that took my son at age two! It brings back the fact that he never got to turn six and it spirals down, down, down.....I picked myself up around 1030 am, put on my make up and hauled my sorry butt and a tray of cherry chip cupcakes to the kindergarten class....looked in my baby's grateful eyes and had the strength to carry on.....that continues to be the theme of my life......to carry on and enjoy the enjoyable and endure the rest......love endures all things.

Today is another c-c-c-old one........and still lots of prep for all the partying on the weekend....just goes one and one around here.......

Have a great day everyone!

Liz
Old 02-11-2004, 11:08 AM   #6  

Default Liz...

Hey Liz!
(((((((((((hugs))))))))))
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 02-11-2004 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:11 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyxxx

Hey Liz!
(((((((((((hugs))))))))))
Cathy
Right back at you cathy...............(((((((((((((((((((Cathy)))))) ))))))))))))))))))

Liz
Old 02-11-2004, 11:16 AM   #8  

awwwwww we're having a "hug" fest!

cathy
Old 02-11-2004, 04:56 PM   #9  

ooooooooooweeeeeeeee Leenie must be busy at work today! I haven't seen her back here since this morning?

I'm fixing to grab my umbrella and my rain boats (oh no I'm not they are in my car *sigh*) and try to make it to my car without floating away. It will not stop raining! But I've gotta run straight home and pick up dh and then head down to the church. We are having a Valentine Banquet for about 100 teenagers tonight. It should be a lot of fun, but boy is everybody gonna be wet. Hope the rain doesn't mess up our attendance!

Hope everybody has a good nite.

see ya in the morning!

cathy
Old 02-11-2004, 06:41 PM   #10  
Divine Gal

Default Hello ladies

Well as far as my eating today; it was bad and I dipped into my flexpoints.But the one thing I am proud of is at dinner instead of having fries; I asked the waitress to substitute with a salad.So I did well there. Sometimes I really dislike using my flexpoints.

We bought Pirates of the Carribean today.

I am feeling alittle better then yesterday. I just miss my grandfather alot.
Thanks for all the support..*hugs*

Lynnie
Old 02-11-2004, 06:43 PM   #11  

Hi everyone

This is the 1st time I got to the computer today.....I met a friend for coffee this A.M....it's our usual Wednesday A.M. coffee....but there were just the 2 of us there today.

I find out the results of the xrays of my hips next Monday....when I see the doctor....the pain is actually at the joints at the top of both legs.....I stared on Celebrex yesterday.

Kemp.....it's not raining here....it is nice & sunny here today.

Cathy.....I am not doing fitday.....but ediets.....there are different choices I can make for an eating plan....one of them is the Dr. Phil eating plan.....his plan has 3 meals & 2 snacks.
I was on the ediets eating plan before....that one has 3 meals & 1 snack....at ediets they say to save something from breakfast, lunch & dinner & have it a few hours later.
I have stayed the same for 3 weeks now....it gets discouraging....but I will hang in there.

Liz.....sorry to hear that you are going through a rough time. One of my sisters lost a son in 1980......he was 8.....he was hit by a car & died instantly....my sister told me....that every year....on his birthday especially.....she finds it really hard.

Not too much happening here.....I don't know if I mentioned this before....DS1 is getting married on May 15.....that is DH & my wedding anniversary...so that is nice.....he asked if it was okay to have the wedding on our anniversary..if we would mind.......they met on line.....it turns out she lived only 20 minutes away from him.

April
Old 02-12-2004, 03:20 AM   #12  

Default the late poster

Hi everyone. We had a beautifully sunny day in western Wash state. It probably didn't get to 50 degrees, but it was lovely.
Liz, what a miserably hard thing to have gone through with your son. I guess it's the wound that never heals - the rest of your life has to develop around it(?) My third child, Bryan, developed leukemia at the age of three. After four years of chemo he stayed in remission and is now preparing with his army unit to go to Iraq. The older I get the more I think life is like walking through a mine field and you just have to hold hands firmly with the people around you. Uh... that could be why I'm posting on this list, though.
I haven't started dieting yet. I was doing OA last summer, but the amount of energy it takes me to go without sugar didn't leave anything for the rest of my life. I thought WW would be easier and I started it Jan 1, but after about two weeks I started binging. I'm toying with the idea of doing WW again, but eating about 5 points more a day than they say to. Right now I'm probably eating 30 more points a day than they say and I'm maintaining. Is this heresy? I don't care how slowly I lose - I just want to lose! All suggestions thoughtfully considered.
Skjolden
Old 02-12-2004, 08:39 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Sorry I couldn't come back in here yesterday, yes Cathy I was swamped with work and the boss is coming back some time this afternoon ick.

Lizzy..... Major hugs to you.

April, good luck on the leg/hip tests, is it sharp pains you get? you know I'm asking because I have joint problems galore, and right were your describing, I get such sharp pains I can't put any weight on my leg when it happens. Its like some one stabbing me.

Kem... great news on the $$$ just make sure you save some of your return to buy me a surprise lolol (just joshin).

Cathy and Lynnie, I'm so proud of you two for sticking to your guns (diet), I know its hard but remember this, we only have one life to live, fries, bread and brownies will be on this earth long after we are gone, lets make the most while we are here. You know for sure when we eat something that looks and smells good, we usually regret eating it afterwards b/c it really wasn't that good. I try to keep that in mind when I'm drooling over something, I say to myself, eh, it prob doesn't taste as good as I'm thinking.

Skjolden, I'm with you, I don't care how fast I lose, or how slow, I just want to lose, I'm for once in my life in no hurry and its a big plus in my behavior and my thinking and my weight loss. Good for you !!

okay I'm gonna start up thursdays thread if nobody's done it yet !! Hugs !!!
Closed Thread