Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 08:04 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Tuesday Chat - Feb 3rd

Good Morning Everyone

How's everyone on this cold morning. Today's weather in NJ is snow, sleet, snow, freezing rain Calgon take me away ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Nothing much going on SOSDD. Boss isn't in today but I am swamped with work, good thing cause it keeps me out of trouble lol.

Whatcha all doing today ?
Old 02-03-2004, 10:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Leenie!

I am so glad to say that the great big sun is shining in Louisiana today! Man I would love to go stand outside for an hour and soak it in, but at least I have great big double glass doors so I can see it!

Leenie - how was your computer class?

My 88 year old grandfather is having surgery this morning to remove the spot of lung cancer and they will take 1/4th of his lung. Talked with PawPaw last night and he wasn't worried about the surgery at all, but sure isn't looking forward to the recovery. I'll be going to see about my grandmother during lunch.

I hope everybody has a great day.

I will check back later. I'm trying to straighten out an error at the bank. fun fun fun lol

hugs,
cathy
Old 02-03-2004, 10:55 AM   #3  

Leens I wish my boss was gone today too. It makes my day go smoother.

Cathy I will keep your grandfather in my thoughts today. I am sure he will be fine though. Don't you just love seeing the sun? It is cold but I will take the sunshine anyday. They are calling for more rain this week and next Monday. I guess we are heading into our rainy season. I did get one of those mosquito deleto things so I will have to see if it works soon. I know with all of this rain we will have a bumper crop.

Not much going on my way either. I am planning on working out with hubby later on today. I just hope I can keep myself pumped up about it once the day starts to wear on.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:01 AM   #4  
Divine Gal

Good morning Ladies...

The sun is gone again.Grrrrr I have no clue what I am going to do today.

April: Unfortunately yes I do have to pay for my missed meeting.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 02-03-2004, 11:16 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey girls,

Cathy, computer class was boring, but to me they all are, its just something I must do for my job zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!

Kem, I know what you mean about keeping your spirits high, towards the end of the day I don't wanna do anything. I am def a morning person.

Hey Lynnie have fun doing what ever the day brings
Old 02-03-2004, 01:22 PM   #6  

Good morning everyone

I just got back from seeing the counsellor. She said I need more structure in my life.....like telling myself I will do certain things in a day.....even if it is just folding 1 basket of laundry.....or clearing off just 3 things from the bed in the spare bedroom. Also she said I should think about doing some volunteer work.

It is snowing here today.....I am going to go finish my breakfast & have my 2nd cup of coffee now.....see you later.

April
Old 02-03-2004, 02:34 PM   #7  
CIN

Hi Gals
It is cold,overcast & a little snowy here today,,,,,,,,,,,,,,doesnt bother me a bit cause I got sunshine INSIDE!

I am home in between meetings and leaving in a few for my5th meeting this week. The attendance has been good considering Souper Bowl Weekend!

Lynnnie.in our territory the first 3 times you miss are free THEN after that you must pay for missed meetings. Proud of your new numbers! Go girl

Cathy..........I will keep your Granfather in my prayers.seems like a big surgery from someone his age.Please keep uis posted..ok?

I bought curtains at J.C. Penneys a couple weeks ago for my Living Room & Dining Room. Last night I stopped in Big Lots (a.k.a Odd Lots) and couldnt beleive they had BIG Pilows for my couch out of the exact fabric for $7.99 each! Awesome deal and perfect match! Aint life grand? I love deals and steals especially!

Stay as warm as you can and keep looking for the Son a.k.a. SUN.....

Later taters
Cin
Old 02-03-2004, 02:36 PM   #8  
CIN

Default Help Help Help!!!!

I need spellcheck! Ha Ha Ha Cin
Old 02-03-2004, 03:15 PM   #9  

Hey gang! good to see everybody!

Kemp? what's a mosquito deleto? is that like a bug zapper? Do you and hubby workout at your shop?

Lynnie? hope you're having a good day!

April? what kind of volunteer work you thinking about doing?

Cin? so good to see ya girlie! don't worry about spellcheck! we read typos just fine! hehe Don't ya love running into Big Lots and finding good stuff!

Well my grandfather just got out of surgery. The doctor wasn't able to take as much of his lung as he needed to, bec of a problem with some major artery being in the way, so his chances of recovery are reduced to 50% but I'm trusting and praying that he will be fine. Of course, my mother is not so convinced, but sometimes that is how moms are, ya know.

I brought my grandmother lunch. Poor thing, it doesn't seem that much registers with her anymore, but she understood pawpaw was having surgery and was worried about it. The whole time she ate lunch she had tears trickling down her face. I felt so bad for her! I asked her what was wrong and she said "I'm worried about something but I can't remember what" and I said "pawpaw's surgery?" (bec we had already talked about) and she said "yea that's it". But she loved her baked potato. I baked it in the oven here at work for 2 hours, and then brought it to her warm, and added her favorite toppings of butter, cheddar cheese and REAL bacon. She had told me yesterday to be sure to bring REAL bacon so I did. Then when she ate it she asked me what it was, and I said "bacon" and she said "I've never had this before but it sure is good". Believe me - she has had a LOT of real bacon in her life.

later gaters,
cathy
Old 02-03-2004, 04:18 PM   #10  
Divine Gal

Cin I was wish it was like that here..... Me and DH got two coupons each; where we only have to pay $5 for the missed days.Thanks for the compliment.

I am so cold and the weather stinks here today.But I did exercise a whole hourI didn't get to exercise yesterday like I wanted too.

Kempy did u get a chance to workout today?

Hi Cathy, Leenie and April
Old 02-03-2004, 06:36 PM   #11  
Walking by faith

Wink Good evening all

Sorry I haven't been around earlier. I've been feeling really tired and run down today. We've still got that yucky cloudy weather going on. April, I think I could use a light box myself.

Cathy: I'm glad you're pawpaw came through his surgery o.k. My Dad had a lung resection (for cancer) done at 75. He had a good life for 6 more years 'til he passed away. God bless your Grandma!

April: Sounds like you have a good counsellor The advice about structure and doing volunteer work really hit home with me. I believe that I need the same things to break out of my depression.

Lynnie: You're doing GREAT! I'm sorry you had to miss the meeting.

Leenie, Lynnie, CIN, April, Liz, and everyone who lives where it's been snowing: I remember what that's like-I'll be praying for a thaw for y'all!

I didn't go to TOPS again. I'm not feeling that great, but I probably wouldn't have gone anyway. Have you ever been in a place where you REALLY needed support and encouragement, and you didn't get what you needed? That's how I feel about this TOPS chapter. It's a great organization, but I wish there was another chapter close to home. I'm so glad this forum is here-you all have been such an encouragement to me, and I hope I've been able to support and encourage you too!

Have a nice evening
Old 02-03-2004, 10:10 PM   #12  

Hey Joanne! so good to see you! I'm sorry you've been feeling tired and run down. I think the winter gets everybody a little down sometimes, and makes us long for spring.

Just want you to know that you have been a great encouragement to me, as I'm sure you've been to everyone here! Just wanted to tell you that I appreciate you and your kindness!

Can I ask? what kind of support and encouragment do you need from TOPS? is there some way that we could better support you in your weightloss efforts and healthy lifestyle? I'd be glad to help in any way I can. Do you need somebody to be accountable to? we could do that here? Just wondering how we could help more?

BTW, How r things going at home?

hugs,
cathy
Old 02-04-2004, 08:36 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Joanne, yes I do know how you feel about the support issue. If you are really dreading going then don't. Find something that works and makes you happy.

Hugs!
Closed Thread