Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 08:27 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekend Chat - January 24, 25

Good Morning,

Its good to be home The meeting went well, boring, and useless but I told them that b/4 I even went that my presence was not necessary. OY. It felt weird being away from home.

I didn't get a chance to read up the past few days so clue me in if you wouldn't mind.

How's everyone doing ?

Today is a pajama day, I'm so exhausted. All I wanna do is pick up around the house and relax. We are expecting alot of snow tomorrow, which is fine, I went food shopping last night so I'm all set.

Whats your plans for the weekend.

Hey Cathy...... I was thinking... you might want to put that saying "join me on the food thread" in your signature ????? it would then show up on all your posts and be a great reminder to folks ? just a suggestion. I'm glad your continuing to do the thread...persistance !!!!!
Old 01-24-2004, 10:46 AM   #2  
Divine Gal

Default Good Morning

Hello ladies.Looks like I will be home all by myself today.The men are going out to do some work YAY!!!!! I will be folding laundry and who knows what else....

hello Leenie

Cathy: The headbands I got were to go over my ears when its cold outside and the other was the hair accessory.

Hi to everyone who comes after me

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 01-24-2004, 01:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Afternoon Chickadees!

Leenie, I know you are glad to be home and be in PJ's today. I'm in exercise pants, a tank top and a sweatband to keep my hair out of my face. I'm cleaning today and all I want to do is get done!!!! I did not get to exercise first bec I slept until 7:30. I never do that. Guess I was tired. Then the phone has been ringing off the wall and it was calls I needed to take and couldn't just let the machine get, so it's gonna take me all day to get done. Oh yea, also took youngest ds driving in the 1994 Ford (standard) pickup truck that his much older cousin gave him. We went riding for an hour so do he could figure out how to shift and all that jazz. He did really good. And we are so blessed that he was given a nice truck to drive when he gets his license in May. Otherwise he would have to wait until who knows when.

Lynnie - I bet you are thrilled to be home without those guys today. I would be turning cartwheels. My hubby is gone today with a bunch of men from our church that go to the prison and they have a worship service this evening. So it's just me and my 2 teenage guys. They have both cleaned their rooms and are playing Sony Playstation 2. It has started raining like crazy here, so don't think we will be doing anything outside of the house today.

Well I just wanted to check in. I need to finish this house!!!!

hugs,
Cathy

P.S. to Leenie - I think that's a great idea about adding that to my signature and will do that as soon as I get a minute.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:29 PM   #4  

OH BTW, last night around 9 I went into the chatroom and found Short & Sassy from Louisiana there. ya'll remember her? she is great! anyway, she may join us here on the depression and weight loss boards and catch up with everybody. it sure was nice to chat with her.

And one other thing - I NEED A MAID! :-(
Old 01-24-2004, 02:58 PM   #5  
Divine Gal

Whew I am wiped out but fully energized.I did a whole mile of Walk Away The Pounds.. 1 mile isn't that awesome..Now I think I am going to read a book for awhile....
Old 01-24-2004, 04:01 PM   #6  

Hi everyone

The font thing doesn't appear to be working.....I printed it out....just checking to see if it is working.

It does work when I print it out. It snowed last night about 4".....& it has gotten colder also....when I went to bed last night it was +2.2C....this morning it was -14C....tonight it is supposed to be -25C.....cold.

Welcome back Leenie....I am doing good....nothing planned for today....but tomorrow DS3, his GF & her DS are coming over for dinner.

Hi Cathy & Lynnie.

April

Last edited by april99; 01-24-2004 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-24-2004, 07:02 PM   #7  

Hey there gang!

Lynnie - that is awesome that you did the 1 mile walk. How do you like Leslie? isn't she sweet & perky!

April - man that is cold! cold! cold! What ya fixing for supper tomorrow night?

Hey I noticed that the movie "Radio" is coming out on dvd this week. Did anybody see it? was it a good? It looked like it would be a good story. Just wondering if anybody saw it?

I've got to get my lesson together for tomorrow morning. It's about David and Goliath and tackling those "giants" in our lives!

later gaters!
hugs,
Cathy
Old 01-24-2004, 08:51 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Ladies,

hey, where's Kem, Joanne, Liz, and the rest of the goils ?
Just got the bambino in bed ahhh, and I'm sitting here relaxing. It is very cold out burrr. We are expecting a few inches of snow tomorrow ICK!

I went on amazon.com to order a cd, well I really ordered 3 of them, so the bill came to 38.89. when I was checking out amazon gave me the option to open a visa card with them and they would give me 30.00 towards my order... so it only cost me 8.89 (no shipping) for the cd's !! Cool huh. they only offer it to you once so what the heck.

I'm gonna check out chat and then surf a bit b/4 bed.

Have a great night.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:44 PM   #9  

Awwwwww Leenie I must have missed you. I didn't get on the puter until almost 10 and by the time I got to the chatroom you were gone. But I caught a few people in there. Sounds like you got a really good deal at amazon.

My oldest ds just left to go meet some friends at The Waffle House in town. They all say they will get up and go to church no matter how late they stay out, but we will see. I'm just thrilled they are all hanging out and having breakfast at midnight rather then all the other joints they could be hanging out on a Saturday night!

later gaters,
cathy
Old 01-24-2004, 11:53 PM   #10  

Hey I'm just checking out my new signature.
don't mind me.
hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 01-24-2004 at 11:58 PM.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:32 AM   #11  
The cat lady

Default hi

Yes, I am a night owl. My hubby works 3-midnight so I am home alone with the cats most nights. Glad to find this group.
So as for depression. I am struggling. I just recently quit taking Paxil CR. I am trying to get pregnant and have heard so many bad things about it so I just quit taking it. I am doing okay. Keeping busy, but feel it creeping in.
I am starting WW on Monday and think that will help. I am starting to do the ole beat up on myself thing. Telling myself I'm fat and ugly, etc. You all probably know how it is.
I am glad I came back to 3fc. I was on here years ago when I lived in Florida and just started back on here last night. It has definitely grown and changed over the years.

Well, guess I'll leave you all. Hope to get to know you all better!
Old 01-25-2004, 12:39 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Candy, we're glad your back too

I just popped in to say hi, gonna dress the wee one and make her go out and play for 20 minutes (its 20 degreese here, can't go out long) but she needs fresh air.

So I'll be back later on

Hugs
Old 01-25-2004, 02:28 PM   #13  

Good morning everyone

Welcome Candy.

It is cold here today....it was -20C when I got up this morning....it's also snowing now.

DS3, His GF & her DS are coming over for dinner tonight.....DH said he would cook the dinner...he has never cooked a whole dinner before. He has bread going in the bread machine now.

Not much else happening....I have to do a bit of cleaning now....but 1st play some word whomp on the computer.

April
Old 01-25-2004, 03:55 PM   #14  

Hi Candy - good to have you back! I see your starting weight was 400 lbs and now you are down to 225. Would love to hear how you've lost all that weight! good for you going to WW tomorrow! I know you will love it!
hugs,
cathy
Old 01-25-2004, 04:11 PM   #15  

I am here but only for a little bit. I just wanted ot pop in real fast to let you guys know that I am still alive. I have to spend my only day off cleaning and I need to get back to it.

I will check back in tomorrow

April I wear MAC and I love it. I get it at the Mall of Louisiana.
Closed Thread