Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 08:04 AM   #1  
Walking by faith

Smile Tuesday, October 28th

Good morning everyone! I'm gonna go make some coffee, and I'll see you later.

Last edited by Stepping Out; 10-28-2003 at 08:11 AM.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:11 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Everyone,

Joanne

Nothing much is doing today, just getting ready to ship the boss out for a few days

How's everyone feeling lately ?

Leens
Old 10-28-2003, 09:14 AM   #3  
Divine Gal

Good Morning Ladies.
Well its looks like another rainy day here but for the rest of the week its supposed to be nice.YAY!!!!I am hoping it will be so I can walking some more.Went and walked around Walmart yesterday.I love that store.Was looking at all the christmas decorationsMe and hubby are thinking about going by train to my mom's house for the Christmas holiday.I have never ridden a train.

TTYL
*hugs*
lynnie
Old 10-28-2003, 10:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning chickadees,

It is beautiful outside this morning. It's about 45 and sunny with blue blue skies. I'm drinking my coffee and checking email and answering this silly phone that won't quit ringing.

Did anybody watch Dr Phil yesterday. There was not one thing on there that would help "me" with weightloss. It was an interesting show and addressed some of the emotional issues going on, but not much directly on weightloss......so if you didn't see you didn't miss much.

The abc special that was on last night was interesting. It was about how overweight children and teeangers are treated. It was so sad to see the way they were treated at school and at home bec of their weight.

Oh I mentioned yesterday that it is gumbo weather here in Lake Charles, so I went home and made a pot. It was good (even if I say so myself). Wish yall could have all come down and had a bowl!

I'm getting a trim this afternoon after work. Need to get these bangs out of my eyes!

Hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
Cathy

Old 10-28-2003, 10:22 AM   #5  

Cathy is right it is a beautiful day here. The kind of day you just want to stay home and let the house air out. It was so nice to sleep with the windows open last night. We live kind of out in the swamps so it is filled with the sound od frogs and crickets, it is really soothing. I was out as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I watched that show last night on overweight kids and it was really hard for me. I was one of those kids. I was the biggest girl in my group of friends and it really hurt me when people would make comments. My nickname on the bus was Ms. Piggy. Isn't that terrible. And I wonder why I have such issues now. Now that I have seen the show I wonder what in the world I can do to fix myself.

Leens got any good ideas for my party yet?

Lynnie I rode a train a long time ago and it is really fun. I love being able to see the country go by. You lose that when you fly.

I hopw everyone is having a great day so far. I 'll check back in later.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:07 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Kem here's some sites you can go on MAN there's so much !!! I wouldn't know where to begin:

The last one has cute pictures, love the lady fingers

http://southernfood.miningco.com/lib...ay/blhwidx.htm

http://holiday.allrecipes.com/halloween/home.asp

http://www.foxhome.com/goosebumps/tremain.html

http://www.cooksrecipes.com/holiday-...halloween.html

http://ww4.bhg.com/bhg/category.jhtm...tertaining.xml

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/holiday...enrecipes.html
Old 10-28-2003, 12:19 PM   #7  

Thanks Leens you helped me get some great ideas. I can't wait to be able to eat all of it too.
Old 10-28-2003, 02:02 PM   #8  

Good morning everyone

The sun isn't shining here.....it is raining....pouring rain...we even had some hail earlier today.

I went to the doctor yesterday.....he put me on Celexa.....he doesn't think the light box will be enough over the winter....this month I have had 3 episodes of depression....it didn't last long....like a few hours to about 6 hours. So I am on a small dose....& will gradually increase it. I have been feeling good for the most part though....still using the light box every day.

The thing I worry about with the Celexa....is weight gain...on the Effexor last winter....I gained 15 pounds.....am trying to lose that still.....I surely don't want that to happen this winter.....still doing ediets....doing good....have lost 6 pounds the 1st month.

Cathy.....I have never had gumbo before....is it made with okra?....I have seen okra in the grocery store.

April
Old 10-28-2003, 03:09 PM   #9  

April funny you should mention okra in gumbo. Some poeple put it in but I found that when I make it I don't like it in there b/c it gets slimey. I love okra fired but not cooked down.

My hubby just told me that he thinks he may need to go to the doctor. He thinks he might have depression. I never thought I would hear my hubby say that. It really broke my heart to hear that. I wonder if he feels that way when I tell him how I feel. I am going to go home tonight and give him a great big hug and let him know that I am going to do everything I can to help him. I know what he is going through and I don't want him to have to do this alone.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:17 PM   #10  
Walking by faith

Angry Hi Everyone

I hope some of that nicer weather heads this way I'm tired of cloudy, damp weather.

Kempy: What do you put in your gumbo? I'd like to try making some (I don't like okra either). I hope your DH will be able to find help for his depression. My DH was frankly difficult to be around until he started taking Prozac a few years ago. It's made all the difference for him.

Lynnie: The train trip sounds like fun. Hope you can work out the details to go.

Cathy: A new haircut

Leens: Right back at ya!

I don't know if I'm going to make it to TOPS tonite. I'll have to find a ride I was thinking of weighing in at my old chapter tomorrow a.m., but there's been a lot of tension there, and I don't know how it would work out. I know a lot of people who go to the local WW chapter, and I'd like to try it, but I can't afford the weekly meeting charge. I think it would work out to something like $48 a month Guess I'll stay home and read some Dr. Phil.

Excuse me for kvetching Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Last edited by Stepping Out; 10-28-2003 at 05:23 PM.
Closed Thread