Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-08-2022, 06:25 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default July 2022 Ups and Downs Fighting Depression Thread

We are a small but mighty group of friends supporting each other thru the downs and also the Ups of our lives. Please feel free to join!

Friends I am so sorry I've been absent! I have continued to have the 2 days off a week which is so great but I am so consumed by the strife at work, the new 'chef' is so very subpar to what we should have AND he made a horrible sexual statement about a young girl, to her cousin!! the only reason he has not been fired is because the GM (General Manager) said we need someone for dinners!!! we are actively recruiting for a replacement but as someone who was grabbed sexually at age 13 I have such a deep hatred for men who are pigs. I did have the opportunity to tell him off, because he came to me to apologize (not that I was the target but because I am an employee) and the pig wouldn't even own it. "There is a disconnect between my brain and my mouth and I don't even know what I said". I told him it was repulsive, HE was repulsive, he was not a part of our team, and I hoped he would be sued. Yeah.

OK other than that, life is good lol!! my gardens look spectacular and it is such a pleasure to come home and just enjoy being outside . We set up hummingbird feeders for the 1st time and they are so fun to watch! I got my motorcycle all fixed up with new tires and some work and she is like a new bike. Yes son's wedding is next month, the 15th! I just bought some cool flowy t-shirt-type sundresses for the casual parts and I don't hate how I look

Kathleen oh wow the zebra mussels, what a problem!!! we fight teh Eurasian milfoil here. I don't know much about the boating world but I guess there are sentries, people who will inspect your boat before you put it in the water. I hope your lake problem is resolved!

how are you?? I will try to get back to being regular here, you and all others mean so much
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 02:05 AM   #2  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Holly: It is SO great to hear from you! I am so very sorry that you were grabbed sexually at the age of 13 and now have to deal with this creep of a "chef" at work. That is terrible that he said sexually inappropriate things about a young girl. Good for you for telling him off!

I am so happy to hear that, other than being consumed by the strife at work, life is good! You work so hard on your yard. I am so glad you are enjoying the beauty. And hooray for a fixed up motorcycle that is like new now.

Your cool, flowy t-shirt-type sundresses for the casual parts of the wedding festivities sound so cute. And the fact that you like how you look in them is awesome!

I'm doing well. My niece, who is also my Goddaughter, just got married this past Saturday. It was a beautiful wedding! Another niece who is getting married in October asked me to be her Matron of Honor. I am extremely honored, but I have a lot to plan for it (bridal shower and bachelorette party and need to help find a dress for me), so I am also overwhelmed, along with some other stuff I'm trying to get done. I've managed to lose the 5 pounds I had put back on, but I would also like to lose some more weight before the wedding and get toned up. One day at a time.

My son, who is in grad school, just got offered two internships for the fall. He is studying to become a counselor. I think he has three semesters left. He has been dating someone for about eight months or so and I'm pretty sure she's "the one." I really like her, but I hope he takes his time. I want him to finish school and get a good job before he gets married.

Well, that's a little catch up on me for now. Gotta get some sleep!. I am so happy you are still around, Holly! If anyone else is reading along, please join in!

IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 08:33 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

I am having such trouble posting here!
Old 07-19-2022, 08:34 AM   #4  
Biker Chick!

Well that message posted. Just trying to say, we welcome anyone to please join us, even if it seems it is just a couple people posting here
Old 08-23-2022, 06:22 AM   #5  

Hello to all.
SueRobbins is offline   Reply With Quote