3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   June 2021 Ups and Downs Depression Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/323356-june-2021-ups-downs-depression-thread.html)

UlsterNYGirl 06-14-2021 09:30 AM

Hello group,
I don't use the computer so much on the weekends, so I'm just checking back in. Thanks for all of the great suggestions. I like the idea of 10 minutes on the bike, as when I think about doing more than 20 I chuck the whole thing. I think I could do 10-20, and if that is guilt free rather than thinking that was a failure it might stick. I'll check out Pahla Bee.
I got on the scale this morning and didn't lost much, but I had Chinese food last night so it could be water. I had tofu and veggies but the sauce probably had a lot of sodium. I'll weigh again tomorrow and see if there is a difference.
I took my daughter and granddaughter strawberry picking, and it wore me out. It felt like quite the workout! My right big toe is fused, so it is shorter than the left big toe.I can't flex it at all. I know that getting the weight off of my knees and feet will help.
IBelieve, as far as therapy, I was a therapist for for 28 years, and I've been in therapy myself many times. There is no magic there, but it can be helpful. Journaling can be great as well. Just checking in here with others is therapeutic if you do it consistently and feel the support.
Happy Monday!
Cheryl

IBelieveInMe2 06-17-2021 11:42 PM

Cheryl: That is wonderful that you were a therapist for 28 years! I am very impressed! I have gone to therapy for several years in the past and benefitted from it immensely. It has just been awhile since I've been and I'm not even sure if my former therapist is still taking clients or if I would want to start with someone new... if I ever even decide to go back. I think my more urgent need right now is for marriage counseling, unfortunately, and I actually just got a referral to a therapist from a reliable source. I am always just very hesitant to make the call, extremely anxious about the actual marital counseling dynamic, and ~ as I said ~ I really do not want to add more appointments to my calendar. I definitely agree that checking in here is therapeutic, too. I am very thankful for this group. 🙏💙

Have you hopped on your exercise bike yet? No pressure intended! Just checking in and rooting you on! You can do it!!! :cheer3:

VermontMom 06-21-2021 08:50 AM

Hi Cheryl and Kathleen!

Cheryl I am also so impressed that you were a therapist for all those years!! shows such a commitment and compassion. I also think that if one feels no motivation to exercise, if one says "okay, I'll do 10 minutes and see how it feels", it might lead to a longer session or a more frequent session. and definitely pick something that you kinda enjoy, I surely love spending time with that lady I mentioned.

Strawberry picking is strenuous! alot of bending! I always wonder if the property owners check to see how many berries are popped in the mouth, I sure can't help doing that :D

Kathleen, oh gosh that worries me so much that your anxiety is so bad! and that even the thought of taking steps to deal with it gives you more anxiety :( If journaling helps then if you can find the time to do so, I hope you can! or is typing things out quicker for you? could you do it here? either on this thread or start a blog? I am no expert at all but just want relief for my friend :hug:

I have today off, my one day off a week. The lawn doesn't look terrible but it will need 'doing' so I could weed whack today and mow tomorrow after work. I have such a boring life I don't have alot of commitments :D which is how i like it, lol. Since stepping down from President of United Motorcyclists, I have aLOT less things to do and I like that also.

my new shoes/sneakers...well I bought them as Wide and a half size larger, and they are white, so to me they look HUGE :( and I wore them at work and three people made comments on them; I am so very self consious anyway and that made me want to throw them away :( which is stupid I know, but it just seems like such a mean thing for people to do. Maybe if they had an idea that it was hurtful to me they wouldn't have, but I only comment like "oh, that top is so pretty" instead of 'wow, look, Holly got new shoes, they sure are white" . Now that I typed that out, it really doesn't seem hurtful but it was enough for me, from 3 people, to never want to wear them again.

IBelieveInMe2 06-22-2021 01:11 AM

Holly: That makes me mad that those people made insensitive remarks about your new shoes and made you feel self-conscious. :( As you said, you would only think of complimenting others on their appearance. Why can't others give you the same courtesy? I hope the shoes are comfortable and provide good support for your knees.

How are you and your husband liking your new cars?

I have started to "journal" in the notes section of my phone when I need to vent and can't get to a physical journal. It does help, but there is something about writing my thoughts and feelings out on paper and seeing it in my own handwriting that makes the process more profound and I think more healing for me. So I will make it a goal to write in an actual journal once or twice a week. I do vent here, too, but I don't like to complain and I know that I worry about so many trivial things (in addition to the big issues) that it makes me feel embarrassed or stupid. Thank you for always caring and offering your insights and support! :)

TREEMBBS 06-28-2021 02:35 AM

Hi to all from Oz.

Life is fair to middling but as with all of us, just got to keep on pressing.

H's foot is a lot better but his general diagnosis for any mobility improvement is dire. Won't bore you though. It is what it is and just got to battle on best we can. A tiny bit of help is about to trickle in. Sometimes I wonder if all the pre assessments and phone calls and paper work is worth the hassle though.

Winter is approaching here. Because our country is barely vaccinated (about 5% fully) another covid outbreak looks to be looming. Our state had a patch and is now going OK but the rest of the country is showing some troubling movement with the new Delta variant.
Isn't it so hard to think of life before Covid? When there weren't lockdowns and masks and people getting sick and politicians constantly arguing about vaccine roll outs and such. Very tiresome!

OK just reporting in quickly to say hello and I hope you may get some sunshine over there soon :)

UlsterNYGirl 06-28-2021 12:24 PM

Hi all,
Happy Monday!. I just packed off my granddaughter for the first day of karate day camp. Usually summers are harder for childcare, but with camp 9 - 4:30 Mon-Fri, it frees me up to work more than with school, which was hybrid remote and in person. Trouble is, I have no desire to go to the office. 11 months to retirement and I'm just not interested.
Tree, I'm sorry to hear that you are in the thick of COVID troubles. We are 70% vaccinated and the world is opening up again. It is a great relief on many levels, but as a homebody I could just as well stay home with hubby and isolate. As is, when I go to the office I'm alone there, so it is quite boring.
Cheryl

VermontMom 06-28-2021 07:54 PM

Hello friends!

Tree - you are so brave! and do please vent here if it helps. lord knows I do, over much simpler stuff! I hope the tiny bit of help is, well, helpful to you. Oh gosh I wish so much that your country could be at a higher vacc rate!! and the thought of your season changing, hope that doesn't 'do you in' too badly. Hang in there, Tree :hug: !!

Cheryl, glad that your granddaughter can go to day camp! it is specifically all for karate? wow that's intense! good for you to have the time freed up, even if you don't want to go anywhere. That you have the option. We are also at over 70% rate and I am most happy at not having to wear a mask in stores (though stores can decide their own rules) and being able to get together with our sons (and hugging them!) and not having to space people apart in the dining room at work. I am sorry you are not excited about retirement.

Kathleen ah I see about your journaling, what works for you, the act of writing and seeing it on paper, yes. I hope you can find the time to do it and that it helps you, my friend!! and OH my gosh please never ever feel embarrassed or stupid about speaking about whatever is bothering you!! nothing is too trivial, if it hurts you or makes you anxious (as I just proved, about my shoes, lol)

I am still working about 2 nights a week in the dining room, but we just got 4 new employees and I am hopeful. We DID have 5 but one emailed the day after his first shift and said he was going to hike the Appalachian Trail for a month. Okay, I guess working for a living is not a concern for that young man. My knees are still holding me up but they are not happy.

I am at my 20th year with the summer job and my interest and passion are dwindling. It is because of the new (2 years ago) chef and his crappy staff hires. He does not seem to mind that they are not 100% and sticks up for them when we point out their errors. And the manager lady (who really does take care of me, money-wise, when I work extra) butts heads with him almost every day. The tension is not fun. I try to stay in my own 'bubble' but it is hard not to get down with the bad attitudes. But I am thankful for a full time job, doing what I like, and I still gets lots of comps from the guests in person which makes my day :)

Kathleen yes we are enjoying our new 'rides'! I am loving sitting up so high in my big SUV even though it is a gas guzzler. I do alternate with riding motorcycle when I can.

My flowers are doing well! I gathered white and purple petunia seeds last year, and planted them indoors on heat mats and under grow lights in March. I had accidentally sprinkled DOZENS in each little cell. And as they appeared and grew, I oh-so-carefully took them out and carefully separated their tiny roots and put them in increasingly larger containers. I now have so many petunias :D but I love them so much and the white ones give a POP of contrast that make the planters gorgeous. And I hope the purple ones do their 'thing' which was being super-ruffly and pretty. OK yes I love my gardening !

UlsterNYGirl 07-01-2021 09:10 AM

Holly, I wasn't clear - it is current work that I am not interested in - retirement I am looking forward to. Allison's karate camp definitely involves other activities. They go swimming daily and yesterday they visited some ice caves. She thought they were air conditioned! I said no, they are naturally cool. She said "That makes sense. There were no outlets to plug in air conditioners". She is a hoot.
My knees are never happy! However, they hurt more standing still than when I am moving so I try to keep moving when I can't sit.
I can't really work with tension in my environment every day. I have left jobs because of this. I hope things get better for you there.

VermontMom 07-02-2021 06:33 AM

Oh thats good Cheryl, glad you are looking forward to retirement! ( I didn't read properly)

I started a July thread - https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dep...ml#post5436423