Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-08-2019, 04:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 95/80/65

Height: 5'5

Default How to maintain a healthy weight?

My friend need tips on how to maintain a healthy weight. She was a fat, weighing 75 kgs for almost two years. She got very sick (jaundice), and because of that she lost almost 20 kgs. Now she doesn't look fat, but she's afraid that she'll again gain weight. Any tips so that she could always remain fit and at healthy, and do not gain weight again.
priyaaurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:29 PM   #2  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

She has to count her calories. There are calculators that you can look up that will tell you what your daily caloric intake should be to lose weight, gain weight or maintain your current weight. If she lost weight from being sick, it's likely that she'll gain the weight back unless she's purposeful with her eating. Adding exercise will help to create a deficit or make up for any extra calories consumed.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:02 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieBoom View Post
She has to count her calories. There are calculators that you can look up that will tell you what your daily caloric intake should be to lose weight, gain weight or maintain your current weight. If she lost weight from being sick, it's likely that she'll gain the weight back unless she's purposeful with her eating. Adding exercise will help to create a deficit or make up for any extra calories consumed.
Thanks ChickieBoom! Yes, you are right if she do not keep track of her diet and calories she'll likely to gain weight again. I will ask her to use calorie count calculator. Any tips you want to give on what to eat in a day, the diet may be you follow?
Old 06-15-2019, 04:17 PM   #4  
mjf

If she wants to maintain a healthy weight, she should eat mainly whole foods, for example vegetables, legumes, fruits, whole grains, nuts, and seeds. In particular, eat a lot of vegetables (at least some of them should be green leafy vegetables). Vegetables and legumes are good for weight loss because they're very filling, so you'll be unlikely to overeat. Avoid sweets, refined carbs, and deep fried foods.

I don't think it's necessary to count calories every day. It's a lot of effort and not very accurate. As long as you eat the right foods, you probably won't overeat. However, I think it's a good idea to track what you eat occasionally, to see if you're getting enough of each nutrient (you can do this with Cronometer).
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:51 AM   #5  

Try exercise regularly!
gonler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 04:33 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf View Post
If she wants to maintain a healthy weight, she should eat mainly whole foods, for example vegetables, legumes, fruits, whole grains, nuts, and seeds. In particular, eat a lot of vegetables (at least some of them should be green leafy vegetables). Vegetables and legumes are good for weight loss because they're very filling, so you'll be unlikely to overeat. Avoid sweets, refined carbs, and deep fried foods.

I don't think it's necessary to count calories every day. It's a lot of effort and not very accurate. As long as you eat the right foods, you probably won't overeat. However, I think it's a good idea to track what you eat occasionally, to see if you're getting enough of each nutrient (you can do this with Cronometer).
Thanks mjf for your tips! Surely gonna tell her. I also myself don't count my calories regularly, being a mother I don't get time.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:56 AM   #7  

Losing weight everyday just a ritual simple. Watch Video
gonler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:23 AM   #8  

Log your calories and exercise consistently. Get a personal trainer.
fitnessfreak2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:47 PM   #9  

try exercise regularly!
Deepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 10:52 AM   #10  

Lightbulb how to lose weight fast and easy

1. Drink coffee. Coffee = weight loss.
  2. Get enough shut-eye. It's true - lack of sleep does contribute to weight gain, so make sure you get your full eight hours a night.
  3. Hit maximum chill. First things first, chill out.
  4. Take a bath.
  5. Dine on dark chocolate.
  6. Work on your posture.
  7. Suck on some lemon (water) .
  8. Bin the gum.
bangherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 01:47 PM   #11  

Helpful
Isharasli97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 03:00 PM   #12  

Choose Liquid Calories Wisely
Spinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 03:57 PM   #13  

I try to keep moving and run 2 miles a day
richboy80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 12:13 AM   #14  
Pharamcist

Drink a lot of water and resume consumption of unhealthy food.
some regular morning or evening exercise say 1-2 hours a day.
Phosphorus312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:04 AM   #15  

Default How to maintain healthy weight?

its all about eating healthy!! if u want to eat chocolate or something sweet do it in the morning that way you can burn the sugar an calories through out the day. if your going on a diet you might want to cut carbs past 4. I think what you need to do is eat all the bad junk earlier in the day that way you can work it off an feel less guilty. try an lesson your meal size through out the day and make sure to have a snack every once in a while. I think you need to focus on staying far away from bad food. If you get hungry lock the doors and make a salad the more an longer you eat it the better it will taste and the more you will crave it. fruits and vegetables!!! I've been eating healthy for about 2 months and got a lot more toned down no more jiggle hips for me! hope this helped sorry it was so long
gdnsd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fit, healthy weightloss., wightloss