Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-24-2020, 02:59 AM   #31  

Kathleen, yes I have lost 50 lbs. It was 60 but I gained some back. Low carb helped but now, I've hit a wall. I can't lose anymore. I'm frustrated, pissed off. I really don't know what to do.

I do love my house. I've been here 2 years, maybe 2.5. It's cleaned out now and ready for flooring. To begin with I'm simply going to use rugs I've picked out from online. I know what I want so for now, it'll be rugs. Eventually, I'd like to put some pretty wood flooring down. I want every room in the house to gave different flooring. Kind of an eclectic look.

I also have several Longaberger baskets I'm going to display in the living room. Some, I'd like to display on shelves. I'd like to use different shelves, never using the same shelf twice. Again, going for an eclectic look for my walls.

I've switched to walking with a cane. I still have the walker for emergencies. I've been ok'd to be weaned off the walker.

Night friends. I'm turning in soon.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 04:55 PM   #32  

I'm so tired today. I'm afraid to lay down for a nap.ill wind up sleeping all afternoon.

I had a great PT session yesterday. New exercises, I'm up to 30 reps on all and a 5 lb weight added to some exercises. Today

I wish I could stay awake. I don't think I can.
Old 08-25-2020, 07:45 PM   #33  

I did manage to stay awake. I'm still v v sleepy/woozy. I don't understand why I'm like this. I have been lately. It seems like ever other day, no I'm not kidding, I sleep for hours.
Old 08-26-2020, 01:16 AM   #34  

I did wind up taking a nap but it wasn't a mega nap. Once again I'm drowsy but it is 10:15 here.

I just wanted to come in and say goodnight to everyone. I hope y'all had a good day.

I have 2 appts tomorrow so I'll have a busy day.

Sweet dreams.
Old 08-26-2020, 01:57 PM   #35  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello friends!

Lisa i just LOVE that you are back here!!

and it is so great that your home is such that you can choose to decorate AND that you feel good enough to do so! I don't even know about those baskets you described but I love to hear your plans. YAY that you still have Elvira!! so glad to hear that. good doggie

Yes low carb seems to go so well for so many. I just get ravaged by desire for bready things when I try to do so. 50 lbs lost is amazing!!

and so glad you have a great PT person! but worried about why you are so dozey / sleepy? hopefully everything is fine.

And I am continuing to take your advice about tackling cleanup jobs. And listening to myself to STOP at a certain point before I get frustrated. or worn out. or make even more of a mess, LOL. And this is crazy but if I do too much, if it looks like too much was tossed, the husband gets worried that I'm throwing out his precious junk. Well I am, but I won't do too much at a time LOL.

Now to Kathleen - Hi!! so good to hear from you. AND OH MY GOSH YOU LOST SO MUCH!!! how great does that feel??? congrats!! and would love to hear you catch us up on what is going on . I hope so much your son and daughter are doing well with the challenges of college. And life!

and Kathleen I am sorry , I hope it doesn't make you feel bad when I mouth off about clutter and cleaning up, that is insensitive of me Maybe you have a different method of clutter than my husband, lol.

Oh you asked about my factory job? Yes I had that from late October 2018 thru April 2019. It was so hard to adjust to, but yes I had the friend from the other job there for companionship (and because we always walked around and ate lunch together, people thought we were sisters!! we looked NOTHING alike lol except for chemically created blonde hair lol!) And I was thankful for that job and I did fine there as a 'mature' (older than 25) person, everyone else always had trouble clocking in on time or getting to work, that is simple for me and I actually got an award for not being tardy at all, Haha!! What a nerd I am lol.
But I remember so well, coming here about my anxiety about it and all of you were so supportive!!!!

This past fall, my new ventures for the winter jobs were - assisting in a small jam/jelly kitchen, measuring ingredients, making product, capping hot product, labeling, etc. I was only needed during busy time of late October thru the third week of December. I was very nervous there too, the girl that was supposed to 'train' me only told me when to dump in my sugar and pectin and when to stir, so then when I was put on my own, I promptly ruined a LARGE batch of beer jelly ugh! the owner was kind of okay about it but obviously not happy about the loss. Ugh! I was glad to be done there.

THEN my second winter job (from late December to mid_March, when the world ended being normal) was in a little daycare center, making meals and snacks for the kids, then assisting the teachers. This was an awful job for me!! The kitchen was just like a home kitchen but even smaller, and an electric stove that would immediately smoke and smell like burning as soon as I turned it on...I did enjoy making awesome, delicious, and attractive little meals for the kids but then a teacher got in my face and said "Stop giving the kids red peppers and tomatoes all the time, they've had them 3 days in a row" which was NOT true, and I was TOLD by the owners to incorporate more fresh veggies!! that pissed me off so much! and when I went to one of the owners to say so, she commiserated with me but said "don't pay any attention to her, just keep doing what you're doing, you're fabulous" which is nice but doesn't address that the teacher needed to be talked to! but they didn't want her to get mad and quit.

and then we were all laid off mid-March...and the summer job Board of Directors decided not to open at all...so I have had the first summer off in my life since being 17!! It took me a couple months to get used to it and now I can't imagine going back to work LOL but I will have to soon.

Pat - I hope you are doing okay?? haven't heard from you in a bit but no pressure!!!! just thinking of you.

WOW as usual I am talking too much lol but again I love talking to you all here because I don't talk to anyone else.

Hey and I can't seem to post emoticons or color or 'bold', anyone else?
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 08:41 PM   #36  

I have only 1 thing to say.......PT kicked my *** today.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:27 PM   #37  

I am not in a good mood today. I think it's just everything. I'm going to try to watch some funny stuff tonight.

I had an appt with my knee Dr yesterday. I'll tell you all about it later.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:28 PM   #38  

Holly, I'll respond to you soon.
Old 08-28-2020, 08:21 AM   #39  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
I am not in a good mood today. I think it's just everything. I'm going to try to watch some funny stuff tonight.

I had an appt with my knee Dr yesterday. I'll tell you all about it later.
aw very sorry you were not in the best of moods. Looking forward to hearing from you when you can, Lisa!

I got lots more cleaning up/clearing out done in the past two days in a new territory the garage! there is always some frontier around here for me to dive into whether I like it or not .
Old 08-29-2020, 03:40 AM   #40  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Holly - Oh my gosh... you couldn't be insensitive if you tried! I don't mind you talking about your husband's clutter at all. It actually helps me to see it from a more "objective" person's perspective than my hubby's, if that makes any sense. Please don't feel like you have to censor what you say about the clutter because of me! I would hate that! I really would! This has always been a safe place to come and vent about our challenges and frustrations, and I want it to stay that way... for everyone... and that includes you! 😊 I hate that your summer place of employment decided not to open this year, but I am secretly happy for you that you have your first summer off since you were 17!!! Wow! You are such a hard worker! You definitely have earned and deserve this break!

Lisa - Congratulations on your 50 pound weight loss! I know it is frustrating when the weight loss stalls, because I've been there. But I hope you are proud of how far you have come and that you give yourself credit for putting in the hard work it takes to lose a significant amount of weight! My gosh, your incredibly high temperatures sound miserable! I hope you will figure out a way to get an air conditioning unit installed for some relief. I'm so sorry that your recovery from your knee replacement has been so rough, but happy to hear that you have a good physical therapist. It sounds like you are really sprucing up your mobile home. That is great! I hope you are okay. You said you were in a bad mood when I last saw a post from you. Please give us an update when you can.

Pat - Hope you are hanging in there! I know we never got to know each other very well, but I have read along with many of your messages with Holly and Lisa here, so I kind of feel like I "know" you to some extent. So I do care about how you are feeling. Thinking of you and wishing you well! 💜

I don't have much new to report about me that I can think of, except for the weight loss. We have been coming up to our lake house on the weekends this summer, as we have done for many years. It is my happy place! 😊 So relaxing and peaceful! Indian Lake is only 50 minutes from our house, but it feels like we are on vacation when we are here, so it is wonderful! We are so blessed to have this place for weekend getaways! We will come up on weekends for as long as possible until the weather is too cold. I hate the end of summer. ☹ My kids started back to college this past week. Their classes are all online for now. My daughter petitioned and got ALL of her classes online for the entire semester. She is happy about that. Her major is Creative Writing, with a minor in Screenwriting. My son only has 8 credit hours left this semester, before graduation. I think 2 of his courses will remain online for the entire semester and 2 will meet in person once they go back. His major is Psychology, and he is currently in the process of applying to grad schools. One of the schools he is applying to has a campus close to our house. I think that is his first choice. I would love that!

Oh my gosh, I just looked at the time and it is after 3:30am!!! Time for me to wrap this up and hit the sack!!! Hello to everyone! Hope you are all doing well! ❤
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 02:12 AM   #41  

I lost Elvira today. She was 14 yrs young but a brain tumor took her from me. I'm so lost.
Old 09-02-2020, 05:11 PM   #42  
Biker Chick!

OHNO Lisa I am so very very very sorry!!!! your good doggy who you had for so long and went with you across country with you!!! beautiful Elvira, I wish your crossing over was quick and painless and you drift off to the next realm...peace and love and romping in the sunshine and soft green grass and never ending tummy rubs from the gentle hands of others who have passed and are with our beloved pets. you will see her over the Rainbow Bridge
Old 09-03-2020, 01:33 AM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
OHNO Lisa I am so very very very sorry!!!! your good doggy who you had for so long and went with you across country with you!!! beautiful Elvira, I wish your crossing over was quick and painless and you drift off to the next realm...peace and love and romping in the sunshine and soft green grass and never ending tummy rubs from the gentle hands of others who have passed and are with our beloved pets. you will see her over the Rainbow Bridge
I hope so too.

She declined v fast, in 3 days time she went from walking to not being able to walk.

Got her into a vet and she saw definite signs of a brain tumor. I noticed her eyes being shifty. She could see but her eyes were off. I won't go into detail but I let her go to sleep. I was down on the floor with her.

I'm lost now.
Old 09-03-2020, 07:24 PM   #44  
Biker Chick!

Oh Lisa just unbelievable that it went down so, so fast There is the small blessing that it wasn't long and drawn out BUT when it is so sudden it is more of a horrid shock to you. The fact that you were with her til the end, down on the floor with her, makes me cry. Because it shows how deep you loved her. and being with her at the end is the single most honorable gesture a human can do for their four legged furry loved one. Of course you are lost your friend is not there anymore.
Old 09-04-2020, 12:04 AM   #45  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Lisa - I am SO very sorry about Elvira! 😢 I am so sad for you. 😢 I am glad that she didn't seem to have to suffer for long, but that is such a shock for you to have her decline so quickly and then have to leave you so suddenly. I am sorry you feel lost without her, but I certainly understand. In my opinion, the only bad part about owning a dog (or any pet, I would imagine) is having to say good-bye. I hope you will take some comfort in your 14 years of memories with her and in the fact that you gave her a wonderful life. 💕 And you were with her until the very end. That's pure love! ❤ I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers in the days ahead, Lisa! 🙏 Hang in there! Sending big hugs! 💜
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote