Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-27-2019, 12:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/223/170

Height: 5'8

Default Self Medicating

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but it's related to depression.

I've struggled with depression and anxiety since I was a pre-teen.

About a year and a half I moved out on my own to go to grad school. Long story short, the program gave me a run for my money, I was away from my family and friends for the first time ever, and I started drinking heavily (nightly).

I'm on Prozac and Wellbutrin, so I absolutely should not be drinking.

Fortunately, it's gotten better, but its still an issue. I'm not physically addicted, but I know I have a mental and emotional dependency on it.

I've gained about 15-20 pounds as a result of this.

The thing is that I'm home alone most of the time. I can't really be away from home a lot because of other issues in my life.

Has anyone experienced this?
Lillydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 09:23 AM   #2  

Self medicating is usually referenced to those who choose a substance over actually seeking help/solving their problems. This accomplishes next to nothing except creating a dependence on the substance, while the problems/issues still remains to be deal with.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1
amelbeabk is offline   Reply With Quote