Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-12-2019, 01:55 AM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
My numbers have rebounded so I'm going to be fine. I still have a kidney ultrasound on Monday.

The Dr seems to think the lasix I've been taking dehydrated me making my kidney levels plummet.
So glad that your numbers have rebounded. Wishing you very best with the ultrasound on Monday. Are you off of Lasix now?
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:51 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post
So glad that your numbers have rebounded. Wishing you very best with the ultrasound on Monday. Are you off of Lasix now?
Heck yes!!!! Scared the **** out if me.
tomorrows test will probably be fine.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:19 PM   #18  

I'm sorry I don't post more. I don't know why I don't have the patience to.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:35 AM   #19  

Hi Lisa
how are you feeling today? Was the ultrasound negative? How sad that Lasix can do so much damage and yet its still being prescribed to people

Hi to everyone else. I have not been doing well. The whole loss thing is exaccerbated by my only remaining family member being a controlling brother who lacks compassion gene. And his wife who encourages him to feel anger and outrage. She hated my mother. Still bad mouthing her to me as I cry and grieve. So I am without support other than once a week a grief counselor comes to my hom

I have been stress eating. Especially the day and night I was stuck alone in her condo without a car. And my brother and his wife had just bulldozed over me before they left for their summer home. I ate all day and night. Non stop. Now I am back home but having trouble fitting into my clothing. I cannot be positive enough to post in the place at 3fc where I posted accountability. Nor do I have the energy to do a lot of personals. So I am a bit stuck re what to do for support losing the weight I gained. I think 5 lbs will be fine. But I do need to find a community where I can post the whole food thing. Any good suggestions considering I just cannot do a lot of "personals", and the amount of posts I can read are limited at this time. Needing a small group of dieters.

Just putting it out here in hopes someone may read and come up with an idea where I can get the weight loss support. NO exercise though. I am allergic to it atm

Hoping everyone is doing okay

Last edited by flower123; 05-24-2019 at 12:46 AM.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:11 PM   #20  

Oh gosh ladies, I'm so sorry I've been such a rubbish forum buddy - you've been through so much, I'm so sorry

Pat, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I know you had a complicated relationship, but losing a parent is really hard. I don't have great suggestions on comfort eating - when my mum died, I turned to comfort food, and I just had to be in a good place again before I could reign it in. Talk to people, and talk to us. It helps.

Holly, I'm really sorry you lost Eddie. I remember you saying how poorly he was. Pets are such a huge part of our lives, it must have left a void. I hope you're holding up ok X

Lisa, gosh, I'm so sorry about your kidneys! What an awful scare that must have been! I'm glad your numbers have rebounded again, I really hope they stay in a good place!
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:14 PM   #21  

Kathleen, I'm really pleased to read that your hip operation has been so successful. I hope you can feel this great forever x
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:48 AM   #22  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

this has been such a busy month for me, I am so sorry I feel like I've neglected my good friends here!!

Lisa - so good that your numbers are better!!! that one post was very scary. You have kept this place together for years, we will just look forward to when you feel like 'talking' here

Pat - Oh my gosh, i am so sorry you are struggling so, now. Could you just start your own post/thread somewhere on this forum? with the parameters stated. You know you could absolutely post your thoughts here. Our love and support to you!!!!

Kathleen - BIG smile at reading your recent posts to us!!!! and that is so wonderful that the operation was successful. thank you for your thoughts about Eddie Dog

Coop - so good to hear from you!

Yes I am back at the summer job that I love. We are very short handed though and I have been working in the dining room at night also. Up to 4 nights a week. I can do it, but it's cutting into my free time. It's also been a very chilly, wet spring and I haven't been on the motorcycle yet. Soon I hope.

we adopted a shelter doggie, her name is Chloe and she is very sweet! I would have waited longer but my husband absolutely missed having a dog around so much. She needs to be adjusted to being alone for short times though. We are working on that.

much love to all!!!!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 02:24 PM   #23  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Hi all, I just re-registered after having been gone for 5 years. I started here in 2011, when I was losing weight. and then quit in 2013 after I had a rough patch (got fired, my dad had a stroke, one of my cats died, a good friend dumped me) and went back to eating.

So now, I'm 60 years old and need a kidney transplant (Lisa, so glad your results were not what they first seemed!). I saw the transplant doctor a few weeks ago and he told me I had to lose 30 pounds (I was at 220) and to consider bariatric surgery. He said he'd see me again in 6 months.

Fortunately, my GP had recently upped my antidepressant dose so, instead of just giving up, I went back to calorie counting and being more active. I've already dropped 10 pounds and I'm confident I can make my goal (I'd actually like to be 10 pounds below that). I know my depression lies to me and tells me I'm not worth the effort but my sister has offered a kidney (she's not a match but there's a paired donation program and she's all in) so I figure I need to honor that generosity by trying my hardest.

Thanks for listening!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:47 AM   #24  

Hi ladies

I hope you all had a nice day. It was lovely here. I took Elvira out this evening. It was so peaceful.

I've put other Dr appts off since my scare. I just needed time. I am going to get my teeth worked on next month. I can't wait to be able to smile big.

I thought I had lost my favorite ring but I found it yesterday. I'm so relieved.

I lost my Buggy on Sunday, to renal failure. This is such a loss in my life. We got him in 2006. He was my buddy, my best buddy. He slept on my hip every night. I'm throwing myself into taking care of the others to pay homage to Bug. It's all I know to do.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:01 AM   #25  

Lisa I am so sorry to read about the passing of buggy. Losing a fur baby is always difficult. My condolences. Glad Elvira is doing well. Congratulations in advance for getting the dental work you need. That is very exciting.

Steph. Great to meet you. Sorry I just now saw your post. I am sorry you need a kidney transplant. But glad your sister wants to donate. I understand how the depression lies causing thoughts that are inaccurate. Its a tough one. Losing weight while on antidepresants can be difficult. So congratulations on the loss. Please keep posting. I will try my best to read more often.

Coop good to hear from you. Thanks for the kind words. Glad you were finally able to get the grief eating back under control after your mum passed. Someone in my closed fb grief group said that her psychiatrist said that there is something called "grief eating". Guess there is an apt label for everything, lol. I hope you are doing well.

Holly So relieved to read that you are back where you belong... at your food service job. Sorry though that it is cutting in to personal time. Still it must be such a relief to be there. And good news about the adoption of Chloe. Congratulations !!! Re the cold rainy weather, yes. I saw on WCAX tonight that the last time we had 4 consecutive days without precipitation was SEPTEMBER 12. I think it was something like 285 days. I know it was almost 9 months. BUT they are predicting an extended period of sun. Temps in the 70s. Maybe one day 80 in the valley. I like the rain so its been good for me. Plants are growing slowly though.

I have been eating way too much. 8 weeks of emotional eating continues. Yesterday I was so upset that I ate a rotisserie chicken, one pound bag of peaches and a big chunk of carrot cake. It was pure full on gluttony. i ate the chicken as if I was a starving animal. That was the first thing I had all day. It was a rough day. Today as well.

I am trying to take my mother's furniture. Its really nice. But I will have to get rid of my twin beds and all of the plastic sets of drawers. I have put stuff under the beds, under benches, under everything. Plus in the plastic drawers. So it is a major purging project to get rid of stuff. I have massive amounts of fabrics, ribbons, handmade christmas ornaments in my home. Plus hundreds of greeting cards. All crafts I have made over the years. Plus an old desktop, 2 printers, big speakers and receiver.... the list goes on. I am making trips every day to the junk exchange place. Next is purging my garage of most of my christmas stuff. I used to transform my entire first floor into a winder wonderland. Much of that is leaving tomorrow. Then I have to get rid of a lot of big furniture I no longer want to make room for mother's stuff. lots of furniture. No clue how I am going to get rid of it without strangers showing up to buy it. Got to donate it all. But not sure if a place will send a van to pick it up.

Then I will have to figure out how I am going to place the new stuff from Mother's home. All of this is just me alone. No one to help. Tried a senor help place. But that didnt work out. So its augmented how alone I really am. Thus even more emotional eating. I have zero ability to vizualize where thing should go. So I may decide to not take any of Mother's stuff. Just keep my own. My brother and his wife made the decision to send it to me quickly. So I have around 2 weeks to get everything finished and all the furniture cleared out. Being so alone with no help and grieving is challenging.

Thanks for reading this way too long post. Sending love and light to all
Old 06-06-2019, 11:04 AM   #26  
Biker Chick!

Flower oh my gosh how overwhelming!!! I am so sorry you have to do that monumental task, ALONE, and so quickly!! very unfair I would have thought possibly an org like Goodwill or ReCycle would be able to send a truck? and you didn't get help from a senior center with an inquiry?? I hope so much that some light shines in the way of help. I am thinking of you!!!

Lisa -I am so sorry to hear about Buggy. We all knew his name from your posts and we know how you love your fur babies. Very very sorry

Steph - very good to meet you! you have alot to deal with, but wow congrats on not listening to the liar and knowing you ARE worth the effort!! congrats on your success so far!!! yes you are honoring the gesture of the donation by trying! hope you stay around here

Hi to Kathleen and to Coop!!

well ladies..I am such a dope. I was cutting the grass Monday (push gas mower) and reached down to lift the side chute to let out some grass? Like I have done dozens of times before? well something happened and the blade cut my middle finger. maybe a 1/4 " is gone went to the ER and because there is no flap of skin, no stitches. Went to the orthopedic surgeon yesterday and he said good news (besides having a finger!) is no operation, just let it heal on its own. I am off from work until i feel I can at least attempt some things there. Lessons learned!!!! don't ever stick your hand near the mower like that, and be appreciative every day of simple tasks you can do with 2 hands!! and yes its my right hand . the pain is minimal, don't know why but grateful for that.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:53 AM   #27  

OMG Holly thats horrible. I am so sorry to hear it. May your finger heal quickly. Did the orthopedic surgeon give you any indication of how long you will be off work? I hope you get miracle healing for that finger. AND I hope you are able to ride the bike now that its sunny and warm <3

Hope everyone is doing okay ♥

Last edited by flower123; 06-10-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:37 PM   #28  
Biker Chick!

Flower - belated Happy Birthday!! I see it was on the 8th. and you had the emptiness that it was the first without your mother. and you have the monumental condo-cleaning out task. Such huge upheavals in your life!! and I have seen your thread about food struggles what kind of cocoa powder were you looking for?

My finger is coming along, I went to work yesterday and today. Haven't been on the bike yet and this will put me behind for at least a couple weeks.

Hello to everyone else!!!
Old 06-12-2019, 10:50 PM   #29  

Holly, sorry to read that the finger injury has made it so you cannot ride for at least a couple of weeks. Thats downright sad. Glad though that you are back at work. Are you in pain while working?
Hope your finger is doing better each day.
Hope everyone is doing well <3

Last edited by flower123; 06-23-2019 at 03:09 AM.