Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 10:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Wednesday, August 20

Good Morning Chickadees!

Leenie, you busy girl? everything ok?

Liz, you are doing great getting that exercise in! you go girl!

AmandaPanda, thanks for the explanation on your slimming world diet. it sounds so different from anything i've heard of. I am so glad to hear that it is working for you!

I will be going for my yearly checkup with my gynocologist tomorrow. Ya think I could get all of yall to come go with me and convince my doc that I have a low thyroid problems! I'm gonna do some serious talking to him about it tomorrow. I am so uncomfortable in my own skin that I just don't know what to do.

Gonna grab my 2nd cup of coffee!

Hope everybody drops by for a quick hello!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 08-20-2003, 10:29 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Cathy,

Good luck with the Dr. ICK ! If you convince him, I'm gonna adopt a new doctor. But not really, I really don't want to have low thyroid problems.

I think its b/c we are just not paying attention to what we eat and being we're not getting younger, we have a harder time losing. I think if you seriously take your calories to 12-1400 you'll lose. Its all a matter of being aware of what you put in your mouth and counting it. I KNOW IT SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why can't we have the metabolism of most men @_&%#%(_@#%& ! LOL

oops boss calls BBL
Old 08-20-2003, 12:00 PM   #3  

Hey guys! I have been bad with not checking in. Sorry. I have been kind of busy around here. We have our DU banquet coming up and I am getting huge shipments of stuff showing up at my house. Everyday that goes by we find more things that need to be done ASAP. This is fun but I tell you all of this stuff will be done early next year. This is our first year and we really didn't know what to do. It kills me b/c people say they will help and nobody is doing anything. Joe and I aren't superhuman. (although he thinks so sometimes)
Old 08-20-2003, 12:18 PM   #4  
Divine Gal

Sorry didn't check in yesterday; i wasn't feeling to good.

I feel somewhat better today.I think my sinuses are clogged or something.Maybe i should get some Benadryl. Hope everyone else is doing good.

Lynnie
Old 08-20-2003, 01:26 PM   #5  

Another quick hello.........gonna go run some errands and then off to the fringe.....festival of plays....with a friend.....been a busy week......but life is good.......trying to do one active thing a day and feeling a bit better.....I am so heavy right now......I hate to admit it.....I weigh more now than I did 9 months preg......ugh! I am 40 in March and I am determined to where a bathing suit......besides it would be nice to be able to bend over comfortably at work etc.....

Nice to see all the posts....Cathy thyroid problems is not difficult to diagnose it is a simple blood test.....it is not something that you have to convince anyone of....it is part of all routine bloodwork esp for a woman.

Talk to everyone soon.....is anyone chatting these days? I am never around anymore.....miss you all!

Eliz
Old 08-20-2003, 01:27 PM   #6  
CIN

Default Hello!

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Good to see you all....has anyone even missed me? Hope so a little.

Our computer had that worm and we didnt know what it was for a few days.finally got it fixed!

I am making some changes at work.same amount of meetings just different times........this will be interesting & I think I will like it much better.Two on Mon & two on Tues will be easier on me.However I am now doing one on Weds afternnon for a little while. Sooooooooooooooooooooo

Cathy.as far as thyroid...talk to him.it may help. I just went today to have blood work done.Once you are on Thyroid they check it yearly and sometimes make a change.They have never changed mine so it was fairly easy to regulate.If it is low you feel real tired all the time............the meds didnt change weight or anything but gave me more ZIP!(after about a month)The drawback is now I have high cholestral when I didnt before.it is all connected some way.....drives me nuts.but I refuse the meds for it.I will continue all the good habits I know and exercise often.I know what I am doing and I KNOW my own body!

Have a good day everyone!

Liz.good to see you back too.I did notice you were not here when I made it in here myself!

Until next time Cin
Old 08-20-2003, 02:07 PM   #7  

As some of you know, my DD, Zookeeper, has PCOS plus thryoid problems. In a few words, she barely has any metabolism.

Right now, she is camping and I gave her my South Beach Diet book to read. It deals with insulin resistance in great detail and that in all tied into PCOS and hypothryiod (or is it hyperthryoid---I get the two confused.)

Roger and I went to the zoo yesterday. We bought a cooler with wraps (lettuce wrapped around lowfat lunch meats with some mustard.), string cheese, V8, cherry tomatoes, a veggie platter with a lowfat LC dip, hard boiled eggs, water, and some soda.
We felt great after lunch...not that awful feeling as when we used to eat a hamburger and fries!

Gotta go..
Old 08-20-2003, 02:11 PM   #8  

Oh Cathy and everyone, I forgot something!

Remember that product we used to chat about in the chat room named Nailtiques? I found a product just as good and CHEAPER.
It's called "Get Thick" by Sally Hansen. You put a coat on every day like Nailtiques. Yes it works!

I accidently told my DD it was named "Get Hard" and she laughed her self silly.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

LOL LOL LOL tip you are too funny!
you need to come around more often and get us laughing! ;-)

yes I still use Nailtiques every day! I love the stuff!
I have tried some Sally Hansen stuff, but not the "Get Thick". I may give it a try sometime.

Tip, sounds like you are doing so well on the SBD! you go girl!

hugs,
cathy
Old 08-20-2003, 07:47 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Only you Tippy, only you !! HAAAAAAAAa
Closed Thread