3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Ups & Downs Support Group Aug 2015 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/305480-ups-downs-support-group-aug-2015-a.html)

Lisaluvshearts 08-02-2015 07:54 PM

Ups & Downs Support Group Aug 2015

Hello friends and welcome to August. :)

I had to start a new account incase you were wondering about my name change but I am still Lisa_C, just with a new name and a new post count.

We welcome anyone in this thread, so please if you are lurking join us. We are a great group. We are here to lend support to you, always, so please vent away!!!!! and again, Welcome.

:wave::dancer::grouphug::cheer3::cheer2::dust:

EasySpirit 08-03-2015 06:46 PM

Thanks for starting the thread Lisa. I wrote to you on the July thread.

EasySpirit

VermontMom 08-03-2015 09:16 PM

Hi Lisaluvshearts :D and EasySpirit!!

I am OK. Just feeling down with the fact that summer is slipping away and we haven't done anything but work, eat, watch tv and sleep. I do love my job and I love commuting on my motorcycle but husband's job is getting him down (justifiably) and it affects our life so much. I am doing the 'is this all there is before dying?' thoughts.

Sorry to be a debby downer.

thanks Lisa for keeping the group going.

Lisaluvshearts 08-04-2015 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EasySpirit (Post 5190620)
Thanks for starting the thread Lisa. I wrote to you on the July thread.

EasySpirit

Hi hon, I just went back and read your post.

I hope your family issues calm down for good and that it helps you feel better. You deserve more good days than bad.

VM, hey sweetie, good to see you!!!! Don't get to down about summer going so quickly, we still have time for you to enjoy the great weather. Fall is my favorite time of year, btw. Warm days mixed with chilly evenings. I love it.

Not a good day yesterday, it was awful. I thought I was going to have a breakdown. It was just so bad, anxiety through the roof and my depression won. I have been having more bad days than good, lately. I have had to go in twice for emergency therapy. I pray that I get my life in better order, I am going to try.

I haven't been eating lately, my stomach is all kinds of messed up. Maybe I can shed a few pounds? I certainly could use it.

Much love to all. Write back when you can.

IBelieveInMe2 08-06-2015 12:03 AM

I am finally back!!!

Lisa: THANK YOU SO MUCH for keeping the group going in my absence and for starting the new threads for July and August!!!

Hello Everyone! I am SO VERY SORRY that I was AWOL for so long. It is such a long and twisted story that it will take awhile to tell. I just want you to know that I am still here and working on weight loss. I have lost about 40 pounds and I am finding it difficult to get off of this plateau now. I would like to lose 40 more pounds eventually. My life is crazier than ever and falling apart like never before. :cry: Yet, in the midst of it all, I am stronger than ever thanks to that 6 month coaching program I did to end emotional eating..... and thanks to God and my strong faith!!! ALL the glory goes to Him, though, not me!!! I need to try somehow to catch up with you who are still posting. If you get a minute, it would really help me if each of you could post a quick little summary of your past 2+ months. You don't HAVE to if not enough time or energy. But I do care about each one of you and would love to catch up with your lives. I need to run for now. But I will check back in ASAP and work to get reaquainted with the group! Hugs to all of my friends!!! :hug:

Lisaluvshearts 08-06-2015 01:53 PM

Kathleen,

There really isn't much to tell about the last couple of months. I am back working as a Home Health Aide. I am still working 2 jobs, as usual. Things are really tough here financially. I got behind on my house and car. I am trying somethings that might help me but we'll see.

My anxiety is through the roof, I am so sick. I have been seeing a therapist in an emergency situation, I had to go in twice last week. Today, I saw my regular therapist and it helps a little, just a little. That is how wound up I am.

That is about it here, I know it's not good news but it is what it is.

Have a great day everyone.

Lisaluvshearts 08-07-2015 06:58 PM

Hello friends,

I am feeling better today. I have been brainstorming on my financial problems and have some ideas. I hope I can come up with answers.

I am coloring my hair and I am going out tonight. I need some relaxation.

Jennifer is gone this weekend, again. It's ok, she needs to be with her friends and have some relaxation time too.

Have a good friday night, ladies. *hugs*

Lisaluvshearts 08-09-2015 07:12 PM

I talked on the phone today with an old friend. I have not talked to her in 11 years, she lives in Wa. State. She has stage 4 cancer. I am so sad. It was great to hear her voice again though.

I spent the morning at Indian Lake watching the boats, pontoons and jet skis. It was so much fun. I need to do that once a week, it brings me peace to be near the water.

Hope you all had a great weekend, it's back to work tomorrow.

Lisaluvshearts 08-10-2015 07:48 PM

My depression is back. The plans I had been brainstorming have fallen through. I am probably going to lose my car. I need $300 to hang onto it and I won't have it anytime soon. I am so sad. This is a nightmare for me, I need my car to keep working.

Sorry to dump all this on you, I hate admitting I have a problem. I really don't know what to do anymore.

I wish someone was here to talk to.

lovemylife001 08-10-2015 08:21 PM

Hi Lisa, I'm so sorry about your current situation. I lost my job 4 years ago and was just devastated at the thought of losing my house and car. And then my kids, I was so depressed, but I quickly spring into action and was able to pull it together. If you ever need someone to talk to you can send me a private message. I'm working nights all this week to cover for another manager so I'll be up until 3 am all this week. I stay logged in on my cell. Wishing you some peace and comfort.

Lisaluvshearts 08-12-2015 11:14 PM

lovemylife, :welcome::welcome3:

Thank you so much, you are so sweet. It was sink or swim time and I pulled it together to swim. I called my place that has the lien on my car, is that what you call it? Anyway, I called them and made arrangements for my car. I paid a small payment and they might defer my payments for 2 months. I hope it gets ok'd by the higher ups.

i feel better, not so depressed. I still feel a little like a zombie but it is better than the past 2 days.

I am off work tomorrow, I need a day to myself. I am not one who can work all the time.

Sweet dreams, friends.

Lisaluvshearts 08-14-2015 08:44 PM

Hello wonderful friends,

Where are you? I miss all your posts but I keep this place going. I'm not going to let it die. Plus it gives me a place to vent.

I made some scrumptous chicken & noodles for supper tonight. They turned out pretty good. I'm not really what you would call a cook. It's just noodles, cream of chicken soup, a splash of milk and a can of chicken. Easy peasy as can be.

I am listening to football on tv, the Bengals are on. I wish the Seattle-Denver game was on. I love me some Peyton Manning.

Not much else going on here, it's pretty peaceful. Have a great night.

Lisaluvshearts 08-15-2015 01:20 PM

Hello friends,

It is an absolutely beautiful day here in Ohio. I have the windows open, it smells so good.

i am watching Jurassic Park, love this movie.

What is everyone up to today? Fun stuff I hope.

I am going to watch the Xfinity race today, football and movies. I am just going to relax. I really need it.

I went to Wal-Mart and picked up prescriptions. I hate going there. I am going to transfer my prescriptions to Rite-Aid. It is easier access than trying to find a parking place at Wal-Mart.

I may go to the lake again tomorrow. I loved it last weekend, so peaceful.

I will check back in later.

Lisaluvshearts 08-16-2015 01:34 PM

Went to lake today, I hit the beach. It was so peaceful and fun. I swam some and also got some sun.

Football and Nascar are on tv, both my favorites.

Have a great day, ladies.

Lisaluvshearts 08-16-2015 06:08 PM

I got a little too much sun. :(

Tried to post a pic. Let me try something else. Nope it won't let me post because I only have 10 posts.

I'm hoping it'll tan out.

1961tracy 08-18-2015 11:43 PM

Hi my name is Tracy. I am coming to grips with the fact that I suffer from depression and that my feelings of inadequacy over my weight is getting out of control. I am motivated to get help because I saw what depression and borderline personality disorder did to my mother. As hard as it is to come to terms with my depression and anxiety (I am usually super upbeat and always laughing) I know this is the one thing I can do for myself, that it is something that I have control over. The other issue that I am coming to terms with is dieting. I can't do it on my own and need counseling to go along with dieting. Thank you for letting me put all of this out there. Keeping it inside really hurts.

Lisaluvshearts 08-19-2015 10:03 AM

:cheer2::cheer3::cheer::welcome::welcome3: tracy!!!!!!

I am so sorry you are struggling. This thread is a great way to vent. We all support each other and totally understand each others problems.

I have to work this afternoon. I have 2 clients to take care of, one of them is brand new and that always causes me anxiety. I hope she is nice. I will have to work until 8 pm tonight. I dread it. I don't like working that late but I agreed to help out one day a week with this new lady. Keep me in your thoughts.

Meanwhile, I am relaxing this morning, or trying to. My meds are helping a lot. I have good days and bad days with my anxiety, today isn't so bad.

I have decided to go to the lake on Saturday so that I can go to church on Sunday morning. I want to get some more sun. I have a nice color on my face and chest. My legs didn't get any sun at all. :(

Have a great day! I'll check back in later tonight.

IBelieveInMe2 08-20-2015 11:49 AM

Welcome!!!

Tracy: :welcome3: to the group!!! I originally started this group, but due to some forces beyond my control (breast cancer, 2 surgeries, psychiatric hospitalization, and family issues to name a few), I have been absent for way too long. I am going to make an effort to post as regularly as possible again, since this group is a big part of my support system. Sometimes, it is easier to discuss things with complete strangers who can relate to your feelings than with those closest to us. I was WAY overweight when I began this group. On January 12th of this year, I began a coaching program to end emotional eating. I did very well on the program despite my breast cancer diagnosis a month later. I lost about 45 pounds at one point (in June/July), but ~ after being forced by my family into a psychiatric hospital against my will (ARGGGGH!!!!!!!!!) ~ they put me on new psychiatric meds that have me back up to nearly 200 pounds again. :cry: It is SOOOOOOO frustrating and I have a lot of anger about the whole hospitalization thing (along with the drugs the place put me on)!!! But I am determined to bounce back from this and be stronger for it. I have an incredibly strong faith and it is being tested once again on all fronts. I will NOT back down. I feel as though I am at yet another crossroads in my life in many areas. We take our son to college this Saturday and it feels like someone is ripping my heart out of my chest every time I think about it. He was a fragile 2 pounds when he was born (at 28 weeks) and his twin only lived for 14 hours due to their extreme prematurity. We have sheltered him for much of his life. HE is so ready to leave the nest and spread his wings in the big wide world. I am scared to death, but trying to pray about my feelings and leave the rest up to God. So much easier said than done. He is our oldest, so this is my first time experiencing this. To make matters worse, our relationship has been very strained this entire year and I absolutely hate that he is leaving on these terms. But it is what it is. Anyway, thank you for letting me vent.

I hope to hear more from you soon! Glad you are here!!! :hug:

IBelieveInMe2 08-20-2015 11:54 AM

Lisa

Lisa: Once again, THANK YOU so much for keeping the group going!!! I really appreciate it and I am happy that you find it helpful and are committed to it so much. I have faith that the group posts will pick back up soon and we can get the support flowing once again. Have you heard from Holly or Fi lately? I hope they and others are still checking in periodically!!! I will check back ASAP! Sending you a BIG HUG!!! :hug:

1961tracy 08-20-2015 08:13 PM

Thank you all.

Lisaluvshearts 08-22-2015 02:56 PM

Hello tracy, hello Kathleen, Hello everyone.

I had a busy morning yesterday. Had to take Jennifer to the ER or I should say I had to meet her at the ER. She called me from her car saying, "I think I'm having a heart attack, Mom." Freaked me out but I remained calm. She asked me if I could come get her where she had parked her car, she had pulled over on the side of the road. She had tightness in her chest and pain. She thought she was dying. On my way to get her, she called again saying, "I think I can drive now, the pain has subsided." So I met her at the hospital. The Dr questioned her and decided she had a esophageal (SP?) episode. He said that it feels like someone reaches in and grabs your esophagus and squeezed it as hard as they can. He simply said have Malox in the car and take a swig of it, doing that should help, if she would have another episode. Jennifer went ahead and left for the weekend. She was feeling ok. She'll be back on Monday. We went straight to the Dr's office after the hospital. He assured us that is was not a heart attack too. You could see the doubt in her eyes, she is still afraid.

I am rearranging my living room. Will take pics tomorrow or Monday. *sweating profusely* Wow, I had to move a lot of crap just to move 2 pieces of furniture. This is hard work but I have the computer facing the tv now and my extra couch in the greeting room. I am taking a break. I still have a ton of cleaning to do. There was a bunch of crap under the couch that I moved. It is amazing to me just how much can get under there, shoes, papers, dust bunnies, etc. I am tired already and all I did was move 2 pieces of furniture. In order to do that though, I had to sweep the floor and get all the stuff in the middle of the room. I am also not in the greatest of shape, but this is good for me.

Katheen, wow, sweetie, you have been through **** and back. I wondered where you had been? I am so glad you are back with us, I got kind tired of posting to myself. LOL Fi hasn't been here in ages and Holly posts once every couple of weeks. It may be just you and me and tracy for a while.

I will post again soon. Much love to all.

EasySpirit 08-23-2015 08:35 AM

Hello!

Kathleen, when I read your post, I stopped and said a prayer for you. You have been through so much. Stay strong.

Lisa, I can relate to your daughter. Many years ago, a few months after I graduated from college, I had an episode where I thought I was having a heart attack and dying - I was hyperventilating, something I had never done. I went to the ER where they did an EKG, etc. The doctor was great; he told me I was having a panic attack, and that many people get them after a major life change - like leaving school and joining the work force.

I have been having a great summer- very busy, and I somehow managed to lose a few pounds. I am down to 147 again! Woo Hoo! My goal is under 140. I was in my 120s for many years, then ballooned way, way up after a horrible break-up.

Take care everyone.

Lisaluvshearts 08-23-2015 06:40 PM

EasySpirit,

I am wondering if that wasn't what Jennifer had was a panic attack or maybe, the Dr's were right and it was her esophagus acting up. I just hope she never has another one. She scared the **** out of me. Fantastic job on losing some weight this summer, I think I found it. :(

Hi peeps,
It is Sunday here and I am relaxing. I've watch football all afternoon and now, I am watching Mike & Molly. There really isn't a lot to tell you. I have to work at 6 am tomorrow morning but my shift is only 2 hours. It is a busy 2 hours though.

My living room still isn't finished, I haven't cleaned the floor yet. There is just a lot of crap to pick up. I am a terrible housekeeper. I am amazed at how much crap was under my couch. It was awful. Let's just say, I get overwhelmed when looking at my house so I don't clean it as often as I should. It is just part of my illness acting out. I hate being overwhelmed. It's an awful feeling. Any of you want to come help me clean? lol

I miss you all so much. Have a great Sunday evening. :)

EasySpirit 08-26-2015 12:20 PM

Just wondering - has anyone heard from Fi?

Lisaluvshearts 08-27-2015 07:36 PM

EasySpirit, no, I personally have not heard from Fi. I am starting to worry about her. The last I heard was she was improving a bit.

I saw my mental health nurse practitioner today and we are going to play around with my meds. She is worried about my anxiety level. I hate that I am down for you all in my posts. They put me on Saraquel to help calm my anxiety down.

I am so glad tomorrow is Friday. I might go out tomorrow night.

Have a great Thursday night, everyone.

Lisaluvshearts 08-28-2015 06:35 PM

Hello ladies,

I am feeling pretty calm today. I love it. The med my nurse practitioner put me on might be helping already. I take it at night, as it makes me sleepy. I have had 2 doses. It is called Saraquel. I hope the med keeps working better and better for me.

I hope you all are doing well.

I am so glad the weakend is here. I needed a couple of days off.

Have a great Friday night, much love to all.

Lisaluvshearts 08-30-2015 10:41 PM

Hi everyone,

I wanted to fill you in on how I have been feeling the past few days. I've been taking my new med for 5 days now and it seems to be working. The physical part of the anxiety has lessened and I can almost say is gone. I feel really good. I just took my meds tonight and I am feeling the effects, I am getting sleepy. The med was originally used to help people sleep but they found it helps people with anxiety problems. It's just weird to feel good.

Kathleen, I am thinking about you. I hope you are ok. I know you have a lot on your plate right now.

Fi, please get a hold of one of us and let us know you are ok.

anyone else that has posted in this thread or past threads, please join in on the chat.

I'm going to call it a night here, I have a 5 am wake up call.

Sweet dreams!!!

Cikan 08-31-2015 09:05 AM

It is good to know this topic is here. I have struggled with depression for near 10 years now, the last 8 not medicated. I was taking generic prozac and trazadone but for me, while I wasn't clinically depressed anymore (or so they said) I wasn't happy either; I wasn't anything but just there, numb. I do miss the trazadone though as I could at least sleep through the night. Right now, I am severely depressed, with no direction nor purpose in life, but I am hoping that if I concentrate on my diet and rowing again, then I will find the sleep comes back. And I know that if I lose this extra body that has encased me, I will feel better about myself, and hence a tad happier ( about that at least) ;) ANyways, Happy new Day!

Lisaluvshearts 08-31-2015 05:56 PM

Hello everyone,

Hope you are having a great day!

Cikan, :welcome: :welcome: :welcome3: to the thread. We are so glad to have you here with us. We are small but a mighty thread. Many of us are going through trying times and cannot post much. I, myself, try to keep the thread moving so it doesn't die. Feel free to post when you can, we are here to help. I am sorry you are struggling. Perhaps posting here would help you feel better? Venting either in a blog or a journal can help. Think about it and again, welcome.

I am a little down today. *sigh* I am hoping that tomorrow will be better. :smug:

Jennifer will be home in a while, I miss her when she is gone over the weekend.

Have a great Monday evening. Much love to all.

Cikan 08-31-2015 08:47 PM

Lisaluvshearts, more than glad to be here, and I hope others are stil here too. Being able to talk is part of depression therapy, so I am glad to find a thread such as this one!

Lisaluvshearts 08-31-2015 09:28 PM

Cikan, yes, talk therapy is important in trying to control depression. Post here as much as you want. I post once a day, usually. You'll love the other girls, they are wonderful and understanding.

My depression is usually under control. Today, I was a bit down because of financial reasons. You will hear me complain about those a lot. I am trying to get my crap together and things will get better, I just know it.

Sweet dreams, friends.

IBelieveInMe2 09-01-2015 05:09 PM

Welcome!

Welcome to the group Cikan!!! We are so happy to have you with us! I originally started this Ups & Downs group but, if you read my few posts for August, you will see that I have had a very stressful year in 2015. But I am back and determined to get this weight off and get my life back in order. Thankfully, Lisa singlehandedly kept this group going in my absence. As she mentioned, the group has few members at this point, but we share all of our ups and downs with each other ~ with weight loss, medication, and life in general. Sorry you have lost so many years to depression. It really does feel lousy a lot of the time. I know that just surviving "numb" feeling you describe very well. It is a tough place to be. Do you talk with a therapist at all? Which meds are you currently taking? I just had a 3 week stay at a psychiatric hospital (against my will) in June to July and they released me on Lithium and Abilify. Yikes!!! I gained over 20 pounds back in a month!!! 😢😢😢 Prior to that, I had lost 45 pounds on a coaching program to end emotional eating which I began in January, so just gaining that weight back so quickly was depressing. I was also diagnosed with breast cancer in February and had surgeries in March and April for that and reconstruction. I have another surgery for reconstruction coming up on September 9th. For anyone reading this that prays, please keep me in your prayers on the 9th and during my recovery. I would really appreciate it. It has been a rough year for me, but I am truly a survivor, so I am still here and going as strong as I can for the moment. Even though I do worry and pray about the future, I am trying hard to take life one day and sometimes one moment at a time. It makes it more manageable for me and keeps me sane. I hope that we can be a source of support for you in your weight loss and depression journeys! You deserve to be happy! So glad you are here! 😊 Keep on posting. It helps!

IBelieveInMe2 09-01-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EasySpirit (Post 5195837)
Hello!

Kathleen, when I read your post, I stopped and said a prayer for you. You have been through so much. Stay strong.

EasySpirit: Thank you so much for your prayers!!! I swear prayer makes a difference because I have experienced the power of it in my own life. I won't lie..... this year has been a huge challenge for me and I am still not out of the woods in some areas, but prayer is what keeps me going each day. It is what gives me hope even on my darkest days. So I really appreciate you pausing and taking the time to include me in your prayers. That is very generous and sweet of you! 😊 I am sending you hugs and prayers in return! 💖