Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-17-2015, 01:55 PM   #1  

Unhappy Anxiety and indigestion/dyspepsia

Hi everyone, I hope i can post about anxiety in this part.
I've been on meds for anxiety for a while now and they have helped an awful lot but i still get panicky. I get horrible indigestion and it is getting to the point that i dare not eat in the afternoon just incase i go to bed and get indigestion. I have a lot of weight to lose and i have recently joined slimming world, which is pretty much a way of teaching how to balance meals properly and to be honest I quite like it. BUT I am still having indigestion. The last time i saw a dr he gave me some dyspepsia meds which i had horrible side effects from and gave me a massive panic attack so i stopped taking them, but i am still horribly uncomfortable at night and it is making my anxiety much worse. I'm going to try and get a docs app tomorrow because it's a nightmare, i can't sleep for fear of not waking up and it gets to dinner time and i dare not eat it.

Has anyone else suffered anxiety caused by dyspesia or indigestion. Any tips to keep me sane?

Thanks
webb89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:23 PM   #2  
Warrior Princess

I have anxiety but not caused by indigestion. Have you tried Mylanta or TUMS? Also avoid certain foods that are too spicy or acidic. Eat super bland for dinner or have some chicken soup.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:22 PM   #3  

Hi yes i'm from the UK so i've got massive bottles of gaviscon and rennies tablets, but they don't always work. I can't eat spicy foods anyway, even the slightest bit of spice burns my mouth. I really only eat bland foods anyway, I have a lot of salads etc. I've cut down bread almost completely as i know that made it worse and weirdly so does caramel/toffee.
webb89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 01:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 350/tracker

Height: 5'10

If you use dressing on your salads, that can give you indigestion/heartburn. I can't use a lot of italian dressing because I get WICKED heartburn from it and I take prilosec every single day. Garlic, sauce and salad dressings really bother me, but other than that I don't eat spicy foods either, I just don't like them.

Tums have been a lifesaver for me, as well as the prilosec. I know, I hate taking meds too because of the horrible side effects. You might have undiagnosed GERD though and if you don't get it treated, it can do some damage (don't worry though, it is reversible) to your stomach and esophagus.

It will just keep causing irritation until you get it treated and fixed. I take daily anxiety meds too and I have very horrible, some days debilitating anxiety. It's no joke and I'm here for you if you ever need someone to talk to. I hope you feel better soon.
tranquilize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:41 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bougti View Post
I have the same thing with different symptoms relating to different health concerns. When I was pregnant I worried constantly about placental abruption and so any slight pain I had I feared this particular complication. I then got over that fear then feared DVTs and started getting pain in my calf. After an ultrasound and getting the all clear my fears turned to the birth itself. Now I safely delivered my beautiful girl I fear postpartum complications or infection and have worried so much I physically feel sick then fear I have an infection. Currently I fear PID due to some ovary pain and stomach ulcers due to some burning sensations and nausea. I know both of these things are unlikely but cannot just sit back and do nothing as the fear is too overwhelming. I dare say I will get the all clear regarding these concerns then I will get a pain or sensation somewhere new; Google the pain and develop a new health concern/fear and the other symptoms will dissapear!
tuapp 9apps Showbox
I am sorry. What a massive amount of anxiety you grapple with. That must be grueling. Congratulations on your baby. I hope somehow by some miracle you can get the anxieties treated.

flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:01 PM   #6  

webb89
I have a lot of acid issues due to anxiety over the years. And poor eating habbits. The lining of my gut needs healing. And I have a hiatal hernia. Has a dr checked you for H. Pylori? Its a bacteria that is easily treated. But it will cause a lot of acid and burning. Actually its the cause of most dig system ulcers. If you have not been tested, it might be something good to rule out. As I said its easily treated.... with specific antibiotics

for my stomach lining i often take powdered slippery elm. I put a little bit of it in a jar with room temperature water. And I shake. The SE expands. Then I drink it as a sludge. It does help my stomach. Have you tried licorice root? This can cause high blood pressure in folks who are pre-disposed to that. But there also is DGL which is deglycerized (sp) licorice. That does not raise blood pressure. But its not as effective, according to herbalists. DGL can be bought in any place that sells good supplements. Another thing that reportedly helps is L Glutamine powder. And Melatonin reportedly helps. Although perhaps that takes weeks to really help. There are others as well.

Have you gotten pH strips to test your urine? Sometimes people who experience lots of acid are actually not getting enough. They test as too alkaine. Even though they are feeling a lot of acid. In that case apple cider vinegar can help. But that can only be determined by a ph test. And advice from a dr who understands this issue.

Are you eating chocolate? That is one of the 2 foods that produce the most heat. And coffee has lots of acid in it. I wish you well.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote