Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 01:16 AM   #1  

Exclamation Need Help!!

I am 21, suffer from sever depression (on zoloft for now) and weigh 265#. I went to the doctors today, and i was told if i do not get the weight off, i will become diabetic. I have never been so scared before. I have tried dieting, but it is hard. My husband of 6 months weighs maybe 160 soaking wet. I just want to cry when i am folding our clothes. he could probably fit inside of one of my pantlegs. I would really like a penpal. I think it would help out allot if i had some outside support from someone who knows where i am coming from. thanks.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:00 PM   #2  
CIN

Hello!
I am so glad you posted and think you will find MUCH help here from very supportive people!

NOW is the time to take action and you are they KEY! You have the motivation because you certainly do not want to be diabetic!

Many people finally take action because of a Doctor report or hurt feeling.........or just from the PAIN f being overweight! So I want you to know you are not alone.

Pick a plan and strat doing something today................small changes can make big differences when it comes to weight loss!

Any idea where you want to start? Read all you can and decide. Weight Watchers and TOPS........seem very sensible.but the decision is yours.just choose a healthy way to lose weight!

We hope you will join in and take advantage of all the support this website offers!

Welcome and smile..................it will get better!
Cin

PS I will be gone until Sunday if you reply later today!
Old 05-02-2003, 01:15 PM   #3  

Since there is a history of both weight problems and diabetes in my family, I too have to be careful. Fortunately, my blood sugar has been closer to a normal profile since I am eating healthier.

At the moment, I am on a 1500 calorie plan recommended by the American Diabetes Association; it seems to be doing the trick so far. Also a plus in my direction is that I love fruit, especially strawberries and cantelope, both which are coming into season. In addition to my current plan, I am scheduled to see a weight loss surgeon for an initial consultation August 25. I'm hoping to break 300 by then

Remember, nothing worth getting is easy, but you will not only look better as an end result, but you will feel GREAT in the process! (I have suffered from depression for 20 years, now on 60 mgs of Prozac)
Old 05-02-2003, 02:09 PM   #4  

I have looked into the atkins diet, and i have heard good things about it... i am also trying the cider vinager vitamins. has anyone ever used those before? thank you every one for the support
Old 05-02-2003, 02:17 PM   #5  

Default Waste of money

This is from the buyer beware boards here regarding cider vinegar

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...hlight=vinegar

There are no magic pills, sorry to say. I wish there was.
Old 05-03-2003, 08:16 PM   #6  

Angry Visons....

I have sent you a PM....but I just want to tell you that you have made the first step to changing....you have admitted there is a problem....I too am overweight and at risk for diabetes and heart disease. I am afraid and feel overwhelmed by the task at hand...almost immobilized by the fear.

I can hear the urgency in your words and would love if you kept in touch here and let us know how you are doing.

Thanks for taking the risk and reaching out to us.

Elizabeth in Canada
Closed Thread