Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-06-2012, 12:44 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 290/273/261

Height: 5'7

I am sorry you went through this. I have had horrible counselors as well. There are some good ones out there, you just have to unfortunantly weed through the horrible ones to find them. Good luck on finding somebody you can trust. I have schitzo-effective which is between borderline and sctizophrenia. I feel for you and your younger son.
Lisa
eternalflame30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #17  
small goals

S/C/G: 241/171/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi, Tiff, When that counselor made a kind of dismissive face and changed the subject about my knee, about needing proper attire for interviewing, I thought that I was being overly sensitive about weight and was jumping to a conclusion that she thought the knee problem would be solved if I lost weight, that I should think about investing in a suit at this size, but now I think I was right on the money since those things happened multiple times.
I really think that her comments our last session were intentional, that she identified with a snarky remark I made about my sister (who likes to find a new man before she leaves her current husband) because the counselor made a face when I said it. I could be paranoid, but the good thing is I feel so much better not having to deal with her at all, so my time with her must have been less helpful than I thought. I knew her values were about money, weight, education, she repeatedly told me I would find more of a support network/friends when I moved in more educated circles, which may or may not be true in my opinion.
Having read others' opinions here has helped so much, I don't obsess about how I should have handled things differently, or that I was way off base. It is progress for me in the to take care of myself more by refusing to spend time with people, by choice, that are not respectful. I am more than a number on the scale or a jeans size. We all are, no matter what anyone else says.
gonnadoitthistime is offline   Reply With Quote