Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 01:28 AM   #1  

Default Thursday 2/27/03

It's officially Thursday here. Sorry I have been lax about posting.

The weather here has been nasty this week. 8 inches of snow with 7 degree temp and -10 windchill. They say we are due more snow. Too bad it doesn't go to Linda's....she needs some snow so she can make snow angels.

Linda it sounds like the retreat needs some livening up. I know it will be hard but plz don't be dancing on the tables.

Meg it's good to see you. We've missed you in chat.

Leens what is this about you yelling?? And here I thought you were such a nice person.

Cathy I am okay. Whatever I had went away as quick as it came. No tossing cookies for a couple wks and then last night it came back. Chris insisted I take a Claritin around noon as I was stuffy and oh did I get sick. I was on the toilet and it hit me...nausea, cold sweat, the room swirling. Like to not have made it back to the bed. I found out really quick that this is a pill I can't take mixed with my others unless I take it at bedtime. Tonight nothing. I promised Linda I'd get a doctor's appt and I did call. They told me they'd squeeze me in next week.

Good news....I received a phone call today. I'd put in an application for eye glasses last May. They called and said for me to call tomorrow and set up an appt. They will pay $120 towards glasses, the remaining amount I will be responsible for. I can hardly read anymore without holding the book at arms length and then it blurs. I am hoping I don't need glasses except for reading....my face is not eye glass material.

Hello Jaymee... I know you're lurking.

I need to go to bed....hope everyone posts today.......
Old 02-27-2003, 09:01 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Sweetpea and All To Follow !!

The boss woman is back today so I'll make this short for now

Just wanted to pop in and say howdy. Grace is sick so I might be leaving early today and staying home w/her tomorrow ??? sigh ~

TTYL, Love Leenie

Sweet, I am nice I'm glad your feeling better.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:52 AM   #3  

Sweet so good to see you back. I am also glad that you made your doc. appt. Hopefully they will be able to fix the tossings that you are doing.

Leens na na ne boo boo.... my boss is still gone. just kidding. I hope Grace feels better. I am sure there is nothing worse than having a sick baby.

Well, the rain has stopped at least for now. I think it is going to be ok until Sunday. That is fine with me b/c we will be home form New Orleans recuping. We have already said that Sunday is the sleep in day. I love to sleep in and cuddle with hubby.

Hello to all that follow.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:02 AM   #4  

Default Good day!

I am trying to keep it together this morning...I would love to take a Claritin and go to sleep for a day or two....my hubby is off for the remainder of the week and is cramping my style!

Yesterday was a busy day...got my daughter and her friend that we car pool with and took her home...then off to pick up a gift basket for our staffing clerk at work who is the hospital with pneumoia....we collected enough money at work to give her a gift certificate from an italian restaurant here for $50 and a great fruit basket...she liked seeing my dd 5 too!

Met hubby for lunch and then off to my aunts to pick up some scarves I paid her to make..they are called Boa Keyhole scarves and are they ever nice....the wool is so soft and my dd 11 has one that a friend made for her and she never takes it off. My aunt can knit something up in an evening...so now I have 4 to give as gifts or use for ourselves.

I took dd 5 to the toy store and let her buy something with her birthday money...she was 5 on the 10th of Feb...it was fun pulling off that big party around the same time as I was studying for my course but it all happened!

Anyhow last eve I did a bit of laundry and tidying up and got ready for my stretch of 4 shifts over the weekend starting today. I am doing evenings (3-11)...I took a temp job in the ER until July just for fun so these are my last schedualed shifts on Medicine for awhile.

I did some research for our book club last night as well....there are so many books I dont' know where to start. I got Lovely Bones out of the library yesterday and it is not quite what I thought it would be...it is a book about a family coping with the murder of their teenaged daughter/sister....it is told by the murdered daughter from her place in heaven...I had no clue what it would be about but am always interested in book about how things are in heaven....cried a little last night and don't remember falling asleep.

Sweetpea I am glad that you are off to the doctors and feeling a bit better.

Leens that boss of yours really cramps your style.

Everyone else to come...hello and hope you have a great day!

Eliz

Hey Kemp you snuck in on me! Hello there
Old 02-27-2003, 11:06 AM   #5  

Default Yawn

Morning Ladies and Sweet

I am sitting here whining to myself. I am freezing cold here. I just asked my boss is it cold in here or is it just me? He said no that this dumb building has the AC on!!! We don't have wall thermostats as this is all controlled remotely through some complicated computer system.. arghhh. So I'll just sit here and shiver. Of course today I didn't have a coat with me either.

Last night was a new recipe. Mandarin Chicken. Yum. Had this with whole wheat couscous and some carrots.

Leens, sorry Gracie is sick. So hard when they are little.
Sweet, glad you made appt. I suppose you knew I would lay into you if you hadn't?
Kem have fun in New Orleans.

1.5 days til Friiiiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2003, 01:01 PM   #6  

Angry Morning! (got 10 minutes left anyway)

Working today. My boss is here but Oh Well! She's so easy going! As long as we get our work done, she's fine with whatever we do! Thank goodness!

Leenie,
Sorry your baby girl is sick! My little girl (she's 7y/o) had the nasty flu a couple of weeks ago. I got to stay home with her for a couple of days. I love staying home with my little ones when they are sick. Gives me an opportunity to "baby" them a bit!

Linda,
I only wish I could be cold today! I'm burning up. My internal thermostat is all screwed up! A couple of days ago, I was freezing as well! hope you warm up soon!

Sweet,
Don't think we've met. I'm glad to meet you. I'm glad you're feeling better. This flu-bug this year has been horendous!!!

Kem,
It's still raining here in Tennessee! This weather is so crazy. You never know from one day to the next what you have to wear!
Snow boots & fur parka or flip flops and a bathing suit

Liz,
I wish I had your energy! I had that energy though when I worked in the units and 12 hour shifts! I'm going to have to look up that book, Lovely bones. It sounds good. I usually am a Patricia Cornwell or James Patterson fan. Lately though I can't focus long enough to read anything bigger than a People magazine.

Cathy,
Hope you're having a great day!!!

I'm looking forward to surgery tomorrow. Dreading it actually but ready to get it over with! I'm tired of not being able to use my left arm lfor lifting. It even bothers me driving! I'm just not good at being limited on what I can and can't do! I got to take a shower by myself today!!!!

Everyone have a great rest of the day!

Janie
Old 02-27-2003, 02:06 PM   #7  
acw
Cuddly Kiwi

Greetings...just wanted to drop you all a quick note to let you know I'm still around. Things have been so busy here and I've also found I haven't really got my brain in gear at the moment.

I'm hoping today with just one at home will give me the chance to catch my breath and recharge my batteries and spirit. I have been feeling down this week..I know that often happens when I am busy and haven't taken proper care of myself. Eating properly seems to be the first thing to go!

I'm going to pop in later when DD is asleep and catch up on all the posts then it looks like there are a couple of new friends so I'll say a quick hello to them now. HELLO!

On a brighter note DD aged 1 is really walking well and becoming very adventurous. I love the delighted look on their faces as they see how clever they can be!

LEENS sorry to hear Grace not well. It must be hard working when your little one isn't well. Hope she's better soon.

Catch you all later

Anna
Old 02-27-2003, 02:28 PM   #8  

Talking Checking in!

Leens what is happening with Gracie? Fever, cold, flu? Hope she is feeling better soon

Anna I am sorry that you are feeling down...those are rough times....I have days like that and I just have learned to ride them out and hope for brighter days ahead...hope you are feeling better by the time you read this.

Janie good luck with your surgery...keep is posted...I am not any more energetic than anyone else...I just do what I have to ...believe me I would love nothing more than to lay in bed...I have to force myself to get up each and every day. If I didn't have children I would not!

Linda sending you warm thoughts....

Cathy thinking about your son at work and can't help but think how well he is doing...really awesome how he did the hard thing and took responsibility and didn't give up!

Hi to everyone else...off to work soon

Take care
Old 02-27-2003, 02:30 PM   #9  

Good morning everyone,

It is a beautiful day here today & just -3 C. I have the last class....Living with Depression this afternoon.....have learned things about thinking & depression in these classes.

I am tired today....trying to get off the Effexor XR....sometimes isn't easy....right now I feel a little queasy & am sweaty....but will stick to this.

DS3, his GF & her son dropped in for a visit with the new puppy last....he is so cute!!!!!!!! You really have to watch a new puppy.....we have a bannister with these spindles that the puppy could easily slip through....so we really had to watch him.

Liz.....I have seen the Boa keyhole scarves....they are really nice. I went looking for the yarn once this winter.....but they were out of it.

Leenie.....how is Grace doing now?.....did you leave work early?

Kemp........have a good time in New Orleans.

April

Last edited by april99; 02-27-2003 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls - it is always so nice to read everybody's posts! Ya'll are all so sweet and caring and encouraging and great buddies to hang around!

I wish I had time to respond to each and every one of you today, but I just don't have the time - its crazy here, and I've been trying to pop in all day long just to read your posts.

Cody got his first real paycheck (on paper) today and called me a hooping and a hollering - he was so excited!!!! He thought they were starting him at $6.00 an hour, but they are actually paying him $6.40 an hour, and he had a 40 hour week. Boy is he excited! That is the most money he has ever made in a week! Now he will get a paycheck every 2 weeks. I never thought I could like Walmart more then I already do, but I am liking them more and more each day! ;-)

everybody have a blessed day! I know that I am!!!!

hugs,
cathy
Old 02-27-2003, 03:41 PM   #11  

Hi everyone!

Good to see you all.

Leens...poor little Gracie, she has had an awful time of it and poor mommy suffering right along with her. I hope she finally gets this out of her system for good this time.

Sweetie...you have been one sick girl while I have been away, I hope you are doing better. Hope Dad and Chris have stayed out of your way Get better!!! Of course your weather doesn't help one bit!!

Linda...yummmmmm, love Mandarin Chicken. I know what you mean about freezing...still in the deep freeze here. Hoping to see 28 degrees this weekend.

Liz...I love those scarves! I never used scarves as much as I have this year and boy do we need them!!! I have a list of books for you I will email them to you. My sister in law is a Kindergarden teacher and she just gave me several titles to buy for my grandchildren.

Anna...brighter days are ahead, hang in there!!

Janie...once again best wishes with the surgery.

April...glad to read that your light therapy is working for you...Whatever it takes!!!!!

Cathy...great news about your son! I truely believe that working teaches them responsiblity and builds their self-esteem, something that they take with them through life. I have 3 boys and 1 daughter, and I insisted they work a few hours a week from the day they turned 16 and on summer vacation they had to increase their hours. This also kept them off the streets!!

We helped them out, but I wanted them to know that life is not a free ride. Today I am happy to say that they are all college graduates with awesome jobs (with loads of responsibility) and awesome lives and they even thank us for where they are. Good for you for supporting all his efforts his rewards will be yours too!!!

Kem...have fun with hubby, I know when mine comes home after a week, it's always nice!!

To all those that follow.....Hello!

Have a great day!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Meg
Old 02-28-2003, 02:21 AM   #12  

Default Meg I would love the book list!

Thanks in advance,,,,,Eliz
Closed Thread