Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 09:18 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wednesday, January 22nd - Daily

Good Morning,

Please check out the post regarding what contributes to your clinical depression..... It might give you some insite, HEY it can't hurt

I just woofed down a bagel w/jelly on it (i know nice low carb right ) I love breads and thats going to be my worst problem. I'm sure 100 whole wheat is a better choice (but not as tasty). AND I"M STILL HUNGRY.......Oh where's my water... Nothing brewing here today, SOSDD. Work is keeping my mind very busy which is good.

I need to run out at lunch AGAIN and buy some of those child safety drawer thingy's, can you guess why ?

It was 3 degrees out this morning, now who in their right mind wants to get up at 4:30 am when its 3 degrees out. NOT I. Shoot I dont' want to get out of bed even if its 80 degrees

Whats everyone cooking for dinner tonight. We're having burgers (hold the mayo waaaaaaaah) and salad. For lunch today I have some veggies (since I had a bagel for breakfast, I'm watching what I'm woofing down for lunch).

BBL, Love, Leenie
Old 01-22-2003, 09:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Chickies!

Leens - I wouldn't worry too much about having a bagel for breakfast. There are times when I have a bagel or a half bagel with a piece of fruit for breakfast and then I try to just have meat and veggies for lunch and supper - no big deal. When doing low carb, I think the main thing is to get your carbs in early in the day, like for breakfast, that way you have a better chance of burning them off. I try really hard not to have any carbs for supper - I said I try - I don't always do it - but I try - that's my goal. My only problem is like you said - carbs make me hungry - when I have a bagel for breakfast then about 2 hours later I am starving. That's another reason I try to keep it low carb - because the carbs just increase my appetite and protein fills me up - imagine that!

It was good to read everybodys posts from yesterday.

I didn't get up again in time to get in my exercise. Guess I'm gonna have to go ahead and set my alarm for 5:00 since I'm not waking up by myself - well honestly I'm not waking up til the alarm goes off at 6:00 - I must be needing my beauty sleep or something. ;-)

Soooooooo I'm going to the mall to walk during lunch again today. One way or the other I have to get it in.

I hope everybody has a great great day!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 01-22-2003, 10:18 AM   #3  
CIN

Good Morning Ladies!
I kept my promise to myself and didnt come in here due to the fact I didnt exercise..............I should have made a Tuesday a day off exercise due to work.after 3 meetings with 70 plus members I was pooped!None the less.I have exercised this morning despite the fact my daughter #2 popped in to do some laundry.she watched me exercise and liked the tape herself......so who knows it may motivate her 5'2 just married body back to the program!She lost so much before the April wedding.as most do!

Funny talking about bagels.I had one for breakfast.just MUST have one every once in a while but they do make me hungry sooner.I know that but deprivation doesnt work for me either...so moderation is my aim!

I am on my 2nd week of journaling every bite.I feel so much more in control when I do that.even if I go over a few.it beats eating 40-50 daily! Ha!Ha!

I am going to run errands and go see daughter #1 and the kids.expecting snow tonight again (YEAH! )

TTYL
CIN
Old 01-22-2003, 10:58 AM   #4  

I'm taking a break from cleaning up a chicken I cooked for soup yesterday. I'm going to get three meals out of it! Soup and two casseroles and our dog will get the ick and the outside cats get the bones and some of the ick. Am making bread in the machine to go with the soup.
It's only going to get up to 6 degrees above zero today. Brrrrrrr! A good day to make soup and stay in the house. Our dog Goldie is also in the house. Although I know he has an insulated house filled with straw, I'll keep him in until noonish.
I haven't received that book "ChangeOne" yet. I got an email saying they had some unforeseen problems with manufactoring. It has been almost a month. I'm still not certain if I'll not "return to sender". Am disgusted!
Back to the chicken ick.
Old 01-22-2003, 11:15 AM   #5  
Peg

Good morning everyone

I'm feeling really sleepy today, but I have to drive about 1 hour away to fix a problem w/med. insurance, wish I had someone to go w/me for company.

These bread machines sound great!! I've never tried them, but I don't need to get hooked on breads, the comfort food. Can ya make any kind of bread? sure sounds good to eat w/ soup or chili or stew and have a fireplace going and a good movie.

Talk w/ ya all later.

ladypal
Old 01-22-2003, 12:16 PM   #6  

Good morning ladies,

I just got back from the light therapy......& I am feeling good. It is cold here....it was -24C when I got up today. DH is making coffee now....& I have to leave soon to go for coffee with friends. Will come back later.

Have a great day everyone.

April
Old 01-22-2003, 03:52 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Huggs Lizzy !! you know you got my prayers As far as having it together w/exercise NOT ME !! Pray for me will yah

Lady, bread machines are great but beware, they are dangerous, I could eat a loaf in seconds w/melted butter OMG.... STAY AWAY.

Tip, go easy on that chicken now. Don't you hate when you order something, you get all excited over it and bam, they screw up..@%(&$_(%.... I'm waiting for a low carb book myself.

April, I'm so proud of you, you sound SOOOO cheery since your light therapy, keep up the great work... Here's rootin for yah.

Cin your such a busy body, are you journeling because your trying to lose weight ?

Cathy I give you alot of credit for walking during your lunch hour, I alway say I'm going to do this and I get side tracked and wind up doing something else.....RUSH RUSH RUSH !!! I would have to get up at 4 am to do exercise and that aint going to happen so I MUST get it in either during the day or when I get home OY!! You inspire me more than you know. Actually all you ladies do.

Linny, come back and play with us will you ? we miss you terriably here..... Tell your boss that work is second and 3FC's is first I know I know

Meg, Kem, Anna, Viola, Sweetpea, Marleah Hope Your All Okay !! And a special hug to all the lurkers, come join us some day huh.

Huggs and have a great night

Leenie
Old 01-22-2003, 04:44 PM   #8  
Domestic Goddess

wanted to drop in and say Hi

My day was easy. Schooled the boys this morning and then did a little house work.

I'm still trying to figure out what type of exercise I am WILLING to do...notice the key work in that sentance. I was going to start to walk but I guess I forget that it's only in the 20's around here right now.

DH was home very late last night. I didn't get to see very much of his. Hopefully tonight we will be able to sit and talk a bit.

Off to put the finishing touches on supper....it's baked chicken breast, mashed potatoes, gravy, and brocolli. This is one of my families favs.

See ya'll tomorrow.

Blessings , ChrissyB
Old 01-22-2003, 08:18 PM   #9  
CIN

Leens
Yes journaling to eat more healthfully and off course a few pounds lost would always be welcome! If I dont exercise I cannot eat nearly as much...........exercise is the key for me.

After walking outdoors for years........in all kinds of weather.........I finally found an alternative that I really like.the Leslie Sansone tapes include upper body which I need.......I am one of those weirdos with more upper body weight and small hips and legs......of course we all know that is the most unhealthy build too! See you all tomorrow after my tape!

CIN
Old 01-22-2003, 09:59 PM   #10  

Hi again,

It has been snowing all afternoon...DH said we have had about 3 inches so far....I think it's supposed to snow all night. I have been so tired all week....had a nap for 1 1/2 hours this afternoon....DH & the dog also had a nap....maybe it's something going around. DH made supper....he is a sweetie....he is still driving me to my light therapy 5 days a week in the mornings.

Leenie....we are having chicken pot pie for supper tonight....it is not very good....points wise....am having a hard time getting back on track with dieting.....with any program.

Cathy....Good for you....walking in the mall....I used to do mall walking....now I have started to walk on the treadmill.....just a small goal...5 minutes the first week....one time....this is the 2nd week ....doing 5 minutes....2 times this week....& so on....at the class on living with depression....we were to have a small goal.....in 7 weeks...I will be walking every day for 5 minutes....then increase it.

Ladypal....I am also sleepy this week....don't know if it is something going around or the antidepressant.

Hi Chrissy

April
Closed Thread