Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 02:54 AM   #1  

Unhappy Help - feeling REALLY down

I'm having one of those days, and this site usually helps - I read your posts and smile at a lot of them. Unfortunately, today's a big loser.

I'm feeling fat, hairy, and overall unfeminine (infertility, no periods). PCOS sucks, and I'm tired of my hubby patting me on the back and saying it'll all work out eventually. I'm tired of my boss (who has 3 great kids) telling me I'm not getting any younger, and I should hurry up and have a baby! I'm tired of waiting!!!

Does anybody have any tips to pull me out of this? I tend to overfocus on it all until I make it even worse. My hubby's ice cream is calling to me...

Vivian

p.s. Thanks for listening to me vent.
Old 01-19-2003, 08:28 AM   #2  

My DD, Zookeeper has PCOS plus other health issues, so I can relate a bit to what you are feeling. First of all, if the hair issue really bothers you, get a wax job. She does and I am certain it helps her to feel pretty. Zookeeper will never be thin, but she watches her weight. It's almost impossible for her to lose weight but she watches her diet religiously. As for infertility, she did need a bit of help to have my very handsome grandson. I don't know what the name of the drug is though.
Most of all, realize that you are a unique, one-of-a-kind person. You are pretty and feminine! Also, perhaps a antidepressant might help to take the edge off.
Old 01-19-2003, 01:06 PM   #3  
CIN

Poet,
Sometimes on days like you are having just being able to type it out helps......I dont have any answers for you (like your husband) but I bet you would be surprised to know more people CARE about you than you think!

Consider yourself HUGGED from a stranger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will pray for you today!

CIN
Old 01-19-2003, 09:44 PM   #4  

Default Thank you!

I really needed a hug. It gets really frustrating.

I have been considering an antidepressant - Lord knows dear hubby would love that! But I'm concerned about a drug controlling my emotions (like I'm in control of them - LOL!).

Anyway, to sum this all up before I ramble on forever: Thanks for your comforting words and advice. It's so wonderful to know I can come here and find people who care.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:43 PM   #5  
CIN

Default You are Welcome!

Poet
You are welcome....come in during the week and I think more people will respond...............many regulars dont seem to be here today!

CIN
Closed Thread