Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 05:27 PM   #1  

Default New to your group

Hi everyone! I am new to this group but not new to the forums. I had to change my screen name a bit cause I couldnt remember my log in info it has been so long!!!

I am getting ready to start a new anti depressant med that the docs recommended to me.....and I am hoping it works well!!!

I am wondering....are they any others out there that are stay at home moms who find themselves on the verge of snapping at the slightest things???

I have started doing atkins as well about a month and a half ago.....and finally seeing weight go....but the moods and depression are so overpowering I can barely stand it......

I need people to talk to and keep me motivated.....and POSITIVE....cause for the most part I walk around or sit around here wishing everything would just disappear cause I feel so low and crappy!!!

If anyone is interested in buddying up for the depression and WOE haul.......please let me know!!!

Take care, Lisa
Old 01-09-2003, 09:52 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Lisa,

Welcome !!!!

We are glad you found us and would love to get to know you better, how about posting your bio on the bio thread. After that, please join us on the daily boards where we laugh, cry, #%&#@, and moan but mostly we love each other and we try to help each other get thru the day (warning::::: we can be silly too).

Have you spoken to your doctor about the mood changes that started to occur when you started doing the atkins diet ? thats the first place I would start is with your doctor. I have also done the atkins diet in the past but found it to be very restrictive (for me personally). I'm kinda doing my own verson of a low carb diet instead of a no carb diet. CAD was a good one too.

Hope to see you on the daily's

Luv Leenie
Old 01-09-2003, 09:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Mom2Boys - I believe you and I use to chat a good bit.
I'm so glad you found us here. Please check in each day and talk with us. We will all help each other.

Do you ever get to chat anymore?

I hope the new med helps you out!

It's good to see you,
Cathy
Old 01-09-2003, 10:15 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

HEY IS THIS THE SAME MOM2BOYS FROM CHAT........WOW LADY !!

Hi, I didn't want to make the assumption it was the same Mom.
Well doubly welcome then nice to hear from you.

Old 01-09-2003, 10:35 AM   #5  

Default It's the same MOM....LOL

Hey girls...yep Leens and Cathy...it is the same Mom from chat....LOL....I havent been on here in months......but need to start keeping up again!!!

I have talked to my doctor about the moods....and its just part of my ongoing depression.....so they are gonna get me on new meds this week....yahooo....hopefully they will work!!!

I would love to post my bio.....I will try to get to it in a bit!!!

My 2 yr old is in a reading program where a lady from the schools comes 2 X's a week to play and read with him to get him interested early!!! She should be here soon so I need to go for now but I will be back in a bit to do a bio and check into chat......see if anyone is there!!!

Thanks for the welcome!!! Lisa
Old 01-09-2003, 10:56 AM   #6  
CIN

Hi MOM2BOYs!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was delighted to see you here! I know you remember me because we talked "boys" a lot! My little boys ( grands) are 2/12 & 4 now and such a joy and so much to keep up with!

I want you to know I dont post a lot and reregister a zillion times this morning to be able to reply to you.............see you are so important! I have never really understood the forums and stuff so I stayed away but apparently it is currently everyones way of "keeping in touch"!

I feel confident you will receive great support from "friends" in here so keep writing! Our lives pass through many stages..... yours will get better! Hang in there...and no you are never alone!

Great to see you!
Your Friend
Cin
Old 01-09-2003, 11:26 AM   #7  

Default {{{CIN}}}

CIN......hey you!!! How are you? I sure do remember you!!! I am glad to hear the kiddos are doing well......I am sure they keep you busy.....I know mine do....Kail being 2yrs old now...wow.....he is a livewire......!!!
How is your daughter doing now??? Still on her own???

I am so glad you found me.....and believe me...I know about re-registering....I had to redo mine to get this board name....LOL

I look forward to keeping in touch with you all.....Hugs...Lis
Old 01-09-2003, 11:33 AM   #8  

Mom are you the same mom who landed in the sink when a varment was loose in the kitchen?

If so, hello..it's been ages since we've talked. Glad you found us.
Old 01-09-2003, 11:34 AM   #9  

OY VEY! Another familiar face! Well, hello there Mom. Good to see you! Join us in the daily thread. The more the merrier.
Old 01-09-2003, 11:49 AM   #10  

Default HA HA HA...VARMENT

Sweet....ha ha ha...yep that would be me....no more critters lately though.......any good looking men working outside your house lately???? LOL

Tip.....hey...how are you? How is Wisconsin treating ya? It is darn freezing here in Mass!!!

Which daily thread are you all talking about? Is it on low carb or just the general or support link???

Would love to get in touch with you all again.......sure seems good to be back.....Hugs..Lis
Old 01-09-2003, 12:55 PM   #11  

The daily thread is right here on"Depression and Weight Issues"! Just check the day and the date--like today is Thursday, Jan 9! I usually check in and see what everyone is doing and I make certain that Leens isn't biting her boss on the ankle or worse.
Old 01-09-2003, 01:06 PM   #12  

Ha Ha.....Ok I will have to check into it....and there is also a bio page I gather or am I to just put my bio on the daily thread???
Old 01-09-2003, 01:22 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Lisa there is a bio thread at the top of this board... post there.

Its amazing how much you remember all of us......this is dangerous..NO ?
Old 01-09-2003, 01:22 PM   #14  
CIN

Hey.....see you sound better already................daughter still in her own place with 4 children and good old boyfriend() girls are fine too..........................so glad we are all updating each other again..........

Sweet.I didnt know you "spoke"during daylite hours,,,,,,,,,,,,,wish you all would pop in chat sometimes!

Later taters
CIN
Old 01-09-2003, 01:29 PM   #15  

Leens....I never forget the ones I chat with most....or who helped me most!!!!!*smiles*

Cin.....I am not sure when your on in chat but it is 1:14pm here and I am in Massachusetts....and the kiddos I THINK are napping now....so I am gonna shower real quick and then look in chat to see who all is there!!!

Lisa
Closed Thread