Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 02:25 AM   #1  

Default Thursday 1/16/03

Morning....

Just caught up on my soap operas so thought I'd post on my way to bed. Thankfully I tape them as I could not keep myself awake today. It was one of my drunk days.

Meg, loved the poem. It was really cute.

Leens I would kill myself in 2 1/2 inch heels. I am a klutz by nature plus I have weak ankles.

Tippy, sorry to hear about the fire. As to the zipper on hubby's jacket, show him how well you can sew. Sew the front of his undies shut w/o telling him. After a couple near mishaps he'll never complain again.

Cathy, I can no longer get into chat using Internet Explorer. I am having to use Netscape. Refreshing would not even work. I keep meaning to let Suzanne know but when I think of it I am in the middle of something else. You might try that.

Cin how nice of you to send the lady some shoes. Bet she really appreciates them. Have missed you in chat also....missing Linda as well. I have not been in for the last few nights myself. Hope your 2 friends in the hospital are okay. Speaking of egg shells.. I made tuna salad once after working an 11 to 7 shift several nights in a row and not sleeping well during the day. I tossed the boiled eggs in the trash and put the shells in instead. My fiance at the time was not impressed. Hmmm, maybe that's why we never married.

Ladypal, good luck on the house. Hey I love the bug. Is that a dragonfly or what?? I swatted at it thinking it was real. So glad no one was around to see me being so stupid.

WTG Anna on the 6 lb loss. You've done great. Sorry about your sister...it has to be rough for them all.

It's raining here...and we are to get some snow and high winds through the day. Dang Artic cold front. Glad I don't have to be out in it except for running to the main house a few times during the day. Nothing like 20 mph winds and up blowing up your gown. Brrrr.

Today was weigh-in day. Down 1/2 pound. Better than nothing. Hope to do better next week.

In case I don't get back in today, wishing you all a great day.

Last edited by Leens; 01-16-2003 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:13 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Everyone,

Sweet thanks for starting the thread today, I wasn't going to post today cause its kinda a depressing day for me, my eldest sister passed on this day. Ooops gotta go, starting to cry already.

Have a blessed day everyone,

Huggs and Kisses, Leenie

JESSANN I LOVE AND MISS YOU
Old 01-16-2003, 08:14 AM   #3  

Talking Morning Sweet and all to come!

Well I am up at at 'em bright and early. I am spending the day at a conference today...and looking really forward to it! It is about grief and bereavement..."What to say when there are no words"...in helping patients who have grief issues and maybe even get something out of it for myself.

Might bump into Outback as I will be very, very close to where she works....she knows what I look like but I don't know what she looks like...so that could present a problem as I want to meet but she doesn't lol. I told her I would be the one with the rose on my lapel!

Well Sweet you are to be congratulated for your loss! Way to go!

I on the other hand have regained everything I have lost

Bye
Old 01-16-2003, 08:37 AM   #4  

Oh Sweetpea I laughed about throwing out the egg and using the shells of the egg. When I'm tired I still do stupid things, but I remember this one. One of my kids was VERY little and I was so tired when it cried for it's feeding in the night. I got up, heated the bottle, changed the diaper, dumped the bottle in the sink and put the baby back to bed. I couldn't figure out why the child kept crying until I saw the bottle. Oy vey....poor baby! Yes I warmed another bottle and fed it.
Leenie, there isn't a word I can say to help the pain. Just know that your big sister in Wisconsin is thinking of you.
I got an email from my ex-husbands fiance yesterday. The fire resulted in a complete loss. but, as she said, no one died and what they loss was "stuff". The stress level must be unbelieveable.
R is on his way home form work. Yes, he left about an hour ago, but he decided that he needed a day off and is coming home. Now I gotta get all the men, beer and cigarette smoke out of the house ....KIDDING.
See you later all
Old 01-16-2003, 10:00 AM   #5  
CIN

Good Morning Ladies!

Well.I am getting my wish! Snow and cold coming our way....so because the little boys are here I am getting them ready to take back to daughter ...............I love them but I am not stupid!I dont want to be snowed in with a 21/2 & 4 yr old.............ha ha ha

I will check back in later!

Leens...my prayers are with you.days like this must be hard for you!

Sweet.glad you alive & kicking!

Tippy.you are always alive and kicking!

Later !
CIN

PS Cant remeber who else has already checked in..............so forgive me for not saying anything to you!
Old 01-16-2003, 10:02 AM   #6  
CIN

LIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes it was you! Try to stay awake at the conference...................hope its interesting. Sometimes they are great and sometimes drab and boring!

CIN
Old 01-16-2003, 10:53 AM   #7  

Good mornign ladies!

Sweet that was to funny about sewing the underwear. I wish I could sew just so I could pull that one on hubby.

Leens I know this is a tough day but remember we all love you.

Liz I would be interested in knowing what you learn in the conference.

Tippy you be sure and stay warm up there.

Cin I have no idea what is wuold be like to get snowed in with two kids but I am sure it wouldn't be fun. lol You stay warm too.

We are supposed to get pretty cold for down here too. Today it will get down to 23. Trust me, I can bet lots of people will forget to run there water and have busted pipes tomorrow. My dad used to do plumbing on the side and he would have lots of work during this time of the year.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:59 AM   #8  

Leens my thoughts and prayers are with you today.

Tippy that poor baby. Isn't it amazing what we'll do when sleep deprived. How funny. Also sounds like you are having some good daydreams...men, cigs and beer.

Cin you should have kept the kids and made a snowman. Plus you have some hairs that haven't turned gray yet.

Thankfully the snow went around us. It went into Kansas they said...woooohoooo!! Made my day.

I have been elected to make a cake for a girl's 6th birthday tomorrow. She is the daughter of a friend of mine. It's been so long I don't know if I can do it. I don't have strength in my hands that is needed to squeeze the bag. I should have hid my cake pans!! The last cake I made I tossed to the floor for the same reason...patience is not a virtue I have. It felt good for the moment..until I realized I had to clean it up. God only knows how this thing will turn out.

Time to race Dad to the mail truck.......later!!!
Old 01-16-2003, 11:20 AM   #9  
Peg

Good Morning Ladies : :

I'm having a sleepy day today, don't want to get up and goining, I feel really cold, I shouldn't complain, it gets about 30-35 degrees in the am and warms up to about 70 or just a little below durning the day, suspose to get quite a bit cooler over the weekend and next week, can never predict the weather in california.

Our transfer truck didn't sell, my hub took a few hours off from work to sell it to a very rich man that said he will buy it, and pay cash. We get there to meet him, he wants to try it out for a few hours, then decides he doesn't want to buy it. It made my hub mad, I don't blame him.

Dosn't look like we'll be able to get out of this lease, the real estate is going to try an idea of running an ad to find other tenants, so this owner doesn't go without rent, I don't think it'll work, don't hurt to try.

SweetPea- I has an aunt that lived in Commanche, Ok, she passed away about 3 years ago, she was one of my favorite aunts, we use to visit her about every 2 years when my dad has let hes vacation built so he could have a 3 week vacation. Oh yea, that was the dragonfly, type: then df another : you'll have it.

Leens-I really understand how you feel, my dad passed away 3 years ago, I'm fine now, I can talk about him and other things relating to him, and things we done, once in a great while, I get teary eyed, then it goes away. They are in a better place now, and probably don't want us feeling sad, I feel they know when we are, they see us, my dad would have said (talking w/a little disgust) don't worry about it I feel great and I'm doing great, couldn't be happier, I really do feel this.
Take care, it takes time.

Hugs to ya all, have a happy day,

I colored my hair 2 nights ago, bought dark brown, it's jet!!!!!!!! black
Old 01-16-2003, 11:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!
Nice to see everybody checking in!

Cin, the reason you didn't see my post yesterday, was because you and I must have been posting at the exact same time. That happens a lot in here.

Liz I would also be interested in what you learn at the conference. I hope Outback finds you - let us know if yall meet or not. Wanna hear about it.

Sweet - congrats on the weight loss - hey down is down - much better then seeing that scale go up!

Leens - I'm praying for you today girlie!

Tip - hope you got that house cleared out before hubby got back home! haha

Kemp? do you have a big coat for tomorrow? brrrrrr we are gonna need it. I don't have a big coat. I don't like being that bound up, I like lloose sweaters and jackets, but I'm gonna wish I had one tomorrow It's suppose to be 23 in the morning, but the wind chill will make it feel like its down in the teens. Do they have wind chill up north or is the actual temperature the temperature that it feels like since yall don't have the humidity that we have? The questions that I come up with huh! Maybe if I went somewhere sometime I would know what it is like in other places.

Ladypal snuck in while I was posting - that's cool about us having the same birthday - how far apart in years are we???

I got up at 5:00 and did my 2 mile walking tape. Sure feels good when I get it done. Already have 4 bottles of water down the hatch.

Well girls I have got to get back to work. Hello to all of those yet to check in.

Hugs,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 01-16-2003 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:42 AM   #11  

Cathy I don't have to heavy of a coat. I will just have to run from the car to work. Good thing I have a garge so I really don't have to go outside to much.

They have windchill up north but I think they may be a little more used to it than we are. I know when we went to Denver it was so dry. You know we don't have to problem here.
Old 01-16-2003, 02:31 PM   #12  

Good morning ladies,

SweetPea......what soaps do you watch. I watch Guiding Light & As the World Turns.....when I can.
I don't make birthday cakes anymore.....the last time I made one....from a mix....it turned out to be about 1 1/2 inch high....so now I get the cake from the bakery.

Leenie.....I will pray for you....I know that when it is the anniversary of the death of my parents...even though it has been many years....I think about them & how much I still miss them.

I went for light therapy earlier this A.M.....feel good today.....though I find I feel somewhat sad & down most days between 5 & 8 P.M.....since I started the light therapy. The counselor said some people have to use the lights also in the afternoon for 10 minutes. I have to see my doctor to get a prescription for the light box.

It is real nice out today....blue sky with white clouds....it is cool out.....but not too cold.....just -3C....so that isn't too bad.

April
Old 01-16-2003, 03:23 PM   #13  

It is 15 degrees (-9 C) here today and will get down much more. That's before wind chill of course. Snowy and gray here in Ohio, big surprise!

Lately I've been eating a lot of junk but today we were out running errands and instead of hitting McD's I came home and made a sandwich. Hooray for me! I got the buttons to fix my daughter's coat and I am trying to clean house with my 2 yr old helping but we are making very slow process for some reason (spelled C-H-L-O-E). I have cleaned out from under the couches, peeled the stickers off the furniture and everything, and picked up all the tiny-but-too-big-to-sweep-up piece of this that and everything. So now we get a break! Chloe loves the little icons on the side of the page here.

April, I have taken a cue from you and am trying to get more sunlight. We've had several very cold but sunny days, so I've rearranged the living room furniture to face the window. I put a bunch of big houseplants by the window and it is very cheerful. We sit there and read some books or I have tea and put my feet up, and it is very nice. Thanks for the idea!

It also helps that after three and a half YEARS I have FINALLY picked out the colors I want to paint the living room/dining room. And I bought the paint and supplies this week. So that project is moving forward and I feel good about that. The previous owners put in a beautiful but hard to work with pink carpet, the color of raspberry sherbet, then painted the walls a muted but dark pink and also put up dark green and pink borders of wallpaper. NOT my style and it makes the rooms just close in. I have tried 3 shades of paint already with no success, but have found just what I like and will paint it all a rich cream color and do a colorwash of pale taupe over it to give it a bit of interest and depth. I have one 4 foot wide space of wall that is the test site and I have been checking and rechecking it to make sure before I continue with the rest of the rooms. Hooray! I read that indecision can be part of depression and whoa nelly do I have it. There are so many colors and techniques available now and HGTV, Trading Spaces, and Martha Stewart really load on the pressure! I will get the painting done and then start sweating about the curtains. I hate this stuff but it IS so nice when it is done correctly. If we don't divorce we will remodel the bathrooms which will be a big big project!

Well I made it into my counselor on Tuesday and had a good session. We talked about me and my husband and it was comforting to learn that I am not nuts and being unreasonable regarding him. And she pointed out all the changes and work I've accomplished in the past year since I've seen her. Even though my weight hasn't changed (worse, actually lost and regained), I've done many things and really progressed and improved! She helped me to see I've worked hard and deserve to ease up on myself; there is hope and a happier future. Rich went yesterday to see her, came home and curled up in a ball in his study. He won't talk to me about any of it but has "homework" and will be going back to see her next week. I think she will put him on an antidepressant if he is still having problems then.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Last edited by marleah; 01-16-2003 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-16-2003, 04:24 PM   #14  

Hi All,

Wow, everyone is on the ball today!!

Leens...It NEVER gets easier!! Hugs and prayers go your way.

Sweet, wtg...who cares how much!!!! it's going in the right direction. Now about that cake...you can do it and in the end you will have the reward of knowing you did it and it came out beautiful, so go for it, that's the kind of stuff that makes us feel good. Keep your fingers out of the frosting

Liz...good luck finding Outback Wouldn't it be fun if you did though???? Sounds like an interesting seminar, one that should be manditory for living life, like paying taxes!!

Marleah...I do the same thing, put things off because of indecisions, by the time I decide to do it, I have a different idea. I did, however do my living room last June, and I faux painted it and it came out beautiful!!! Took me 40 hours, but it was worth it. I got a price from an "artist" and they wanted $1200.00 to do it, so I did it for a little under $100.00 plus the time. Now I am working on painting all my woodwork a soft cream color, taking it from a dark stain to that...NOW that is a JOB I wish I hadn't started!!!! If it ever gets done, it will be so nice.

April...so glad you feel better, my heart was aching for your pain, keep going!!!!

Kemp...Cold??? come here, it is going to be 5 by Saturday, more snow tonight!!!

Cin...I like the cold too, but 5 degrees is too cold...30 is nice! I better not complain, 95 will be here before I know it!!! and I hate that!!!

Tippy...So sorry about your sons employment, that is going to be so rough

Cathy...I love my walking tapes too...infact that is where I am headed...3 miles with Leslie and I am pumped.

Lady...had the same kind of morning myself...didn't want to move!!!

Linda....Hope you are well

Have a great evening....Meg
Old 01-16-2003, 07:36 PM   #15  
acw
Cuddly Kiwi

I think all you ladies freezing in the snow should come and visit me in New Zealand for a couple of months! High today of 20deg c(what's that in F?) very rarely colder than 2-3degc in winter. The kids (and big kids) all get really excited when it snows here even an inch because we don't see it very often.

Am thinking of you guys while I sit in the sun!

Havea good day

Anna
Closed Thread