Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-09-2011, 10:43 PM   #1  

Height: 5ft5in

Default Struggling for years

Hi, I'm new to this site. I have been struggling with my weight for as long as I can remember. I have also been struggling with depression and anxiety/panic for years as well. All of them combined with stress and some agoraphobia do not help in the weight loss category. I am an emotional eater. I can go for a little bit with eating well or exercising, but once something happens like a crisis or something to get my depression going or to frustrate me I just say screw it and go binge. I hate it. I hate myself for it. I cannot stand the weight I have gained lately. I need to lose at least 200lbs. It is horrible. It is holding me back from doing just about anything. I just don't know what to do. My depression doesn't help in the matter. When I'm down or stressed I eat.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated. I need it more than you know.
Thank you!
HBH777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:42 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 10''

Welcome! I have loved ones who struggle with depression and some take medicine, some get counseling but everyone benefits from eating healthy and exercise. Unhealthy foods can negatively impact your moods and make depression worse. You are not alone in your struggle! I hope you can find the support you need here. You are on the right track by coming to this site. I wish you the best on your weightloss journey!
AngelxxRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:46 PM   #3  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Hugs and welcome! Stick around. Find a good therapist you can relate to!

Hope to see more of you!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote