Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #1  

Red face The Weight-Loss Diaries

I think that Deppression is a big problem for people struggling with weightloss. This is a great book, The Weight-Loss Diaries. If you have ever dealt with the struggles of weight loss, or dieting whether you are trying to lose a few pounds or several , you will be able to relate to Courtney Rubin.In this book The Weight-Loss Diaries she presents a diet journey and courageously says out loud the things we have all thought at one time or another. I think Courtney felt it was important to let her readers know that there was someone out there that shares their pain, and that they are not alone.Which is exactly how some of us may feel when struggling with a weight problem. Courtney Rubin’s The Weight-Loss Diaries is a behind-the-scenes account of her struggles with weight loss Although this is not a book on how to lose weight i feel it could be a great comfort to some. You won’t feel so alone after reading blow-by-blow what someone else has been through. Not only do you get helpful insight about exercising and avoiding crash diets, but the book also focuses on all the stressors young women have to face during their teens, twenties, and thirties. The author talks about the difficulties of balancing one’s independence with fitting into old roles/routines that families and friends expect of us

Last edited by detwilerh; 05-24-2011 at 12:20 PM.
detwilerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/123/???

Height: 5'7

I got the audio book version of this a few years ago, and I highly recommend it as well. She talks quite a bit about the frustration of regaining weight, and diet burnout... she's not overly negative or defeatist, but is very, very honest. I kept finding myself surprised at how much I identified with her feelings, because deep down I didn't really believe other people (lots and lots of other people) really do have the same problems I do. Funnily enough, she is surprised as well, when she writes an ongoing column for Shape magazine and tons of people e-mail/write her saying they have secret bingeing problems as well.
vabs is offline   Reply With Quote